Options

One Direction fans send homophobic death threats to Nick Grimshaw

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a real soft spot for cheesy, bubblegum pop but I don't think I've ever really liked a single One Direction song. They are all so samey and middle of the road sounding, in fact it's a bit of a missed opportunity as they could have released seem great classic pop anthems.

I give them another 12 months tops. They have peaked now, they look tired and fed up and no doubt some of them will want solo careers and more creative control over their sound. I think Harry being the most high profile will do well as a solo artist, but we won't really know who will be the most successful until they call it a day.
  • Options
    ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a real soft spot for cheesy, bubblegum pop but I don't think I've ever really liked a single One Direction song. They are all so samey and middle of the road sounding, in fact it's a bit of a missed opportunity as they could have released seem great classic pop anthems.

I give them another 12 months tops. They have peaked now, they look tired and fed up and no doubt some of them will want solo careers and more creative control over their sound. I think Harry being the most high profile will do well as a solo artist, but we won't really know who will be the most successful until they call it a day.

I think Zayn has the best voice and would do really well, but I'm not sure he has the temperament to keep up this lifestyle for long.

(I have an 8 year old daughter. I am nearly an expert in 1D now :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no love for Tulisa but something has gone seriously wrong when we have a generation who think nothing of issuing a death threat (whether they mean it or not) every single time someone says something they don't like. Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga fans seem to be just as unhinged so it's not even a problem specific to "Directioners".

It really makes me wonder where parenting went wrong. I would NEVER have even thought to behave like this when I was young. It truly disturbs me a great deal.