Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

Comments

• teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go Compare is bad, but confused.com makes me want to chuck summat at the telly. That shouty, common voice is horrible and goes right through me. I'm sure it's one of the Nolan sisters.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulsh1 wrote: »
    The First Choice all inclusive advert.
    Not because it is bad or particularly annoying.In fact it is really well made.
    Its just the product they are advertising bears no resemblance to what you get.
    The part where he is going through airport security is hilarious! My experience is long queues and rude staff.

I have been on several first choice holidays and i can confirm that my experiences are nothing like that advert!

Now i have posted on here several times bbbbbuuuttt i really do like the aldi " i dont like tea i like gin" ad still makes me smile! This was the first one of those i saw and is the best.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also hate the Galaxy one with the two women pretending a movie is the ballet. It's just not funny, and Minstrels are not sophisticated.

I thought they were at a male strip show? :confused:

My local co-op is very good. (I won't say "with fud" :D).

And the co-op kindly replaced my rebate vouchers when I lost them, no questions asked, so I'm quite kindly disposed towards them. :)
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun on Sunday advert is annoying already typical Sun using what it would call it's loyal readers and the idiots will still buy it.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    n the Nature Valley Cereal Bars where the "Townies" fall into the farmer's field he says as he gathers them up into his trailer " Time to get you back to the " (what seems to be) "road and race"
    Am I hearing this correctly or does he say something different.
    I have seen this ad many times but can not make out what he says
    Rodent race (sorry, answered previously)

I always thought he was saying "Roland Race", as in Roland Rat/Rat Race! Must get me hearing checked!

xx
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The Sun on Sunday advert is annoying already typical Sun using what it would call it's loyal readers and the idiots will still buy it.

I've just seen the 'Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow' advert with people singing the song from Annie :D
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I buy The Sun regularly. Does that make me a bad person?
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Graham Norton show..:rolleyes:
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonga.com with the OAP puppets.
    "Sliders. That's how we roll here"
    What the hell does THAT mean ??
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I thought they were at a male strip show? :confused:

My local co-op is very good. (I won't say "with fud" :D).

And the co-op kindly replaced my rebate vouchers when I lost them, no questions asked, so I'm quite kindly disposed towards them. :)

They were/are. That goes better with the older "Sophisticated silliness" tagline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Halifax choir singing 'I believe I can fly' while there's a slo-mo of a dog jumping up and stopping a ball hitting a kitchen window, wtf?!
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »

Now i have posted on here several times bbbbbuuuttt i really do like the aldi " i dont like tea i like gin" ad still makes me smile! This was the first one of those i saw and is the best.

I like the 'What a great pair of pollocks' one
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the Sun adverts with that singing TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YOU :eek: arrgh it's so annoying!!!
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,363
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=sarahj1986;56776065

Now i have posted on here several times bbbbbuuuttt i really do like the aldi " i dont like tea i like gin" ad still makes me smile! This was the first one of those i saw and is the best.[/QUOTE]
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    I like the 'What a great pair of pollocks' one

Most Aldi ads make me laugh. I like the man in the tight dress one :D
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    If I hear that SAGA cruise advert with the really annoying trumpet music and the bloke singing how he's "a lucky so and so" one more time I shall die of rage. It's on every ad break..... More than once!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    I buy The Sun regularly. Does that make me a bad person?

No, I only read the Sun at the barbers, but I miss the NOTW, and shall buy the new version if it is as good.
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Coke zero because I don't get the point of the brand at all. We already have diet coke which in itself was kind of pointless.

Why is Diet Coke pointless?

By the way Coca Cola produced Coke Zero to compete with Pepsi Max (Pepsi already had diet Pepsi)

Pepsi Max was aimed at the male soft drinks market because at the time 'Diet Pepsi/Coke' was thought to appeal more to female consumers

You may recall the advertisements for Pepsi Max usually featured guys indulging in macho pursuits and
    'living life to the max'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I detest that new Head and Shoulders advert. The one where the foolish, foppish, bright-eyed **** and his over-excitable narrator celebrate the most banal, unnoteworthy and minor daily successes that this imbecile encounters. He navigates himself around a childs toy and throws scrunched up paper squarely into a bin....woo-hoo! Yes - these are the sort of life-reaffirming day to day activities that manage to boost my morale and convince me that life is ultimately worth living. Is this **** seriously that shallow? And the 'will he score again' tag-line tackily tacked onto the end of the advert when a woman smiles coyly at him in the tram makes me want to die. I know the advertisers are trying to subtly imply that sex may be offered as a by-product of using this chemical goo, but I would be less offended if they made the point explicitly and ended the ad. with him taking penetrating her.

