Star Wars VII - Who is Rey?

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw TFA three times in the cinema and.....well, isn't it kinda obvious that Rey is related to Luke? When Maz Kanata says that the people she's waiting for won't come back........except one.......which Rey says is "Luke!". Also, Kylo Ren was EXTREMELY agitated when one of his minions mentioned 'there was a girl...".
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely Lukes daughter. Or a reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker, that'd be pretty cool.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ambari wrote: »

I'm bored of wondering who it is now but with all the speculation over Rey's parents still happening I'm hoping it will be revealed by the end of the of the 9th episode and it's not left unanswered.
  • PerfectMarkPerfectMark Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    ambari wrote: »
    JJ has been known to be very misleading when it comes to the twists in his movies/shows, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what he says.

I personally think she is Luke's daughter (although it is possible he never knew about her) or Anakin's mother had more children and Rey is descended from one of them.
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    I always just saw her as Luke's daughter. Kylo did prevent her from being killed by the Knights of Ren (it's part of the flashback when she picks up the lightsaber). Kylo takes her to Jakku (hence why he's so wary when he hears about her). Luke believed she was killed with the rest of the Jedi, blames himself and disappears. That's how I see it anyways.
  • ambariambari Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    The story is about the Skywalkers, and for me, Rey has to be a Skywalker. I suspect she is the daughter of Leia - but Han Solo is not the father! She may have been conceived by the force!
  • playdeadplaydead Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    edited 16/09/17 - 11:14 #86
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    I'm bored of wondering who it is now but with all the speculation over Rey's parents still happening I'm hoping it will be revealed by the end of the of the 9th episode and it's not left unanswered.

Don't count on it now that Abrams is writing and directing.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    playdead wrote: »

They've ditched 4 directors, Gareth Edwards, Lord & Millar and Colin Trevorrow, presumably all for wanting to go too far from the formula. For better or worse, nostalgia is a major selling point of these movies.

Would be the most surprising twist in movie history if Rey isn't Luke's daughter, in my 'umble opinion anyhoo.
  • WackjobWackjob Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    playdead wrote: »

They've ditched 4 directors, Gareth Edwards, Lord & Millar and Colin Trevorrow, presumably all for wanting to go too far from the formula. For better or worse, nostalgia is a major selling point of these movies.

Would be the most surprising twist in movie history if Rey isn't Luke's daughter, in my 'umble opinion anyhoo.

They didn't really ditch Gareth Edwards, it was still his movie, just with reshoots to make it more exciting. The Lego Movie directors were, by all accounts, going off script and trying to make the Han Solo movie more of a comedy (granted, if Lucasfilm didn't want that, you've got to wonder why they hired them in the first place...). As for Colin Trevorrow... after that recent movie he made, the Book of Henry, there was no way they were ever going to keep him for Episode 9. Book of Henry is a terrible, terrible film....!!