Options

David Heane's 'High School Days'

*~TeePee~**~TeePee~* Posts: 2,235
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does or has anyone listened to this show, across the Real network?

Seems it is getting the chop. Utterly saddened, I've listened to it for years, such amazing music, and he as a presenter is very knowledgeable and endearing. Easily the worst thing about the Heart transition for me.

I hope he gets a show elsewhere - Absolute 80s would be ideal - but we'll see. Seems an awful waste!

Comments

• Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swap with Leona Graham as she's been doing Planet Rock this week?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    blue revolution or another company should take him on a produce a weekly 3 hour show . i think it would be good seller especially in the international market
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    in my ears wrote: »
    blue revolution or another company should take him on a produce a weekly 3 hour show . i think it would be good seller especially in the international market

There already are 80's and retro shows available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Station ID wrote: »
    There already are 80's and retro shows available.

i know there are but it is a good format with a good presenter
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He could do a new breakfast show on Absolute 80s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know there are but it is a good format with a good presenter

It has good presenters Kim Wilde, Gary King and Pat Sharp etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could do a new breakfast show on Absolute 80s.

Oh that'd be ideal, if only Absolute would part with the idea of OC dominating all of them. Failing that, he'd suit a Friday night request show there. Either way, seems a shame to end HSD like this :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I like the HSD and I think it's good compared to other 80s shows due to the music played on the show and his knowledge of 80s music. I am sure he will turn up somewhere soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    There are far too many 80's styled programmes being churned out and most of them are pretty naff as its the same cliche crap being played.

Maybe the bloke named could always go onto Hospital radio, I'm sure they'll want an 80's show being churned out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    It has good presenters Kim Wilde, Gary King and Pat Sharp etc.

where can you hear 80s shows presented by kim wilde and pat sharp ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where can you hear 80s shows presented by kim wilde and pat sharp ?

Gary King does Totally 80s and 90s shows and Pat Sharp does Weekend Vibe. Mike Brown Soul Weekender. Various stations take them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gary King does Totally 80s and 90s shows... Various stations take them.

Maybe UKRD could take on High School Days, of course the format of the show would have to be revamped and churn that out between 7-10pm on a Thursday. They could also taken on Dave Pearce Anthems along with This Is Graeme Park and Andi Durrant's Electrik Playground on Saturday's.

It'd sort out the early automation from 7pm though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gary King does Totally 80s and 90s shows and Pat Sharp does Weekend Vibe. Mike Brown Soul Weekender. Various stations take them.

weekend vibe isnt an eighties show
  • Options
    MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe UKRD could take on High School Days, of course the format of the show would have to be revamped and churn that out between 7-10pm on a Thursday. They could also taken on Dave Pearce Anthems along with This Is Graeme Park and Andi Durrant's Electrik Playground on Saturday's.

It'd sort out the early automation from 7pm though.

High School Days produced by ThisIsDistorted? Does David have Contact with Scott Myers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Failing another station, David Heane may move his show online.
  • Options
    leddersledders Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been announced that he is leaving? I still think he is going to end up on one of the heart stations somewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Failing another station, David Heane may move his show online.

If he did, it would be limited to two hours as Soundcloud only allows up to two hours for a show, not sure about Mixcloud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is better then no show at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is better then no show at all.

True.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ledders wrote: »
    Has it been announced that he is leaving? I still think he is going to end up on one of the heart stations somewhere.

No confirmation either way, but as Heart already have a graveyard slot 80s show, there may not be room for him or his. Would like to see it happen though...
    Moving it online wouldn't be too bad, as long as he's somewhere!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    David may be an anorak favourite, but in the real world he's not a big name.

If he was doing something compelling I'm sure Global would have snapped him up. As far as I'm aware, he won't be on the new Heart stations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think probably he could have gone on Gardening leave until his contract ends, but decided to stay as there wasn't anyone else to cover? I can't see him off the airwaves for long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain what is so good about High School Dayz? It sounds to me like a retro show like most others. A bit like School Dayz on Century.

David is a good presenter but there's no shortage of those afound at the moment but what is special about him or his show?
  • Options
    dlmccabedlmccabe Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Can someone explain what is so good about High School Dayz? It sounds to me like a retro show like most others. A bit like School Dayz on Century.

David is a good presenter but there's no shortage of those afound at the moment but what is special about him or his show?

School Dayz on Century was presented by David Heane and morphed into High School Days when GMG bough the station from GCap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dlmccabe wrote: »
    School Dayz on Century was presented by David Heane and morphed into High School Days when GMG bough the station from GCap.

I know