The latest travesty of a go-compare advert is beyond the point of pointlessness now. I think their ad guys are now just going full-out in the quest to make adverts that annoy and offend the senses. Thoughtless, vacuous and idiotic the creators behind these string of turds should be fully ashamed of themselves.I am so sick of this 'oh, you are talking about it - giving them free advertising so their campaign must be working' mentality that accompanies discussions on this ad. It really is the lowest common denominator in thought processes. Like the ads themselves it illustrates nothing more than a redundant, pedestrian and impoverished imagination. The fact that many people have stated that they would never visit their website because of their tedious and annoying advertising campaign is proof that their advertising campaign is not wholly effective. Great advertising should unite, not divide! Unfortunately their campaign shows little signs of slowing and I can imagine the ad. men are working day and night proposing more and more of these ads until every genre, cliche and theme is well and truly covered....go campare ads in heaven and hell?....go compare ads at somebodies funeral?.....I'm suprised we haven't had a country and western themed ad. 5 years ago I remember with nostalgic bliss that advertising breaks were filled with insurance companies trying to save us money, nowadays it's an endless slueth of price comparison sites trying to convince us that they can do the same.

Every KFC ad should also be stopped - especially the new ones where they try and embed a 'modern family' complete with pets into our collective consciousness. That colonel Sanders would deep fry that popcorn pup in an instance and serve it up to the kids to eat.

The Dr. Oetker cup cake ads. In fact cup cakes full stop. What is it with the media trying to tell us we are a nation obsessed by cup cakes?! I loathe how cupcakes have become surreptitiously synonymous with a kind of retro-comforting grandma's-kitchens-school-of-cakey-charm from a time in immemorial. These innocuous 'staples' of bakeware have seemingly transformed themselves from aspirational food items longingly gazed at by bourgeoisie sloanes in Cath Kidston shop windows into the kind of daily supermarket fodder that we are all expected to make, bake and enjoy on a daily basis. What we are being 'sold' here is not just a mere small sponge coated with icing and decorations but a 50's gingham lifestyle, replete with polka-dot dress and an active interest in vintage furniture. People who like cupcakes are tossers and nothing can detract from that. Macaroons are set to become the new cupcakes, and people jumping onto this bandwagon are also tossers, as are people who buy cushions, rugs and furniture with the union jack printed on it - it's all part of the same shite sandwich. Incidentally if you really are so keen on recreating an 'authentic' 50's vibe in your kitchen, throw all your fresh food away and replace it with tinned food, tinned meat included. See how much you enjoy cooking with powered milk and eggs you retro-crazy turds!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Oh and the WeightWatchers advert is also nippy. The one with the stupid woman who since joining WeightWatchers has lost nothing but money decides to appear in some music video where she takes up a whole road just to sing "my life used revolve around TV" with her gang of girl friends. It's the false smiling, and all-girls-together-having-fun aspect of this advert which causes the enamel on my teeth to errode. There is a number of similarly themed ads that follow this template - Boots 'here come the girls' campaign is another which springs to mind. I particuarly despise advertisers selling female solidarity instead of the product or service on offer.
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The geek in the BT Broadband advert is really creepy. The way he looks at his female flatmate....:eek:

She should move out pronto...before he starts snooping round her bedroom while she is out.

Anyone know the phone number of Crimestoppers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The geek in the BT Broadband advert is really creepy. The way he looks at his female flatmate....:eek:

She should move out pronto...before he starts snooping round her bedroom while she is out.

I couldn't agree more, who thought that this would sell BT to the public
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more, who thought that this would sell BT to the public

The way he looks at her when she sits on the edge of his bed :o

Drop the advert BT...before he buries her under the floorboards :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Saniflo.......... What's that all about? When did you last see a British plumber wearing dungarees like that?! In fact when did you last see a British plumber?

Direct Line......the latest irritating couple. Just don't get this at all - don't know who's worst, her or terminally dim him.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member

I hate that advert....
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Direct Line - Yet another crappy and UNFUNNY advert has appeared on our screens. This time it's for Small Business Insurance. SERIOUSLY?! :mad:

Sport Relief Mile BBC - That kid has the most annoying voice I have ever heard! :mad:

The Sun on Sunday - Basically News of the World with a different name. I will NEVER buy this rubbish excuse of a newspaper!

L'Oreal - "our new advanced formula with Arginine." Piss off with the scientific gibberish! :mad:

Ladbrokes - Why the hell must everyone in this ad be ever so annoying and SHOUT so loud?!
This discussion has been closed.