LoveFilm are getting on my t*ts

1434445464749»

Comments

• DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Have been with them for 2 years- 95% of the time get the top choice, excellent delivery too.
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ickabod wrote: »
    As a customer with Lovefilm/Amazon for the past 3 years I have been very happy with excellent service I was getting, the past few weeks have been a nightmare though!, posting discs back on Mon & not being returned til Friday, as a one off I could accept their explanation it was Royal Mails fault, but not for 3 weeks + having other friends that subscribe, they are suffering the same problem... as a test I will send a couple of discs in the same envelope as a friend who is on a free trial (who isnt having a problem with Lovefilm turnaround times) & I'll pay & send a couple back recorded delivery so I know for sure when they did actually receive them, as I have an unlimited package I honestly beleive they are throttling the amount of discs I get

... & to make it worse I cant even cancel, because I had no complaints about their service I took advantage last year of their pay up front & am now paid up for the next 7 years:eek:

Who knows how we'll be watching films in 2017 :eek: ( I know how you will be :D )
  • ickabodickabod Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruddiger wrote: »
    Who knows how we'll be watching films in 2017 :eek: ( I know how you will be :D )

The future of movie watching is DVD, trust me, LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no complaints over the speed of Lovefilm and i always get the DVD's the day after they recieve them from me which seems to be the day after i send them.

However, the quality of the dvd's is shocking and i have to keep sending them back as faulty. The latest film, i complained about and a replacement was sent which is also unwatchable.

Keep meaning to tell them where to poke it!
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have previously had a good service from Love Film, I have an ulimited package and get lots of DVDS. However I have not received ANY disks from them in the last three weeks. Obviously I have reported them missing after the usual four days and they have issued further disks, but again not received. I am in correspondence with their customer services but it is the usual "we are sorry ... blah blah blah". I can only think some kind of scam has begun (not within Love Film) has anyone else had problems?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    I have previously had a good service from Love Film, I have an ulimited package and get lots of DVDS. However I have not received ANY disks from them in the last three weeks. Obviously I have reported them missing after the usual four days and they have issued further disks, but again not received. I am in correspondence with their customer services but it is the usual "we are sorry ... blah blah blah". I can only think some kind of scam has begun (not within Love Film) has anyone else had problems?

Maybe a dishonest postman?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a dishonest postman?

I'm thinking that, hopefully not. Have had this service for some years and aside from the odd one going astray things have been fine. Is there an alternative supplier for DVD rentals? It's pretty obvious new customers get better service.
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking that, hopefully not. Have had this service for some years and aside from the odd one going astray things have been fine. Is there an alternative supplier for DVD rentals? It's pretty obvious new customers get better service.

At Christmas time, I ditched LF for Blockbuster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At Christmas time, I ditched LF for Blockbuster.

What do you think, reliable, fast, better? Thanks. V
  • justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used Blockbuster's £1 two week trial a few weeks ago. Very slow turnaround times and unplayable Blu-ray discs. I only managed to get 3 discs out of them during the 2 week period despite watching the discs on the day they arrived and sending them back the next day.

Also, when you get a faulty disc and send it back, they eventually send you a replacement, but won't send you anything else from your rental list in the meantime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used Blockbuster's £1 two week trial a few weeks ago. Very slow turnaround times and unplayable Blu-ray discs. I only managed to get 3 discs out of them during the 2 week period despite watching the discs on the day they arrived and sending them back the next day.

Also, when you get a faulty disc and send it back, they eventually send you a replacement, but won't send you anything else from your rental list in the meantime.

Thanks for that, that's helpful. I was thinking of giving them a try, I may invest a £1 and see how it goes. So annoying with Love Film they were great up to about three weeks now nothing is arriving. Someone is pinching them somewhere along the line. Pees me right off, I'm not a young person, I spend a lot of time at home and I love my DVDs.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    LoveFilm are doing free streams of certain films during the World Cup. There is a pretty decent selection on offer.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too have noticed that there has been a slowdown in Lovefilm sending out disks, I sent ones back on the Monday, but did not receive new ones till the Friday. Also, I still don't get any of the titles on the top of my list sent out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    I too have noticed that there has been a slowdown in Lovefilm sending out disks, I sent ones back on the Monday, but did not receive new ones till the Friday. Also, I still don't get any of the titles on the top of my list sent out.

I can live with not receiving the disks at the top of my list, my disks are not arriving at all. Disks despatched on 15 June have still not arrived. I recently changed to an unlimited package and my troubles started then. In correspondence Love Film totally deny they have a separate postage system for heavy users: does anyone know differently?
    Forum Member
    What do you think, reliable, fast, better? Thanks. V

They get here quickly and no throttling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They get here quickly and no throttling.

Thanks, I'll give them a try.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    I sent back two discs in the same envelope to them, a padded one about a week ago. They only seem to have accounted for one of them. What if they don't believe I don't still have the other one when I ring tomorrow? I want to cancel my account anyways and this is just hassle.
  • RolnikovRolnikov Posts: 967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why ring? Just fill in the web form.