Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What`s with jer tom putting his finger tips together, did he have a mishap wee superglue in the past.

Will team sky stay in SA for the recess?.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpscloud wrote: »
    Oh dear, not Prof Dixon again. Even M'lady had a smile on her face when she told Nel to restrain himself from being rude!

Just revisiting the sock fibre thing - do they not have proper fibre analysis in SA? A ten year old with a microscope could give more reliable evidence. Dixon's fairly sure the fibres didn't come from a cleaning cloth not because he did tests on both the cloth and the sock, but because he observed the cleaning and it wasn't very vigorous. :o
    I thought the Judge telling Nel off was rather , tongue in cheek for her , but she had to ,,,,,,,,,,,I think she was feeling Nel's pain ! :D
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Gaaron wrote: »
    ditto. It is ruining a good thread. Either grow up & make amends, or just ignore & no comments re each other.

Hey, Gaaron. Sadly there is nothing I am able to do about it. Take a look back.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the thread have this outbreak of bickering and sniping around this time almost every night?

(That is a rhetorical question}
  • Options
    DonmackDonmack Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add to the conversation.......

I truly think it's gone beyond culpable homicide. For that, the court would have to believe that he made a mistake he should not have made, but a reasonable person could well have made the same mistake.

This might work if we were talking about one shot. But four? Plus the ballistics show that he shot once, moved position, then shot three more times.

The court have to decide whether he intended to kill whoever was behind the door - Reeva or not. I think he obviously did.

They then have to decide whether it was reasonable for him to kill that person under the circumstances, and it clearly (to my mind) was not.

I think he's looking at murder. If Nel can show that he knew it was Reeva and that he's lied to cover his tracks, his sentence will be even longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    So is it possible the mark on the door with fibres was in fact his shoulder?
    no --- I think fibres were from his sock on his prosthetic leg, Dixon said, he's good with wood varnish etc, but nothing else.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konya wrote: »
    Yes so am I. I imagine he'll be on Youtube now watching himself to see how he can better his mannerisms on his return!

And as Piers Morgan says 'One day you're the cock of the walk, the next a feather duster.'

Gosh, Aan't that the truth?!

And he should know :D
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    no fibres were his sock on his prosthetic leg, Dixon said, he's good with wood varnish etc, but nothing else.

But he did not do tests. Perhaps they were from a shirt?
  • Options
    Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    sorry if this has been said, but i've just read page 107 and someone mentioned nel asking why oscar would suddenly have thought it was reeva in the toilet and not looked for her downstairs. could it be the case that he knew she couldn't have gone downstairs because if she had, the alarm would have gone off?
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donmack wrote: »
    Just to add to the conversation.......

I truly think it's gone beyond culpable homicide. For that, the court would have to believe that he made a mistake he should not have made, but a reasonable person could well have made the same mistake.

This might work if we were talking about one shot. But four? Plus the ballistics show that he shot once, moved position, then shot three more times.

The court have to decide whether he intended to kill whoever was behind the door - Reeva or not. I think he obviously did.

They then have to decide whether it was reasonable for him to kill that person under the circumstances, and it clearly (to my mind) was not.

I think he's looking at murder. If Nel can show that he knew it was Reeva and that he's lied to cover his tracks, his sentence will be even longer.

I think so too. His defense of putative private defense was bungled, and he's shown intent - I think even for CH, he's already at Dolus Eventualis. A step above CH.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konya wrote: »
    Yes so am I. I imagine he'll be on Youtube now watching himself to see how he can better his mannerisms on his return!

And as Piers Morgan says 'One day you're the cock of the walk, the next a feather duster.'

Gosh, Aan't that the truth?!

I have a 'feeling' that the cock, struggled with a Peahen, a person who maybe had good a life of her own.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-paralympic-star-3434141

Now there are claims he has had acting lessons in preparation for the trial !

No doubt he signed up for "how to whinge in ten easy lessons"

You can read the letter in full here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry if this has been said, but i've just read page 107 and someone mentioned nel asking why oscar would suddenly have thought it was reeva in the toilet and not looked for her downstairs. could it be the case that he knew she couldn't have gone downstairs because if she had, the alarm would have gone off?

possibly, although he didn't actually state that...there was also the bat leant against the door and he didn't mention that either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-reeva-steenkamps-3434188

Reeva's mum has to rely on hand outs to afford to get to attend the trial !
    aww, that's really sad, the SA Justice system should pay for her to attend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member

We know the alarm was on because? The killer says so?
  • Options
    daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex Crawford speaks to op`s family every morning, but not with Reeva`s family, it was the way she spoke, felt a bit biased?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    But he did not do tests. Perhaps they were from a shirt?
    he looked at marks on door from fibres with fibres and wear on sock and it matched - so he said !
  • Options
    konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    And he should know :D

Good point! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daver34 wrote: »
    Alex Crawford speaks to op`s family every morning, but not with Reeva`s family, it was the way she spoke, felt a bit biased?.
    they are the news, family of the accused - best way to get info is to be close to them - she leaves Steenkamps alone, respectful I think.
    She does however come across bias , almost sorry for Oscar at times, but reporting on what she sees in Court , but does tend to waiver i agree.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Copied ....

' The implication of this is that it would have been more acceptable to shoot an intruder the way you did. Execution from behind a closed door.'
  • Options
    Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

no, i don't think the alarm was on. i think he's guilty. but if he IS innocent, why would he not say "i thought she hadn't gone downstairs because i didn't hear the alarm go off"? the fact he didn't, to me, makes him look even more guilty because it's such an obvious line argument. that, and as hesty_smith said, the bat against the door. i agree with nel that it's a huge leap to make from simply not feeling/seeing her in the room to realising he shot her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the fact that he didn't say it is really significant....I think it didn't occur to him to say that because the alarm wasn't on that night and the bat had never been resting against the door that night. Impossible to prove.... just another indicator that his testimony just doesn't ring true.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    he looked at marks on door from fibres with fibres and wear on sock and it matched - so he said !

Dixon's a bit of light relief in some ways - they looked the same 'm'lady', I saw them with my eyes, well, not the sock ones.:D
  • Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't believe the alarm was on - he had to say it was because he needed to show how afraid he was of being attacked in his own home. He stumbled quite a bit when asked about why it didn't go off when he went downstairs and he said he must have automatically turned it off but had no recollection of doing so.
This discussion has been closed.