garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
Forum Member
Beat up Leanne Battersby

Awful storyline from the (s)hat upcoming

Comments

• Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,636
    Forum Member
    Blackburn said on This Morning it features as an upcoming domestic storyline plot in the summer, where Simon will be the one attacking his step-mother Leanne.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon being an aggressive, disturbed child feels like a response to Killer Bobby in EastEnders and Leanne being miserable isn't a rare commodity.

Decent idea for a story but arguably the wrong characters.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I dislike him even before this, I'll give it a miss when this happens.
  • Options
    linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    Send him off to his dad:D
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon being an aggressive, disturbed child feels like a response to Killer Bobby in EastEnders and Leanne being miserable isn't a rare commodity.

Decent idea for a story but arguably the wrong characters.

Nah, Simon has been through a lot, it would seem right that his character could take a bit of a dark turn.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How stupid and unnecessary.

Bye bye hat.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god first the Hat gets Faye up the duff then he has Simon turn from brat to beating up his stepmum, if Simon is able to give a whack to Sean, Fiz (who cares she aint around, he can find her, he made his way home from Blackpool when he was 6), Todd, Anna, Owen and The Nazirs then I may start to like him.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanne certainly isn't a character I will feel any sorrow for.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I wonder when this plot was planed. I suspect after the 19th February.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't feel they are the right character's. Max in a few years could work. Simon has been through a lot but it still seems wrong. It's not that it's completely unbelievable it just seems to be another thrown in storyline to give Leanne something to do, bulk up the storylines, and try to be current. Simon's always been such a sweet kid it seems a shame to ruin the character in such a way just for a short storyline. We're yet to see it play out of course but in soap, especially Coronation Street lately, these sort of storylines tend to run for a few months eventually culminating in something serious then everything's hunky dory again. Can see him landing her or someone else in hospital then being shocked into realising what he is doing, them having a heart to heart, then it will scarcely be mentioned again.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    Beat up Leanne Battersby
    I think it's a very interesting idea for a sl and of course I don't believe for a second he will 'beat her up'. He'll probably lash out her in temper.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »
    Beat up Leanne Battersby

WTF ?

Curley Si beating up Leanne, its really unbelievable. :o:o
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a ridiculous storyline.

He's such a little pip-squeak and she's as tough as old boots and wouldn't take that kind of sh*t from him...

CS's losing the plot continues under Blackburn. Didn't he turn the Vicar in Emmerdale into a granny beater or something? Sounds like a bit like that. :confused:
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is an absolutely ridiculous storyline. It just gets worse.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it will get the same backlash as EE? :D

anyway voilent children is becoming more common so it could work but with the idiot they have in charge i doubt it will
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be one slap in the heat of an argument.
    And totally believable from Beelzebub Barlow. I've always believed there are 3 sixes under that mop.

Much more believable than the sweet, gentle, sensitive 11 year old Andy Sugden ( Emmerdale ) turning into the monster that he is now.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

anyway voilent children is becoming more common so it could work but with the idiot they have in charge i doubt it will

Children being violent to their parents is an issue but you have to get the characters right.

I don't believe for one minute that Simon would be capable of this or that Leanne would put up with it.

Now, Faye attacking Anna Windass would be more interesting to explore, especially tied to a post-natal depression angle.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, Simon has been through a lot, it would seem right that his character could take a bit of a dark turn.

Absolutely.
    The kid has been pushed from pillar to post after losing his Mum, his dad being an alcoholic, being in a fire, losing a close confidant (Tina), losing his grandma (Deirdre) and being left with a step mum.

Maybe losing Deirdre is what is the straw that breaks the camels back ?

Very realistic, I think.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people think Simon lashing out is far-fetched.

It seems to me he's had a problem with his temper for a while. He's often raising his voice, shouting and screaming, crying when he doesn't get his way, or the sh*tty things that are going on around him in his family are frustrating him.
    Mix that with the testosterone of puberty and a violent loss of control is quite feasible.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linlam wrote: »
    Send him off to his dad:D

For a few years, and come back with a new head.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what to think about this. Leanne is indeed a tough old bird, but she has always made allowances for Simon and I can imagine her becoming a victim of her own making.

She loves the child, and will do anything to protect him but like most parents she doesn't realise that she's enabling his bad behaviour & creating a monster! I reckon that when he does lash out at her, she will once again make excuses and blame herself, which will in turn make him even worse, and probably lead to him attacking her on a more regular basis.

Lets not forget Simon, is the nephew of Tracy Barlow, there's a whole lot of murderous kinda crazy in those genes! It won't be long before we find Leanne lying in a pool of blood with a statue shaped hole in her head!
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    Lets not forget Simon, is the nephew of Tracy Barlow, there's a whole lot of murderous kinda crazy in those genes! It won't be long before we find Leanne lying in a pool of blood with a statue shaped hole in her head!
    He doesn't share any genes with her since she's not his biological aunt. Peter and Tracy are step-siblings.

While this is undoubtably a sensationalistic route to go down, this doesn't really strike me as out of character behaviour from Simon. He's been a little shit in the making for years and Leanne has always enabled his bratty behaviour.
  • Options
    Rick GrimesRick Grimes Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Leanne Battersby and Simon Barlow will be involved in this new plot.

Updates, debates, opinions and anything else!

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a634415/coronation-street-domestic-abuse-story-planned-for-leanne-and-simon.html#~p6x1AmAKKA9qiW
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a rumor or has it been confirmed. I can't see Simon beating up anyone, this is the kid who was being bullied by his younger female cousin just a few months ago. Like someone else said Max would be the best character for this story.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How ridiculous. I cannot see where this would stem from. Simon, overall, has been a pretty good kid, and he clearly adores Leanne.