Football Commentators Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Tony YeboahTony Yeboah Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I'd guess at Tyler and Smith on Newcastle Vs Arsenal, Hawthorne and Quinn on Tottenham Vs Sunderland, Neville in the studio and Parry at Wembley.

Martin Tyler has confirmed in his column that he will be at Newcastle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOSG wrote: »
    Personally? Or as a Presenter?

both.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught up with ITV4's latest Bundesliga highlights show earlier; what was notable was that they used six different commentators for the nine matches. Usually they only have three commentators doing three games each.

They used regulars Joe Speight (who commentated on Bayern Munchen v Augsburg and voiced VfL Wolfsburg v Borussia Dortmund and Mainz v Borussia Monchengladbach), Ben Andrews (Hoffenheim v Hamburg and voiced Bayer Leverkusen v Hannover 96) and Joe Blake-Turner (Schalke 04 v VfB Stuttgart) plus Seb Hutchinson (Werder Bremen v Eintracht Frankfurt), Mark Scott (Fortuna Dusseldorf v Nurnberg) and Tim Peters (Greuther Furth v SC Freiburg). Isabella Muller-Reinhardt did the show's links from Bayern's Bundesliga title parade.
  • Steve1977Steve1977 Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, not a massive fan of mr jones!! will let you know if i hear anything about next season.

Do you work at Sky Hallrose? If so, could you please ask Dave Jones to stop talking as if everything's scripted. Can't believe he's like that in real life but he's so wooden. Very cold presenting style...a bit like the acting in the Star Wars prequels
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for seeing a revamp of MOTD but then I read that they'd offered Phil Neville a 3 year contract on the show. I always thought the Neville brothers were pretty annoying and if he hadn't played for Man U Phil Neville would have just been another journeyman player. Say what you like about Hansen, Lawrenson and Shearer but they were top class.

I can't really think of any younger players who could ideally come in and replace them, there really don't seem to be many suitable ones around at the moment. Whatever you think of Andy Gray, he was good at his job.
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tv3 in ire
    chelsea v benfica
    tommy martin presents
    pundits brian kerr and kevin kilbane
    commentators mark lawrenson and trevor welch
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday 15th May - ITV

UEFA Europa League Final Live: Benfica v Chelsea

Matt Smith presenting from a pitchside studio at the Amsterdam ArenA alongside Roy Keane, Lee Dixon and Gareth Southgate

Commentators: Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend

Reporter: Ned Boulting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve1977 wrote: »
    Do you work at Sky Hallrose? If so, could you please ask Dave Jones to stop talking as if everything's scripted. Can't believe he's like that in real life but he's so wooden. Very cold presenting style...a bit like the acting in the Star Wars prequels

thats pretty much how he is in real life..i try not to talk to him if i can help it
  • HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Benfica v Chelsea

Al Jazeera Sport +3 - Richard Keys with Alan Curbishley & Ray Houghton.

Commentary - Peter Drury & Andy Gray

World Feed - Phil Blacker
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats pretty much how he is in real life..i try not to talk to him if i can help it

I've always enjoyed your insight but I think criticising colleagues on here, especially personally is uncalled for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    I've always enjoyed your insight but I think criticising colleagues on here, especially personally is uncalled for.

thats true. i wont be saying anything more about him.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are ITV using Portuguese pictures this evening or are Benfica's livelier supporters/managers/bench just more interesting?
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Are ITV using Portuguese pictures this evening or are Benfica's livelier supporters/managers/bench just more interesting?

dutch tv coverage can't blame itv for almost missing the torres goal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftakeith wrote: »
    dutch tv coverage can't blame itv for almost missing the torres goal

It's a shame this Dutch director is ruining ITV's usual fantastically high standard of coverage
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ITV coverage is ruddy awful... Clive...Andy and dodgy camerawork.

I've muted about 15 mins ago, have they apologised for the god awful nature of the camera work?

Surely ITV and other broadcasters must have enough influence to ensure UEFA pick a decent host broadcaster?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've muted about 15 mins ago, have they apologised for the god awful nature of the camera work?

Surely ITV and other broadcasters must have enough influence to ensure UEFA pick a decent host broadcaster?

I guess it depends on how favourable the terms the Amsterdam bid offered UEFA.

I like the added mystery. Cut to a fan and then someone hits the post or gets a yellow!
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They have apologised and blamed it on the Dutch host broadcaster. That hasn't prevented a torrent of abuse on Twitter against ITV for "missing" the Torres goal though.
  • stevebluejaystevebluejay Posts: 3,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SouthCity wrote: »
    They have apologised and blamed it on the Dutch host broadcaster. That hasn't prevented a torrent of abuse on Twitter against ITV for "missing" the Torres goal though.

I watched it on RTL 7 on Dutch TV on the broadcast was fine, never missed anything including the Torres goal.

Maybe ITV were taking a world feed?

I watched it on RTL 7 as it was preferable than listening to Clive and Andy on ITV :D
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Tyldesley also managed to fit in a dig at Geoff Shreeves, mentioning the incident after last years CL semi-final when Shreeves broke the news to Ivanovic that he was suspended for the final. Shreeves was referred to as "a television reporter" :D.
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Posts: 5,238
    Forum Member
    I watched it on RTL 7 on Dutch TV on the broadcast was fine, never missed anything including the Torres goal.

Maybe ITV were taking a world feed?

I watched it on RTL 7 as it was preferable than listening to Clive and Andy on ITV :D

ITV didn't miss the Torres goal as such, it was just that the HB didn't come out of the replay until quite late on in the move. Still saw the goal though.
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think that's a bit unfair. Many a person in the media has received 'personal' criticism on hear; at least hallrose has met the bloke!
  • Steve1977Steve1977 Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yeah, what happens in the work place should stay in the workplace...unless you're Andy Gray and yay, let's show some footage out of context.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve1977 wrote: »
    yeah, what happens in the work place should stay in the workplace...unless you're Andy Gray and yay, let's show some footage out of context.

Get over it, I'm sure he has.
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyler, Quinn and Neville will all be on the Footballers Football Show this Thursday

Do you have a source for this?
This discussion has been closed.