Options

Sony Bravia KDL-32U2000U

Does anyone have one and is it any good?

Comments

• Options
    Gazza_Gazza_ Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stato77 wrote: »
    Does anyone have one and is it any good?

I was asking the same question in the gaming threads,as in is it any good with the playstation 3.

Anyone?
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,589
    Forum Member
    They are OK, but bear in mind it's the bottom of the Sony range, and uses a Samsung panel, rather than an S-LCD one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old, basic, ugly...

There's much better available for the moey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly_Man wrote: »
    Old, basic, ugly...

There's much better available for the moey.

Can you name some with links if possible.
    I have a budget of £500 or up to £600 at a push.
  • Options
    joydenjoyden Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    re Nigel Goodwin's answer, pardon my ignorance but what does S-LCD mean and why is it better than Samsung. Where do you find these facts and what are the best screens ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joyden wrote: »
    re Nigel Goodwin's answer, pardon my ignorance but what does S-LCD mean and why is it better than Samsung. Where do you find these facts and what are the best screens ?

Nigel is a Sony service agent, he knows his stuff.

Samsung panels aren't as good as S-LCD (a joint venture between Sony and Samsung).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gazza_ wrote: »
    Can you name some with links if possible.
    I have a budget of £500 or up to £600 at a push.

Best budget 32" in my opinion is the Toshiba 32C3030DB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly_Man wrote: »
    Best budget 32" in my opinion is the Toshiba 32C3030DB.

Thanks Telly_Man
    I've noticed this hdtv is getting very good reviews,and the PlayStation 3 looks great according to people who have both.
    I'm going to buy ths from Amazon.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gazza_ wrote: »
    Thanks Telly_Man
    I've noticed this hdtv is getting very good reviews,and the PlayStation 3 looks great according to people who have both.
    I'm going to buy ths from Amazon.:)

Nice one.

Empire Direct had the best price last time i looked though, and if you're near one of their stores you can just pick it up!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just got one (the Sony Bravia KDL 32U2000U) from Play.com for £499 - and extremely pleased with it.

SD broadcasts using input DVB Tuner are good (much better than a STB that I tried plugged into it).

I also bought a Sony HDMI DVD Player, and using prog scan and HDMI connection, the pictures are stunning!!

Easily worth £499, and if you mainly watch SD progs like me, highly recommended.

There may be better TV for HD out there, but the ones I have seen have rubbish SD/Freeview quality. Most of us spend most time watching the latter, rather than the former, so, until HD is standard, quality of Freeview/Cable/Sky SD (i.e. the way a TV handles SD broadcasts) is of paramount importance.

The TV is also excellent at showing B/W films, both on Freeview and DVD. Am now re-watching my collection with added enjoyment!:)