Options

Last Man Standing (starring Tim Allen) – Sky1

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep on asking Sky 1 on their facebook page when the second season starts and they will not answer.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep on asking Sky 1 on their facebook page when the second season starts and they will not answer.

They aired season one about a year after the US, so maybe we’ve got to wait until the end of this year for season two.
    I’m really glad this has been renewed for a third season in the US as it was looking questionable. It’s one of my favourite sitcoms of the last few years, traditional but well executed, and Tim Allen is great in it.
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a great lighthearted traditional comedy, (like an updated Home Improvement) and I watched it on catchup over a few weeks.......

Will be a shame if Sky don't show the next series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geektown are reporting that season 2 is due to air on Sky 1 in October.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season two starts on Thursday 30th January at 3pm on Sky 1.

I thought, and was hoping, that since Sky 1 no longer have The Middle that Last Man Stranding might get promoted from its early evening slot to prime time for its second season, but it appears to have gone the other way it being moved to weekday afternoons! Shame, because I think it’s a really good ‘traditional’ sitcom. Anyway, season two starts on Thursday 30th January at 3pm with a double bill and continues every weekday in the same way. One for the Sky+ series link I think.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/01/sky1-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-last-man-standing-season-2/
  • Options
    LeeleeSTARLeeleeSTAR Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »

I thought, and was hoping, that since Sky 1 no longer have The Middle that Last Man Stranding might get promoted from its early evening slot to prime time for its second season, but it appears to have gone the other way it being moved to weekday afternoons! Shame, because I think it’s a really good ‘traditional’ sitcom. Anyway, season two starts on Thursday 30th January at 3pm with a double bill and continues every weekday in the same way. One for the Sky+ series link I think.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/01/sky1-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-last-man-standing-season-2/

Yeah I agree. At least they are showing it.

It's strange that they never even attempted to show it in a later slot seen as they already paid for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LeeleeSTAR wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. At least they are showing it.

It's strange that they never even attempted to show it in a later slot seen as they already paid for it.

I agree, I’m just happy we finally get to see season two. I’m not holding out much hope in seeing season three though unless they get it on the cheap or as part of a bundle package of rights.

I always thought it would do well alongside The Middle, Modern Family and Raising Hope. And its already got a well know established actor in the lead role which would help it initially attract viewers. Anyway, I’m looking forward to season two next week.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do have to wonder about the schedulers at times. OK, this isn't a great sitcom but its decent enough and would be better served in The Middle's time slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone been watching? They've really upped their game this season, trouncing the likes of Big Bang IMO.
  • Options
    systemcvsystemcv Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what was so controversial in S2E3 that Sky didn't show it?

It didn't appear in the Sky 1 schedule at all, and although it was twice scheduled on Sky 2 it was replaced with a football related program at the last minute (both times).

S2E7 and S2E10 were also not shown on Sky 1, but E7 was shown yesterday on Sky 2 (I presume as I haven't watched the recording yet) and E10 should be on Sky 2 on Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    systemcv wrote: »

It didn't appear in the Sky 1 schedule at all, and although it was twice scheduled on Sky 2 it was replaced with a football related program at the last minute (both times).

S2E7 and S2E10 were also not shown on Sky 1, but E7 was shown yesterday on Sky 2 (I presume as I haven't watched the recording yet) and E10 should be on Sky 2 on Friday.

Yes, Sky made a right mess of scheduling this, even if you can forgive them for putting it on at 3pm.
    I’m not sure what the subject of S2E3 was but I too noticed it wasn’t aired on Sky 1 or Sky 2. I’ve added S2E7 and S2E10 in the Sky 2 run to my planner as these were also skipped in the Sky 1 run, will have to wait and see if they actually get aired.

It’s really annoying as because they are daytime airings I don’t know whether Sky are skipping episodes or of my planner is failing to record them!

As for the programme itself, I’ve only watched the first few episodes of this season but I’m still really enjoying it. Tim Allen is great in it, even if it is just a modern day twist on Home Improvement. The fact that it was hidden away in the afternoon by Sky is a real shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    systemcv wrote: »

S2E7 and S2E10 were also not shown on Sky 1, but E7 was shown yesterday on Sky 2
    Can't see anything truly controversial in the synopsis for S2E3 - (from Wiki)"Vanessa invites Carol and Chuck Larabee, an African-American couple, over for drinks after their car is egged. Mike expresses discomfort over them visiting – not because they are black, but simply because they are neighbors."
    Its an ABC show, so its not like its going to be "Love Thy Neighbour" territory.

