Kylie Minogue - Timebomb

LMLM Posts: 63,474
Forum Member
✭✭
This picture has been posted on Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/Lendy15/status/204600345215774720/photo/1

This has led to speculation of a new song by Kylie named Timebomb being released and may make sense to why the press snapped her filming a music video back a few weeks ago

Comments

• RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been speculation about a new single called "Time Bomb" for about a month now. I commented about this rumoured new single and the music video about 2 weeks ago in the discussion regarding her new best of.

The track is said to have been written by Karen Poole who has penned songs for Kylie before. There is speculation that "Time Bomb" was the alias for another track called "Last Dance" which was written by Karen Poole, Matt Schwarz and Paul Harris. Kylie was actually in the studio with all three back in February. The video for the single, which is said to be an offbeat electro dance track, is said to have been directed by Christian Larson.There are rumours of her making an appearance on The Voice this coming weekend which may mean her performing the new track then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love a new Kylie Single!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    She definitely is performing on the Voice UK this Sunday - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01jhwqx - so it would make sense if she were releasing a new single. Maybe 'Timebomb' will be released this Sunday followed by the 'Best of Kylie' album on the following Monday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blakpat wrote: »
    She definitely is performing on the Voice UK this Sunday - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01jhwqx - so it would make sense if she were releasing a new single. Maybe 'Timebomb' will be released this Sunday followed by the 'Best of Kylie' album on the following Monday.

I think you might be right and i cant wait to watch the voice!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm excited! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie on The Voice this SUnday...premiere of Time Bomb...tic toc tic toc! should be awesome :)

And i take it if true then thats Cheryl for the final then of The Voice too as both performers were heavily rumoured.

Either way intrigued by this song...Electropop i presume.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Timebomb is gonna be on the Orchestral recordings album. Although i wonder if the album won't be just full of orchestral recordings but a mix of different things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Timebomb is gonna be on the Orchestral recordings album. Although i wonder if the album won't be just full of orchestral recordings but a mix of different things.

I'm not a Kylie expert, but isn't it going to be on a new best of??
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »
    I'm not a Kylie expert, but isn't it going to be on a new best of??

It wasn't included on the tracklisting. No new songs were
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! More excited than a kid in a candy shop! Been waiting for this news for AGES now. LOVE new Kylie tracks!! :D
    I hope she performs it on the Voice... but we'll have to wait and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, can't wait - I love Kylie :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't included on the tracklisting. No new songs were

Like I said, I'm not a Kylie expert :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i'm excited just by reading the thread title, i don't know what i'll be like when i actually hear it lol :D
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im dying to hear this and im hoping its a classic Kylie pop song.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope its good, she deserves a bit hit this year to tie in with her celebrations. looking forward to hearing it now.
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya its the ideal year to have a big hit again for her. Although All the Lovers was quiet a big hit selling well over 300,000 so hopefully the new single can do the same, id love a number 1 but cant see it happening but i hope im very wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be unlocked on her website on Friday at 7.00am. I've got a feeling that it's just a snippet, and we won't hear the full version until Sunday on The Voice and on iTunes as an EP together with the video. For someone who mentioned that Cheryl will be on the final, she's not. She's on the same night as Kylie.

If Kylie goes to #1, that means that together with her already being the only artist (male or female) to have #1 albums in each of the past 4 decades, she'll also (with Madonna) have #1 singles in each of the past 4 decades as well... A heck of an achievement.
  • FutureGamesFutureGames Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »
    If Kylie goes to #1, that means that together with her already being the only artist (male or female) to have #1 albums in each of the past 4 decades, she'll also (with Madonna) have #1 singles in each of the past 4 decades as well... A heck of an achievement.

Kylie isn't the only artist to have #1 albums in the past four decades as Madonna and Bruce Springsteen also have. Kylie was the first female to accomplish the feat.

Madonna also hasn't had a #1 single this decade as her last #1 hit was in 2008 with 4 Minutes. Kylie will be the first female to accomplish the feat if her new single hits #1 which I hope it does.

Oooh the excitement!
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is exciting. I love Kylie and I hope this is a smashing new tune. But her last no 1 single was Slow in 2003, so I am not expecting a no 1 if I am honest. Oh, but I hope that I am wrong!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    hmm this could be a new song included on that Best Of collection. can't wait! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie isn't the only artist to have #1 albums in the past four decades as Madonna and Bruce Springsteen also have. Kylie was the first female to accomplish the feat.

Madonna also hasn't had a #1 single this decade as her last #1 hit was in 2008 with 4 Minutes. Kylie will be the first female to accomplish the feat if her new single hits #1 which I hope it does.

Oooh the excitement!

Kylie was definitely the only female artist to have #1 albums in each of the last 4 decades however until March this year when MDNA came out (forgot about that).
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danniilo13 wrote: »
    hmm this could be a new song included on that Best Of collection. can't wait! :eek:

There won't be any new tracks included on the new 'Best Of'.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear this. I heard that apparently it's 'an electro stormer'.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i doubt it will be classical if shes flying around on the back of a motorbike in a leather jacket in the video.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I want unreleased material from 1993/4 - I have a hope that one day in some charity shop this will be dumped at the back. Highly unlikely as it was record company ears only....

http://www.discogs.com/release/1026269

My music holy grail
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    There won't be any new tracks included on the new 'Best Of'.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear this. I heard that apparently it's 'an electro stormer'.

:D

oh! this stand-alone single is weird... perhaps a buzz single for the Best OF then.. :)