The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAVT0RoL_68&feature=relmfu - How can this girl be so hated? Where did it all go wrong? So sad :(

I don't know. But its england, and it doesn't take much. You saw the whole Misha B thing. Also alex is a black female, so there will be less tolerance to her personality (compared to cheryl or others).if she'd gone global the haters would have no power. But since she hasn't gone anywhere, the ball is in their court, and the numbers are mounting :(
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all very well having Tweam Burke...they are fantastic, however, everyone tweeting Graham Norton or Johnathan Ross won't work...the reason being that they know it's just a group of Alex fans bombarding them. It's not like they're receiving tweets throughout the day from people requesting that Alex be on the show...tweamers do it for a few hours and that's it. It was the same when people were tweeting to get her on BGT...it only lasted a few hours. The producers aren't stupid and can tell the difference between a genuine want for Alex to be on the show, and a group of fans just bombarding them. I mean look at the MOBO Awards...they tweeted asking who people want to see perform this year and Alex fans tweeted hard for an hour...so much that MOBO even tweeted about it. That was a really good sign, but instead of continuing to tweet, everyone just stopped. I really don't know what to suggest. The album is going to flop though, there's no doubt about it. There's no momentum, no buzz, nothing.
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of saying its gonna flop thn let's get on and promo I say …

1) Go to as many different forums and websites as you can and post.
    2) Tweeting celebs, the management, tv shows, could help! Look at what happened when we wanted her at the MJ tribute show
    3) Facebook, YouTube, tumblr etc. are HUGE and this is how things go Viral! Help get it known and people to see that it's out there
    4)Buy as many albums and singles as you can if it charts or its seen in the itunes chartpeople may buy it, it is already the number 1 music pre-order for HMV on the week of release
    5) Requesting on Radio and Music Channels is important as this is how people will come across the song in the most obvious way without wanting to see it -
    (http://tweamburke.net/index.php/2012/05/12/alexs-up-coming-tv-appearences-television-request-contacts/)

Let's Just Stick together, Beasties aren't gonna go down without a fight

Let Go of the negativity and arguing and lets just go with the promo and make people know about it.
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    Jermaine Defoe has cheated on Alex again, she has dumped him -The Sun website

*round of applause for Alex's common sense* What doesn't kill you makes you stronger indeed :)
    Forum Member
    Instead of saying its gonna flop thn let's get on and promo I say …

1) Go to as many different forums and websites as you can and post.
    2) Tweeting celebs, the management, tv shows, could help! Look at what happened when we wanted her at the MJ tribute show
    3) Facebook, YouTube, tumblr etc. are HUGE and this is how things go Viral! Help get it known and people to see that it's out there
    4)Buy as many albums and singles as you can if it charts or its seen in the itunes chartpeople may buy it, it is already the number 1 music pre-order for HMV on the week of release
    5) Requesting on Radio and Music Channels is important as this is how people will come across the song in the most obvious way without wanting to see it -
    (http://tweamburke.net/index.php/2012/05/12/alexs-up-coming-tv-appearences-television-request-contacts/)

Let's Just Stick together, Beasties aren't gonna go down without a fight

Let Go of the negativity and arguing and lets just go with the promo and make people know about it.

Very true!! :) And we shall. It can be done, but it has to be all the time.
    Forum Member
    She's on Friday Download? Oh my. I laughed when Pixie Lott stooped this low when she appeared on it, now Alex?

Its promo for teens and kids. Millions of them watch it.makes sense.
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rolling 7-Day Chart

Radio
    104 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Label: RCA
    Plays: 890
    Impacts: 7.82m
    LW Position: 161
    (This should be top 100 tomorrow :))

TV
    31 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Label: RCA
    Plays: 221
    LW Position: 23
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I'm just glad Alex has dumped that horrible man...hopefully she will be able to heal in time...must be such a crappy time for her with HOH going haywire and then this...How could defoe be so insnsitive? sigh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I woke up to this news. I am so happy but obviously sad for Alex but we knew it would happen eventually. Oh and this girl he's cheated with.. :eek::eek::eek::eek: she is.. not what I was expecting lmao.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Jermaine Defoe has cheated on Alex again, she has dumped him -The Sun website

What a douchebag! He can go fck himself, can't believe any man would cheat, that's the lowest someone can go

Edit; now i've seen the girl I doubt it's true tbh.
    What man with common sense would cheat on Alex with that pig? I'm sorry for my words but seriously? I bet that girl will just take everything she possibly can get, and if that means ****ing up a relationship, than it's a pitty but i doubt she'd care
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a douchebag! He can go fck himself, can't believe any man would cheat, that's the lowest someone can go

Edit; now i've seen the girl I doubt it's true tbh.
    What man with common sense would cheat on Alex with that pig? I'm sorry for my words but seriously? I bet that girl will just take everything she possibly can get, and if that means ****ing up a relationship, than it's a pitty but i doubt she'd care

I think it's true. If a source from Alex's side have said something, and her tweets last night seemed quite, depressing. Also this woman has gone to quite some lengths to explain what happened even saying that he asked her to smell milk. lmao. I hope it's true, just because Alex needs to get as far away from him as possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    I can see tonight doing well in Europe! Well based on the demo
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think it's true. If a source from Alex's side have said something, and her tweets last night seemed quite, depressing. Also this woman has gone to quite some lengths to explain what happened even saying that he asked her to smell milk. lmao. I hope it's true, just because Alex needs to get as far away from him as possible.

:eek::eek::eek:

All this negative press :(:sleep:
    Forum Member

I've read them now too, they sound depressed. I hope Alex can overcome this before the Album launch
    Different wrote: »
    I can see tonight doing well in Europe! Well based on the demo

I think so too, but i've said that about Elephant too and that didn';t quite work out
    Forum Member
    who is X Energy Italy? Have they signed alex?

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/453094-01.htm?highlight=ALEXANDRA
    Forum Member

that's weird
    Forum Member

Yeah it is odd.
    Forum Member
    So no one knows them?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suspect that she's releasing on all these minor labels because she no longer has the European deal she did with Syco.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I suspect that she's releasing on all these minor labels because she no longer has the European deal she did with Syco.

Just noticed, it's released undr Sublimal Records in Holland too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lawson's EP is no. 120 on iTunes album chart.. Let It Go is nowhere to be seen in the top 200. She definitely won't be having no.1. But I think we already established that with the poor promo slots. I am very disappointed and worried.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lawson's EP is no. 120 on iTunes album chart.. Let It Go is nowhere to be seen in the top 200. She definitely won't be having no.1. But I think we already established that with the poor promo slots. I am very disappointed and worried.

I'm depressed in general for Alex. If she goes under I'll have no-one else to stan for but Leona, and her wait for material is painful as it is...:(
    Forum Member
    I'm depressed in general for Alex. If she goes under I'll have no-one else to stan for but Leona, and her wait for material is painful as it is...:(

she won't be dropped
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she won't be dropped

I didn't say that. But I don't want to see her demoted to a zeleb either.

I think we should try and get TGJ Sam to spill this 'big news' he was informed of about the album because it obviously hasn't materialised...
    Forum Member
    I didn't say that. But I don't want to see her demoted to a zeleb either.

I think we should try and get TGJ Sam to spill this 'big news' he was informed of about the album because it obviously hasn't materialised...

what do you mean with "If She Goes Under" then?
This discussion has been closed.