E7 is a Christmas one, so I can understand them skipping it, and E10 has "illegal immigrant" subplot which is hardly controversial (for a sitcom).

As for the programme itself, I’ve only watched the first few episodes of this season but I’m still really enjoying it. Tim Allen is great in it, even if it is just a modern day twist on Home Improvement.
    I loved the little nod to Home Improvement when Richard Karn guested. "Hows the wife and three boys?" :D

The fact that it was hidden away in the afternoon by Sky is a real shame.
    Indeed. Its worthy of a far better slot. It should be the lead-in to Modern Family when that starts, not in the daytime 'filler' slot.

Its a very underrated sitcom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should be the lead-in to Modern Family when that starts, not in the daytime 'filler' slot.

Its a very underrated sitcom.

Which is what i thought might happen now that Sky One don't have the rights to The Middle, but clearly not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't really get my head around why they haven't put it with Modern Family. Its not like they can't fit it in, they've got three repeats of The Simpsons before S5 of Modern Family.

And its a double bill of Family as well, if they can't even treat their flagship comedy import with respect, so there's no hope for Last Man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well they sneaked that on..........and its only been on two weeks,

are they showing it every weekday??

Seems to already be on S2, Ep 8 onwards on Sky2 ........

Can't catch up on the first 7 episodes either

Shame, because it was easy watching light hearted entertainment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they sneaked that on..........and its only been on two weeks,

are they showing it every weekday??

Seems to already be on S2, Ep 8 onwards on Sky2 ........

Can't catch up on the first 7 episodes either

Shame, because it was easy watching light hearted entertainment

The aired all 18 episodes (well they missed 3 for no obvious reason) of season two in double bills every weekday at 3pm on Sky 1 over the last couple of weeks. Its now finished.
    What you’re watching on Sky 2 are repeats, which are running about a week behind the Sky 1 broadcasts I think.

As for further repeats, there’s nothing planned as far as I can see but they’ll probably to a repeat run sometime in the near future, like they did with season one.

I’m not holding my breath on them showing season three given how they’ve hidden and rushed through this season, unless they are getting the rights as some part of bigger package deal.
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The aired all 18 episodes (well they missed 3 for no obvious reason) of season two in double bills every weekday at 3pm on Sky 1 over the last couple of weeks. Its now finished.
    What you’re watching on Sky 2 are repeats, which are running about a week behind the Sky 1 broadcasts I think.

As for further repeats, there’s nothing planned as far as I can see but they’ll probably to a repeat run sometime in the near future, like they did with season one.

I’m not holding my breath on them showing season three given how they’ve hidden and rushed through this season, unless they are getting the rights as some part of bigger package deal.

BIB Maybe it came as part of the Modern Family deal since they're both ABC, would make sense, otherwise it seems odd if they specifically bought Last Man Standing only to throw it around the schedule as daytime filler.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a shame, I was hoping they'd go straight into S3.

It's becoming clearer by the day that stupidity rules in Sky One's programming offices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers, I will just catch as many as I can on Sky 2, series linked

Shame they barely advertised this show, if at all....Was ideal for a 5pm/6pm slot.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    BIB Maybe it came as part of the Modern Family deal since they're both ABC, would make sense, otherwise it seems odd if they specifically bought Last Man Standing only to throw it around the schedule as daytime filler.

Both Last Man Standing and Modern Family are distributed by 20th Century Fox (which obviously has connections to Sky anyway), as is Raising Hope. Interestingly Sky 1’s other sitcom, The Middle, is distributed by Warner Bros and that’s the one they no longer show. So, yes, my thinking is that Sky 1 acquired Last Man Standing, Modern Family and probably Raising Hope as one rights deal.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet Sky seem incapable of showing Raising Hope. By the time they show it we will be two full seasons behind, maybe even the US started the season after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the scene with Mike (Tim) and John (Randy). And finally a mention of "more power" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This appeared out of no where, but season 3 has now started on Sky One.

The scheduling seems a bit bizarre, but it looks like new episodes air Saturdays at 4pm and 4:30pm, Sundays at 3pm and Monday mornings at 3am(!). That might be the EPG getting in wrong though, so it’s probably best to series link it and hope that picks up the new episodes.

If (like me!) you missed the start of the new series there are repeats this Friday morning at 4am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Its annoying when they just start airing shows without even a little promotion.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    My Tivo SL picked it up nicely :D

I do wish they'd put it in prime-time though. If for no other reason than they wouldn't then have to edit out the best jokes.

"It was a hoe-down"
    "Well they're certainly down a ho since you left."

PMSL :)