Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Just looked on the EPG and it doesn't say, think it's updated the day of the show :(

Hopefully they make an exception and get them to watch it for next weeks. It's certainly worth it for the entertainment Carl provided and I'd love to see their reactions to it
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really didn't enjoy this episode, found it boring, especially with so much coverage on the Grand National and the fake carry ons with Sandra/Sandy - less of them now, please.

This series (and yes, it's a series, not season - a season is a time of year!) started off well but has dropped off the last couple of episodes. It used to make me laugh from start to finish but I just about smile now - George and the Brighton lads are the only ones keeping me watching.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Loved it :)

A bit gentler than last week's, which was a good idea.
    The whole Grand National segment was pure joy - especially June's reaction.

Also, Ralf and Viv's reaction to Jay taking two fig rolls :D
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode. Loved the Grand National bits and Ghost comments.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Loved it :)

A bit gentler than last week's, which was a good idea.
    The whole Grand National segment was pure joy - especially June's reaction.

Also, Ralf and Viv's reaction to Jay taking two fig rolls :D

Yes, I thought the Grand National segment was great, just like the scenes in our house.
    How many selections did Leon make ?..he must have bet on half the field.
    I thought it was one of the better episodes, less playing to the camera than we've had recently. I think it's time to drop the old films though, that does seem far too contrived. It was funny a couple of times, Titanic and Grease for example..but they appear to have made it a regular item.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Is it true that Silent Jay is being considered as new Host of Strictly Come Dancing?

And his fee will be paid in fig rolls????
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Oh I do love that video, now that's a way to wake everyone up at a wedding...lol
    It certainly did, especially the poor lady who obviously had no clue what was happening and walked away looking quite worried and perplexed! :D
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it true that Silent Jay is being considered as new Host of Strictly Come Dancing?

:D:D:D:D

Please let it be so!
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    It certainly did, especially the poor lady who obviously had no clue what was happening and walked away looking quite worried and perplexed! :D

she thought the loud disco had started early.
  • Options
    ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D
    Just loved the expression on the face of the german guy when he reached for the fig rolls. Almost thought Silent Jay was going to speak for a moment then.:o

Love the gay guys & was pleased to see Ginge make an appearance this week.:D
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Brilliant - they are showing the spoof of Gogglebox = Leon doesn't get it

Of course he gets it, he was referring to Takeaway being a rip off of things that have all been done before.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I laughed a fair bit at that episode.
    Just had a quick skim of the last page of the thread, I'll avoid reading it all, negative comments won't do me any good.
    I think they can get rid if the film segment, find some other programs for them to watch and react to instead of old movies.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    Of course he gets it, he was referring to Takeaway being a rip off of things that have all been done before.

'not an original idea in their heads' or words to that effect, were a large clue.
  • Options
    CitrusBlastCitrusBlast Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    :D
    Just loved the expression on the face of the german guy when he reached for the fig rolls. Almost thought Silent Jay was going to speak for a moment then.:o

Oh hat was my fav bit, just had to watch it again now :D no idea why he was giving him such a dirty look for taking a fig roll though.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Josh Tapper has now become a film star:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4w-QMSFf8

WTH :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Baasit Siddiqui is on Twitter now. Very chatty too :) They're my fave family.

And Sid is on there but not the other son even tho he is on FB :confused:
  • Options
    ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    And Sid is on there but not the other son even tho he is on FB :confused:

Maybe he just doesn't fancy Twitter? :D I think Baasit tries to answer all his tweets, as do Scarlett and George, people like June and Leon, and Steph and Dom don't really bother.
  • Options
    Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the two young tattooed guys that were in the last series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe he just doesn't fancy Twitter? :D I think Baasit tries to answer all his tweets, as do Scarlett and George, people like June and Leon, and Steph and Dom don't really bother.

Or don't get it like me. You can only say so many words and that's not me :blush::D

Steph and Dom are all over FB.. normally trying to get votes for their own show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon_More wrote: »
    What happened to the two young tattooed guys that were in the last series?

If you mean the Liverpool lads they left as they said it was staged. Shame as I do miss them as they were very funny.
  • Options
    richardpaul1987richardpaul1987 Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick one, does the majority of filming take place at night? Noticed that they seemed to be watching the grand national at night.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the mere fact that SIlent Jay sits there consciously not speaking shows how aware of the cameras all the participants are. The show was supposed to be a represention of normal families, doing normal things and saying what we're all thinking. That's clearly not him being himself, it's a complete act.

Plus you have it all filmed in one night with the producers telling them to change clothes and to 'react', all the time; it's a world away from what they pretend it is. As I said the other day, it's now becoming a just a collection of mini sketches, a caracature of itself and a world away from what it was supposed to be when it first started.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick one, does the majority of filming take place at night? Noticed that they seemed to be watching the grand national at night.

Yes, each familiy watches all the programmes on DVDs over one evening apparently.
  • Options
    Pearl McGPearl McG Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Stephen and Christopher aren't a couple.

They used to be a couple when the show started, now they're just friends.

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/tv-news/news/gogglebox-stars-stephen-and-chris-the-show-played-a-big-part-in-us-breaking-up
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    Yes, each familiy watches all the programmes on DVDs over one evening apparently.

Guess that explains why some of them doze off at times. Or that could just be the programmes they're watching....
This discussion has been closed.