Less is more Clare

cookincookin Posts: 180
Forum Member
Why do commentators feel the need to continually talk over medal ceremonies. We can follow the action without any need to explain ... annoying>:(

Comments

• SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without their expert commentary we wouldn't be aware that the athletes:

1) worked hard to get here (I guess maybe some just fluke their way to the podium)

2) are very happy to be here

3) have family and friends who are very proud of them
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare was everybody's darling after 2012 but I think she's over-trying at these Games. The exaggerated gurning and leaning forward when she interviews looks very off putting. And she does over talk.
  • jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ENTIRE BBC sports presenting team across all sports need a HUGE CULL.

to many people talking waaay to much for to long, asking duff questions , talkking BS most time.

BUT the biggest crime is trhat they do NOT channel the action.

They GET IN THE WAY of the event,

and its the sounds, atmosphere, they distract from what we see and what they " think they seet " , ...reference London 2012 for far to many times,

Please Just put a camera at the event, shut up, and let us hear the event, sounds , the screams, wooshes , the laughter etc...so we can feel like we are there.....

If you close your eyes when BBC aree on ...it just sounds like a boring man / woman annoying talking over all the events.

At a real sporting event I gaurantee everyone would walk away or move from all these BBC waffle merchants, and find a quiter spot to watch.

The freeloading jolly blaggers.
  • floppydogfloppydog Posts: 1,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think it all started going wrong with the Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations on the Thames and gone downhill from there.
  • cookincookin Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Suze wrote: »
    Without their expert commentary we wouldn't be aware that the athletes:

1) worked hard to get here (I guess maybe some just fluke their way to the podium)

2) are very happy to be here

3) have family and friends who are very proud of them

I think we can all work that our for ourselves, it's pretty much a given ++++++++ :)
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At a real sporting event I gaurantee everyone would walk away or move from all these BBC waffle merchants, and find a quiter spot to watch.

The freeloading jolly blaggers.

I agree with you. The whole thing is just a massive exercise in freeloading - if you have presenters, you need cameramen, soundmen, make up people, managers etc etc.
  • benjiman_LFCbenjiman_LFC Posts: 1,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has access to the red button now. If you think there is too much of Balding, Edwards and Irvine use that as it is uninterrupted.
  • jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has access to the red button now. If you think there is too much of Balding, Edwards and Irvine use that as it is uninterrupted.

we need a NO Commentary feed so we can just listen to the sport without waffling freeloaders to ruin it.

We can add our own commentary or just listen to the event onsite commentary

BBC commentators add NOTHING .