Options

The Sanatorium (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    kfb wrote: »
    Watching the last episode of Inside Men - filmed down 'eeeeerrrre' in Bristol. Recording Trevor Eve for another day ;):D

I loved Inside Men ....what a brilliant mini series...:D

Im a bit unsure about the end.....but it sort of makes sense...very few series allow the baddies to triumph....:rolleyes:

A reviewer was talking about how the manager was the mouse from the story of the Gruffalo....a tiny man ...who was a mouse, but has now turned into a man who is no longer scared of anything.....

Werent the characters in there wonderful..and so many different ways of playing on the title of the Inside Man....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yellow :) Thought I'd come over and have a read after seeing lots about it on the QAT and what went down today.

I just wanted to respond to this post as I just looked back at this clip. John was the one to first ever publicly mention their sex life here.'She said before, you're like my mate that I have sex with!'

Josie laughs 'alright John, don't show me up like that!'

Emma: Alright, seeing as you've brought the subject up, John let's just talk about it, shall we? (they all laugh) Have you smoothed him over now?

Josie: Better believe it, kid (with a wink.. so she clearly didn't find it thatttt bad!

Emma: And um.. please, tell me it was longer than 30 seconds..

John (jumps in immediately) Nah.. (so if anyone was downplaying his talent in the bedroom department it was himself, just in the same way he always did in BB)

Emma: Let John James answer that one.

Josie: Alright then. You've gone soooooo red! (they laugh) Look how red he's gone?

Emma says it is funny as he's happily told the whole nation this 'and now all of a sudden you've gone really shy about it'

John jokes about the cameras being in his face.

John: (Turns to Josie and asks HER) Did I go for longer, I'm not sure..

Josie: What do you mean you're not sure?

Emma then says she'd read in a magazine that John had said he and Josie are rubbish in bed. He says that's not something he would say and that their quotes had been mingled together.. the ratings they'd given themselves out of 10 both 2/10. (John interviewed before Josie legged it from UBB and Josie before she and John had slept together)

Then they all joke about magazines and newspapers twisting what they say ALL THE TIME!! Josie says that she is the oven to John's potato. Then Emma says she admired John not wanting to lead Josie on and John said he was protecting himself too as Josie might have come out and thought he was a .... (bleeped out!)

THEN Josie says 'he's alright!' Which to me, was the same as John saying 'yeah, you're alright' after Josie said she was a nice girlfriend in between the decks kiss..

And they both talked about their sex life in a number of the mags and on the web chat they did. Where John rated Josie 12/10 and said she was h'amaaaaazing and Josie rated him maximum points. In a mag she said how it was really good. John answered one of the silly OK mag questions that he wanted a sex room for him and Josie. And I could reel off a bunch of others from a few things and from twitter and from what happened next.. but I'm boring myself even now!! I don't know what the point of this post was now either :D I think just to try and answer your question in probably the most long-winded way imaginable.

Sorry for this essay, Kay :o (and yet, I carry on!) I also remember John saying something about how their arguing added to the passion of their relationship. I don't know anything about Aaron and Faye, but I would have hated to see slurpy snogs between JJJ (if they started that, it would have made me feel like they were being fake and insincere) like I hear Faaron had .. because John and Josie were definitely shy about these things and wanted to have SOME intimate privacy just between them and not for airtime. And they were both vulnerable and insecure people with their own issues so snogging publicly with someone they really cared about was never going to happen. I think in the first week if they had played spin the bottle John/Josie might have had a cheeky snog with one of the other HM's.. one they didn't care at all about.

It was the slow burning.. will they/won't they.. incredible emotion connection and undeniable chemistry and mutual physical attraction they had that had so many of us hooked.. as well as their friendship and silliness.. the way they could talk about bogies and laugh over the same things.. it was fun, wasn't it?

Anyway, all I meant to say was that obviously as their relationship began they were having sex.. and from what they each said seemed to be liking it :) My personal view, is that as they began to argue more, they had less sex as the bad attributes were becoming more predominant in their eyes.. making them less attractive to each other.. but I don't know anything.. hell, they could have been having it EIGHT times a night ;) up til the day he left for all any of us know.. or they could have not had annyyyyyyy after January or so, who knooooows?

Goodnight everyone :) Sorry to burst in with this random spiel, which is non-consequential really now but wanted to have my say, so did :)

Hope you are all well and enjoyed the sunshine today. I spent far far farrrrrrrrrrrrrr too much money!!! But it felt good to treat myself for once.

