Options

The Following - Season 2

Comments

• Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody else find this the most irritating show they've ever seen?

Bored with it now. I'll stick with it to see how it ends, as I doubt it will get a third series.

It's the same crap over and over - a follower kills somebody, Ryan tracks down a follower, they escape etc.

None of the characters are interesting apart from Joe but even he borderlines on ridiculous.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Bored with it now. I'll stick with it to see how it ends, as I doubt it will get a third series.

It's the same crap over and over - a follower kills somebody, Ryan tracks down a follower, they escape etc.

None of the characters are interesting apart from Joe but even he borderlines on ridiculous.

Yes I only watch it to see how ridiculous things can get.
  • Options
    SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Had watched the first two episodes and had this on my Sky+ planner went to watch the next couple of episodes and my Planner has wiped all of my stuff >:(
    Rang Sky and am getting the new Sky HD box (as my hard drive has went) with on demand does anyone know will I be able to watch this On Demand?
  • Options
    ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been recording this for a rainy day so to speak so i have a simple question; is season two any better than season one or is it still Joe having lots of chances to kill Ryan but never doing it, the girl with short hair cast as the character viewers are supposed to dislkike, random people conveniently being part of the cult and plot hole galore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ep1987 wrote: »
    Have been recording this for a rainy day so to speak so i have a simple question; is season two any better than season one or is it still Joe having lots of chances to kill Ryan but never doing it, the girl with short hair cast as the character viewers are supposed to dislkike, random people conveniently being part of the cult and plot hole galore.

Yes so far more of the same. Not sure what the point of this show is to be honest.

I doubt most people root for the FBI or even Ryan.

At best people watch to see what sort of death is going to happen that episode and who will escape the FBI and Ryan easily.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had watched the first two episodes and had this on my Sky+ planner went to watch the next couple of episodes and my Planner has wiped all of my stuff >:(
    Rang Sky and am getting the new Sky HD box (as my hard drive has went) with on demand does anyone know will I be able to watch this On Demand?

Yes, at the moment episodes 3 and 4 are on there, but episode 3 expires this Tuesday so unless you get your box asap you'll not see that one on demand.
  • Options
    SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Yes, at the moment episodes 3 and 4 are on there, but episode 3 expires this Tuesday so unless you get your box asap you'll not see that one on demand.

Thanks for that getting it on Tuesday so hopefully will be set up before episode 3 expires.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes so far more of the same. Not sure what the point of this show is to be honest.

I doubt most people root for the FBI or even Ryan.

At best people watch to see what sort of death is going to happen that episode and who will escape the FBI and Ryan easily.

There is also the game of trying to guess which characters will turn out to be Followers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Gave up with this show, it was a pretty interesting idea, but one that is pretty limited. I got bored with everyone conveniently being part of the cult all of a sudden. It's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am rapidly losing patience with this series...apart from the fact that everyone seems to be a follower, the FBI are still as inept as ever. I cannot believe that Giselle would be able to beat both Ryan and his niece up ?

Think I will give this one more episode......this really should not be renewed for a new series.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The promo for next week's episode :eek:
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    MaarkScott wrote: »
    Gave up with this show, it was a pretty interesting idea, but one that is pretty limited. I got bored with everyone conveniently being part of the cult all of a sudden. It's just ridiculous.
    It's been like that - from Day One.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree with everyone else, I watch it because I want to see the end but it is increasingly stupid. I hope there is an end though and it isn't left hanging.

I think it should have been a one series show. It seems quite dragged out at the moment.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the episode was good tonight, although next week's looks amazing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE9CR6xilB4
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Gray is sexy as hell
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    The use of the Win 8 start screen on the FBI LCD TV is enough to not take this seriously. :)

So much product placement in this second series. Wasn't Mike saying a few weeks ago "I've uploaded the videos to my skydrive..."
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still watching this but I remain disappointed about how Joe magically survived season 1. It would've been stronger had they found a way to replace him with something or someone a bit different e.gLily and the twins as the major villains or something along those lines. I'll continue to watch though as it's not that bad all the same.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Loved the Max Punch last night, but how Giselle escaped, with the thumb.:o
    The Warehouse shoot-out was good, as was the 'empty' House fight.

Missing Emma's pink hair...not sure about the painting - and Joe, finally settling in at the Big House, with his Office come operating theatre - Wendy.:o

And Mike slowly catching up to Ryan, after seeing the Photo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike Weston being a follower would be the biggest jump the shark in the history of any TV show, ever

I would refuse to watch another minute if that ever happened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mike Weston being a follower would be the biggest jump the shark in the history of any TV show, ever

I would refuse to watch another minute if that ever happened

What about if Ryan turning into a Follower. :eek: He has almost crossed the line, at least from self defense to purposeful killer.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first four episodes today, already enjoying it more than season 1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a scenario where Ryan and Joe unite to destroy Lily and the twins

Good twin will obviously be this season's Jacob. Killed as soon as he decides to go straight.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see a scenario where Ryan and Joe unite to destroy Lily and the twins

Good twin will obviously be this season's Jacob. Killed as soon as he decides to go straight.

I said something similar about joe and ryan pairing up, jo is gunna hate how they (lily gray and co) are behaving amd will use ryan to help him get the others.

Or ryan will speak to joe and tell him that lily grau is ruining his legacy which will make hoe want to kill the followers followers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    So much product placement in this second series. Wasn't Mike saying a few weeks ago "I've uploaded the videos to my skydrive..."

It was sad seeing the characters on 'Intelligence' set up a Microsoft Surface pad just to show a couple of pictures.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »

It's the biggest load of tripe that I have got this far with, I only watched the end of S1 as it wasn't too long and just to see what happens.

I sighed when they decided on a 2nd season, why? :o

Having said that I think there is a slight improvement this season with Ryan & Mike on their no holds barred kill spree, I'm watching just for that now :)
    Although Mike let me down a bit not just shooting the lot of 'em just because Lily had some innocent guy she was holding, would have fitted quite well after stabbing one of the twins to then just shoot her in the head .