Bloody adverts after every act

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    I Sky plussed it as I guessed there would be way too many adverts.
    I watched it all plus the results in around 50 minutes I think.
    :)

I did that too.:)
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a fancy Sky or V box (but I think I'll pick up a Freeview HD tomorrow as I feel left out, haha, and the quality of SD is terrible) but I've been cleaning up, baking, my husband even managed a shower in one ad break without missing anything - commercial TV is no good for sitting and staring at the screen. Multitask! :D
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind its the same with X Factor. The adverts were on nearly after every act and it did get on my nerves.
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's turning into American TV. Ads every 5 mins and you can't watch a film over there in comfort since it's interrupted so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Traynor wrote: »
    2 acts so far followed by adverts........

I start half an hour behind and fast forward the breaks on Sky +

By 9.00 i have just about caught up which basicaly means in a 90 minute show 30 minutes are breaks.:eek:
  • king_walnutking_walnut Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't OFCOM rule that in an hour there can be no more than 13 or 14 minutes of advertisements?

(In America it's 22 per hour)
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They might be annoying however, would you prefer to pay £100 a month for TV instead?
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    as previously stated they are annoying, but this show is one of itvs cash cows, so they are going to milk it for every penny they can, and probably need to

Agree with both. ITV needs the income:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is absolutely dreadful isn't it. I tend to watch something on another channel and switch back and forth keeping my eye on the clock. One ad break lasted 7 minutes.
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't OFCOM rule that in an hour there can be no more than 13 or 14 minutes of advertisements?

(In America it's 22 per hour)

Now I realise how far behind the times I've got.

What happened to 6 minutes of adverts an hour? When did that change.?

Watching TV in the US is an awful experience - you are watching adverts with a bit of programming slotted in.

But the oft-used phrase in TV (above) and now in Football too, that 'Its a business!', as if this explains everything and discounts any comment, completely misses the point that successful business is about customers and customer satisfaction.

Of course, no business is perfect, but really successful businesses give people/customers what they want, not what they don't want.

Commercial TV stations (and Football clubs) may be run as businesses, but that doesn't mean automatically that they are being run as good businesses.

So if people don't like apsects/features of any product/service, they should say so, not sit back, chided by the more supposedly aware, in the resigned realisation that there is nothing they can do about it, never mind the implied and implanted thought that 'they should have known this' all along.

I was only thinking last night that after a few years of this show, I feel like I could write the script of BGT around the 16 minutes (2 per act???) of actual performing.

Opening tiles - Ant and Dec voiceover - Ant and Dec - The Judges - Ant and Dec interview the judges - adverts - introduce the first clip of the first act - introduce the first act...................

I think that the best value entertainment these days is when Channnel 4 show stand up comedians doing their shows. Just wish they could cut ot the ads!!!

Sorry, I must remember how commercial TV works. What a silly boy I am. I'd forgotten that its a business.:D
  • kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Like everyone else, I Sky+ it too then catch up a little later thus fast forwarding the ads.

Same with results show - Sky+ that too so that I can go straight to the result!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind its the same with X Factor. The adverts were on nearly after every act and it did get on my nerves.

Its probably more noticeable with BGT because all the semis and the final are back to back so anyone watching has to put up with all these ads 6 nights in a row.

I think Dominos Pizza is going to be burned into my brain by the time Sunday comes :mad:.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always watch on catch-up, there aren't any ads then.
  • TraynorTraynor Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV must be clapping their hands with the advertising BGT has generated.