Love and cuddles xxx

I agree with you....especially the BIB...

but still think they were both shy about talking personally about sex...and think there is a world of difference between chatting about sex as a random act....or something your mates do....and the intimate act in private....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    :D
    Oh, okay, I know I'm short....and not particularly stylish......no need to rub it in! :D:D;)

ooops.....sorry Lindy :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    I loved Inside Men ....what a brilliant mini series...:D

Im a bit unsure about the end.....but it sort of makes sense...very few series allow the baddies to triumph....:rolleyes:

A reviewer was talking about how the manager was the mouse from the story of the Gruffalo....a tiny man ...who was a mouse, but has now turned into a man who is no longer scared of anything.....

Werent the characters in there wonderful..and so many different ways of playing on the title of the Inside Man....

Hi. Agree with you about the end. It wasn't really about a crime as such but more about the ability to do the job. Still a crime though and people got frightened and hurt while they carried it out. There must be better ways of asserting yourself and standing up to being exploited. And in the real world, would the Riazes and the rest of that gang just be happy with the outcome? I doubt it very much. I'd be more inclined to the Eastenders model where gangsters like that don't like to be made fools of and would be determined to take you down. Still, they kept the suspense going right until the end. :) A nice touch with the masks and who was underneath them during the actual crime because at the beginning when you saw it carried out, it looked really brutal but at the end underneath the masks, you could see how petrified they were - although it did get a bit confusing at times! :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ali
    Was just listening to Paulina on Heart saying she felt duped by the trailer for The Descendants. It came across as a happy fun family story set in Hawaii, instead of which, of course, it is actually a very sad movie and, like us, she thought it was rubbish. But what was interesting was that her daughter cried all the way through it. We talked about that, didn't we? I didn't feel even the slightest urge to cry which is unusual for me as I normally cry at the drop of a hat which means I didn't engage with the characters at all. I think you said you managed to squeeze a tear out over the father/daughter deathbed scene. Someone else told me that their teenage daughter had cried all the way through it. So I'm wondering if it's one of those films that hit you as a teenager. I've got a few of those in my back drawer - they are actually not very good films but they got to me when I was a teenager.

Anyway, that started on the Breakfast programme a very good discussion about film trailers and how it's all about the music, how that influences you about the tone of a film. The film guy told an interesting story about Tom Cruise and it's called, I think, The Valkyrie, about an attempt to assassinate Hitler. I've never seen it. But Tom Cruise won the battle over how it should be trailered - as a serious, intellectual film whereas the movie bosses wanted it to be put across as an all action movie with explosives etc which actually only make up a tiny piece of the film. The film crashed but Paulina went to see it because of the serious trailer and said it was one of the best films she'd seen. If it had been put across as an action movie she wouldn't have gone. It's like when you see trailers for comedy films and you've already seen all the funny bits in the trailer. You feel duped.

I thought, as it has on the radio, this might make for an interesting topic of the day. Has anyone ever seen a trailer for a film online or at the cinema, been to see the film, and felt the trailer didn't portray the film in the right way at all? They were talking more about a film not living up to expectations. But I guess it can also work the other way round, that a film is actually much better than its trailer.

The music is good too. The film guy played background music to the trailers of famous films that gave you a completely different feel about what the film would be like.

LOL There you go. Enjoy.

This is something for me to think about :)

I have seen loads of people on twitter saying how much they cried during The Descendants, and yet I felt completely emotionally disconnected from the characters. It felt too much like a tearjerker-by-numbers.

There are so many trailers now that seem to show the best bits of a comedy, to draw you in. Other films they do misrepresent, although i don't see many trailers these days as I don't go to the cinema.

One thing I have experienced is where you see a bit in a trailer which they don't include in the final edit of the film, cause the trailers are often made before the film has finished editing, or when they decide to make a change after test viewings.

Music can be so effective in a film - films like Star Wars and Jaws have music that has become known on its own. It can also ruin a film of course. I hate when music lets you know what's coming, if you know what I mean - a scary bit or a sad bit, you should be led by your own emotions not told how to feel. Psycho is a great one for minimal music but effective.

I haven't seen Valkyrie, I did mean to - I must remind myself to do so. I do like it when TC does films that aren't his usual type, like Lambs for Lions (or was that Lions for Lambs :p).

