KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fire is the only one I really like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloaded the album and listened to the first track, Heartbreak on Hold, and I'm already at a loss as to why that wasn't released as the first single!
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    Just downloaded the album and listened to the first track, Heartbreak on Hold, and I'm already at a loss as to why that wasn't released as the first single!

The chorus on that song is huge.....I really think they released all the wrong singles for this album....
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »

Yes I agree, as soon as I heard that song my mind just boggled at the thought of it being a wasted opportunity.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO the singles should have gone:

1. Heartbreak on hold
    2. Fire
    3. Between the sheets
    4. Oh la la
    5. What money cant buy/Tonight
  • Options
    Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    IMO the singles should have gone:

1. Heartbreak on hold
    2. Fire
    3. Between the sheets
    4. Oh la la
    5. What money cant buy/Tonight

I think that's spot on - all of my favourites too. I still like Let It Go though, even if I am in the minority!

This is killing me as the signed copy should be coming tomorrow so I don't want to ruin it for myself by keep listening to the full songs on YouTube but the replay button keeps calling me. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think Beating Still and Love You That Much should have been swapped around. Beating Still is really strong and should have been on the main album, I find LYTM boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I think the potential is there for that song to be a big hit...but the backlash from the radio will really stop it from achieving its full potential unless they somehow reverse the whole situation and jump on the AB bandwagon again if that was to happen I hope it's capital, after all they were responsible for SWY going to number 1.

Forget Radio. It's not that important really, she needs to do a nightclub tour with the song as the focal point & give it a supercreative video. Something a bit Gaga, a bit unexpected and out there.

She'll still be able to get a good deal of promo for what should have been the lead : T4otb, Daybreak, chatty man, Jonathan ross, Paul ogrady or Graham Norton, at the very least she could hammer the promo like Joe McElderry did - show up everywhere.

The thing is that in the past she's been able to do moderate promo because of radio and the calibre of promo. Quality over quantity. She doesn't have that luxury anymore - go Gaga. Show up all over the place relentlessly hammering home the song/album. From daytime tv to shopping centre gigs and selling a tragic story to a magazine.

Publicity is easy, she just has to work harder than ever now.
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She won't get high budget videos unfortunately. Partly down to the underperformance of LIG. It doesn't mean to say the video for single 3 should be cheap looking. Many videos may be inexpensive but creative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less urban would be nice. A little class.

Just advertised on tv. It's getting some exposure.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A tour could be out the question but at least a supporting act slot for some big Popstar of the moment could do no harm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A tour could be out the question but at least a supporting act slot for some big Popstar of the moment could do no harm

A tour doesn't have to be out of the question. She could do small venues and maybe try to get on board for the festivals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A tour doesn't have to be out of the question. She could do small venues and maybe try to get on board for the festivals.

She has said she has a tour coming up, but it will probably be theatres and other smaller arenas.....plus she has been confirmed for T4 On The Beach too...
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    IMO Daylight Robbery should be the next one with a Paparazzi/Halo style video. She needs to get mad at a man. All dark etc. It's not hard. But it'll be completely ridiculous and a party lol. Cause that will work...even though it's not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, after my first listen, I think the album was good and an enjoyable listen, if not a little samey by the end.

Mid-way through I did fear it was a little generic dance but with a 90's edge, but her voice does save the songs often.

I'll certainly give a few more listens.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It could be out of the question. Would you wanna spend money on a tour for an artist who can't bring in money through the music it's self?
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    It could be out of the question. Would you wanna spend money on a tour for an artist who can't bring in money through the music it's self?

A tour makes more money than music. That's why. Even if it's 10 theatres, it's a lot. If each holds 3k, and tickets are £40, that's a lot of money. She can sell the records, but radio aren't playing her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems that Digital Spy agrees with me. Good. :)
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is it in the midweeks?
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still think This Love Will Survive could potentially be a summe anthem for Alex!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Alex's new acoustic session for TGJ is a must see. She KILLED Hallelujah (in a great way lol!):

http://thatgrapejuice.net/alexandraburke/
  • Options
    speedyboispeedyboi Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Where is it in the midweeks?

I don't think anyone wants to mention the midweeks.
    (No.14 :o)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    speedyboi wrote: »
    I don't think anyone wants to mention the midweeks.
    (No.14 :o)

That was Wednesday. It's fallen since then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Currently its at 18 in today's midweeks.

Its actually really sad, I listened to a few of the tracks on Youtube and everytime my thoughts went like this:

"This song is really boring/crap"...."Wow Alexandra's voice is so listenable and rich"

Her voice is the only thing that saves those tracks and its a shame she's wasted it on such dirge.

Its an absolute crime that she's allowed autotune anywhere near that voice...why!?! Its actually frustrating when you think about it.