PC Crashes When Using Forums

reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
Forum Member
Title says it all really. I am running Windows 7 64bit. If someone who replies feels it necessary I'll list my hardware. My PC freezes up when using forums. It doesnt happen so often on this forum although it used to be the case that typing a reply would freeze it but I have typed this with no problems. The forum that I get a guaranteed crash is IMDB in particular when I highlight text. That will always freeze although if I browse long enough it will freeze also.

This has been happening for a long time. If I look into event viewer it just says something like unscheduled restart.

Has anyone got any ideas what may be causing it because I really dont want to reinstall windows again.

I should also mention that I have recently installed windows, the crashes have been consistent from the beginning and I have all updates.

Thanks to anyone replying

Comments

• LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    If it is only happening on the internet, Have you tried a different browser ?
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    Does it blue screen?

If so, would you be able to note down the text in the middle of the screen and then post it here? That code tells us what is wrong with the computer.

Also why did you need to reinstall Windows again? The two problems could be related . . .
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    The was a time when IMDB would always Crash my Firefox browser and i heard the same from others on forums. it may even have crashed my pc as well.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Precise errors from the event viewer help more than "says something about restarts".

When a surgeon needs to decide whether to do a liver transplant and looks at the diagnosis information, he doesn't say it "says something about clots".

Details are important if you want to actually fix your technical problem! What happens when it crashes, does it blue screen, does it freeze etc..