Star Wars The Force Awakens - Tell us your Reviews of the film

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    When is this coming out on Blu-Ray in the UK? gotta pre-order it as I imagine it will be sold out everywhere.

There's no date yet. I can't imagine it being sold out, though, since it's not a limited edition like, say, the Hellraiser Scarlet Box Trilogy, which was a run of just 2000 boxsets,
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is this coming out on Blu-Ray in the UK? gotta pre-order it as I imagine it will be sold out everywhere.

I doubt it....would imagine it will be very easy to pick up on day of release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I doubt it....would imagine it will be very easy to pick up on day of release.

Reminds me many moons ago when WH Smiths were asking people to pay £1 to reserve the DVD of the first Harry Potter film. Imagine how many people end up buying it elsewhere and don't go back into the store to get it from there (regardless of whether this £1 was non-refundable) and so WH Smiths got plenty of pounds from that.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Reminds me many moons ago when WH Smiths were asking people to pay £1 to reserve the DVD of the first Harry Potter film. Imagine how many people end up buying it elsewhere and don't go back into the store to get it from there (regardless of whether this £1 was non-refundable) and so WH Smiths got plenty of pounds from that.

Unless you are in the middle of nowhere or it is a limited number edition...pre-ordering a title that is going to be mass released seems pretty pointless.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Unless you are in the middle of nowhere or it is a limited number edition...pre-ordering a title that is going to be mass released seems pretty pointless.

It can save you money sometimes, thanks to pre-order price guarantees such as Amazon's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    It can save you money sometimes, thanks to pre-order price guarantees such as Amazon's.

Their prices are fairly samey anyway. £9.99 for a new DVD, £14.99 for Blu-ray and another fiver for 3D (sometimes just 3 quid extra). At the moment Pride & Prejudice & Zombies is listed at £18.25, or thereabouts, on DVD, as a pre-order. It's obvious that'll drop to a tenner come the release date.

It's been a long time since I've bought anything new on release, though. I tend to wait about 3 months until the price drops.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    There's no date yet. I can't imagine it being sold out, though, since it's not a limited edition like, say, the Hellraiser Scarlet Box Trilogy, which was a run of just 2000 boxsets,

I'm pretty sure the steelbook version will be limited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the steelbook version will be limited.

Yes, if you're fussed about that sort of thing, but what are they actually made of?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I saw a Maz Kanata statue in The Phantom Menace when I stumbled across Sky showing it last night....

Anyone else seen this?
  • Options
    PyRoMaNiAcPyRoMaNiAc Posts: 417
    Forum Member

Monday!!:cool::D;-)
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I saw a Maz Kanata statue in The Phantom Menace when I stumbled across Sky showing it last night....

Anyone else seen this?
    IF you do enough reading and digging around you then apparently Maz has been featured in one way or another in ALL 7 movies, we just didn't know it at the time
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    IF you do enough reading and digging around you then apparently Maz has been featured in one way or another in ALL 7 movies, we just didn't know it at the time

I'm sure they got the name Maz Kanata from the song Mas Que Nada - perhaps someone should do a 'Weird Al' version - https://youtu.be/zeBDoNBNMro?t=11s :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looks like I'm not the only one to spot this; http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/images/original/96981.jpg