Sorry not been around today, ended up caught up on a games site, killing zombies :D

Talk soon :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    This is something for me to think about :)

I have seen loads of people on twitter saying how much they cried during The Descendants, and yet I felt completely emotionally disconnected from the characters. It felt too much like a tearjerker-by-numbers.

There are so many trailers now that seem to show the best bits of a comedy, to draw you in. Other films they do misrepresent, although i don't see many trailers these days as I don't go to the cinema.

One thing I have experienced is where you see a bit in a trailer which they don't include in the final edit of the film, cause the trailers are often made before the film has finished editing, or when they decide to make a change after test viewings.

Music can be so effective in a film - films like Star Wars and Jaws have music that has become known on its own. It can also ruin a film of course. I hate when music lets you know what's coming, if you know what I mean - a scary bit or a sad bit, you should be led by your own emotions not told how to feel. Psycho is a great one for minimal music but effective.

I haven't seen Valkyrie, I did mean to - I must remind myself to do so. I do like it when TC does films that aren't his usual type, like Lambs for Lions (or was that Lions for Lambs :p).

Sorry not been around today, ended up caught up on a games site, killing zombies :D

Talk soon :)

Ah, still can't beat Mahjongg Dark Dimensions as far as I'm concerned. :cool:
    I'm not a TC fan so, sorry, can't talk TC films.
    I wondered where you'd been all day. Killing zombies is much more interesting! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else's home shrouded in fog? Horrible damp stuff!
    Always reminds me of mystery thrillers.
  • Options
    nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else's home shrouded in fog? Horrible damp stuff!
    Always reminds me of mystery thrillers.

No fog here just nice and warm but i'm so blody tired i could sleep standing up. So i'm leaving you CS

yeah:D:D i can sleep tilll 9:30am:) all the way no taxi run and my dad is going out with Pika for the loo at 7am.

So I'm off to http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0Nyi7JxNlD0/Tn1jOXqNaMI/AAAAAAAAACg/AV2TxzCktwU/s1600/sleep+like+a+bear.jpg
    have a lovely weekend!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No fog here just nice and warm but i'm so blody tired i could sleep standing up. So i'm leaving you CS

yeah:D:D i can sleep tilll 9:30am:) all the way no taxi run and my dad is going out with Pika for the loo at 7am.

So I'm off to http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0Nyi7JxNlD0/Tn1jOXqNaMI/AAAAAAAAACg/AV2TxzCktwU/s1600/sleep+like+a+bear.jpg
    have a lovely weekend!

Goodnight Sleepy Bear.

Sweet dreams
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching the BBC4 programme about Gerry Rafferty - didn't realise he was in so many bands I used to like.

Here's a song by Stealer's Wheel that I've always liked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

This was one of my favourites of his solo career:

Night Owl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTnff0pkgs
  • Options
    Dongle44Dongle44 Posts: 36,311
    Forum Member
    :D JJJFINLAND

Jedward were good in the irish euro song and probably will win :D

Evening to anyone who is here :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That guy who played David Bailey is making it big. Who could have predicted that ?:rolleyes:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBsRHrSXFAWYe9ee6vaGz2bR2QJ-T7Wfm070vGCCz3OzadkMDw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That guy who played David Bailey is making it big. Who could have predicted that ?:rolleyes:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBsRHrSXFAWYe9ee6vaGz2bR2QJ-T7Wfm070vGCCz3OzadkMDw

Kay

Have u heard from laurels
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jedward won :o
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Anyone see Mark Wahlberg on the Graham Norton Show? What a dish (as we used to say in the golden, olden days :D )

I never plan to watch Graham Norton, but when I see it, I do usually enjoy it......and Minnie Driver was quite funny tonight, too :)
  • Options
    xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. Just poppin in quickly because I thought Heidi might like to know Jedward is officially our act for the Eurovision! :D Jedward ftw!! :D

Have to go again now, fam from Holland are downstairs. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dongle44 wrote: »
    Kay

Have u heard from laurels

Sorry, no. She's in hiding.
    Laurels, come out, come out wherever you are ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, guys, got to go. Up early in the morning. Going up to Nottingham to see my son. Have a good day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, no. She's in hiding.
    Laurels, come out, come out wherever you are ;):D

Thanks kay

Enjoy ure day 2moro :D:D
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Sorry, guys, got to go. Up early in the morning. Going up to Nottingham to see my son. Have a good day.

