Is an S3 ok for my needs? advice please.

2»

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Step666 wrote: »
    Having gone from an S3 to an S4, I can say that the answer is a resounding yes.
    Battery life is better, the camera takes better photos, the phone is lightning fast, the screen is gorgeous and it's even better to hold in the hand. And that's before you get into things like the software differences, which also enhance the experience of using the handset.

That's far more subjective.
    But it doesn't change the fact that stating that the S4 is barely any better than the S3 is just wrong.

I wasn't posting in relation to the OP's needs.

I was having a mess with an S4 in Tesco today - and comparing it to my wifes S3 - I can see some differences but certainly no massive differences. The S3 itself as a great screen and is really fast and is nice in the hand...just can't see myself the S4 being a big difference in day to day use.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    The S3 itself as a great screen and is really fast and is nice in the hand...
    I'm not saying the S3 is bad in those respects but the S4 is noticeably better, especially if you've used both handsets properly (ie day-to-day).
  • biawhiskabiawhiska Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    I finally got my S3 this week and it's just PERFECT for what I need it for and better yet, bought it out right so no stupid contract :D
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found my battery life is way worse, but then again my S4's on 4G all the time and lasts a lot longer on 3G whereas the S3 was 3G only.

But the S3 was never a bad phone. I just didn't like the screen.
  • biawhiskabiawhiska Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    So far the battery life has been fine for me. I'm not a real heavy user etc...