Have a good day :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,096
    Forum Member
    I didn't say that I said living together in a happier fashion. I can only go by impressions we get from what we have all read and heard. She didn't sound happy about their shared life together (John and hers) talked about closed curtains and staying in the house, playing online, etc. She seems, to me, to be happier - after all they are engaged and JJJ split up; you don't split up if you are happy, and you don't get engaged if you are not :confused:

The first and second paragraph is all stuff Josie has said about Luke and herself, pics she's tweeted, etc., and I can only give my own impression, my own opinion :D and those were my impressions/opinions :D

Whether he's a doormat, who knows - we only hear a column from Josie's point of view, if Luke did one I wonder what he'd say... that'd be interesting :D

I don't get what's confusing you about my little postie there? :) It's just my thoughts, my very own :)

Just my thoughts ..:o

I do worry for Josie and I know that she is probably the sorta person who would 'Hate That' !!

I am most likely completely wrong in my thinking, but I sometimes think that with the life Josie has had she'll be looking for things that will go wrong ... she'll be all about protecting herself before anyone can hurt her. I really hope that she's learned to relax and realise she is a lovely woman who is worthy of being adored by the man in her life.

Now if only I could tell myself this :o:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she has learned to 'stand on her own two feet' in some ways but in other ways, I'm not so sure. That's why Josie is such a mixed bag of contradictions and difficult to work out. Perhaps she has learned to be more independent as she's got older and had reached that point when she met John after what sounded like a pretty emotionally dependent long-term relationship and deep depression as a result of that relationship ending. That's why it took so long for him to 'break down her barriers'. When I met her I felt the same as a lot of people - that she's so easy to get to know, treats you like her best friend even though she's only just met you, etc etc. However, what I felt after the split was that she took this superficiality one step further to 'you're either for me or against me' without seeing any shades of grey inbetween, that people might still want to continue to support both Josie and John separately. She didn't seem to cope well with that. And sending PMs round to people to get them on side - maybe I'm out of touch with how people behave after a broken relationship, but this kind of behaviour seems a bit odd to me personally - rather immature. And yet, I know it happens from work I've done in the past. But I do think in some ways Josie is emotionally independent. She gets on well with her family but doesn't seem desperately to need them as some women do. She gets on well with her friends but the same applies. On the other hand, what do we know? We haven't a clue really. It is all just speculation.:p

Sorry if this thinking is a bit disjointed - keep getting interrupted by phone calls at work. How dare they!

I think alot of us looked at Josie's emotional scars in BB as being left by her ex ... I just now question that. Hopefully the majority of us are lucky enough to have had that constant in our lives throughout any situation .. our mother. I think this is why Josie appears to be 'So Independent' ... who knows what's going on inside??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Food for thought, thanks Gussie :)

It is actually the first discussion I've had on twitter about the QAT (not the JJJAT) and obviously other people were involved but that's not the point, I digress. I was angry at the reception that Daisy got on there the other day and expressed my views. I posted about a pic of John the other day, and immediately there followed a remark about trolls. Perhaps I was wrong and put 2+2 together to make 5. Anyhow, it's of little importance now.

Anyhow, we will all have to agree to disagree and we will probably always disagree :(

The Mills & Boon remark is actually a quote from the JJJAT a while back, not one of mine I might add.

To quote an earlier tweet discussing this thread :eek: (we all do it don't we :D) I guess I shall remain a '****'. And no, it wasn't you, I do know that. I've always pretty much agreed with your opinions funnily enough.

Anyway, Laura's nagging me and I don't know where this post is going or even if it has a point, if any of it does.

Have a good evening one and all :)

Waves to Daisy like a mad fool !!! :D:D:D

:o Don't know what went on :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello you :)

I guess for me it's looking back from this distance, I doubt what I saw a bit more. Certainly at the time I felt it was a grand passion, but even with Josie's remark to Emma Willis when they left the house - when Emma asked about sex and Josie said 'we'll get there' ... I look back at that now and I wonder. Of course, it is only wonder, I don't know, none of us does.

I just have seen a few clips recently and obviously had a lot of time to think about it, and we've been discussing John's time in the house over in the JJAT and it's been on my mind, I look back and wonder if I was seeing what I wanted to see. I could be wrong, probably am, it's just from my perspective now, 2 years on :)

It was all in the eyes Ali, they wanted to jump the bones of each other.. What happened after ??:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    So,what's the weather like in the UK?

Shithouse!!

:D:p:D:p:D
This discussion has been closed.