LOVE Katie Hopkins

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Blimey, you aim low! :p:D

She certainly does nothing for me at all.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    but your reaction right now is EXACTLY what she's looking for! Besides that, she's a Godess!

If you live near any fields, your luck could be in ;-)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    If you live near any fields, your luck could be in ;-)

Baaaaaa, Mooooo and all things farmyard, Blondie! ;-):D
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Blimey, you aim low! :p:D
    zx50 wrote: »
    She certainly does nothing for me at all.

Psh, not in that way! I bat for the other side!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oooops! :blush::D
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    but your reaction right now is EXACTLY what she's looking for! Besides that, she's a Godess!
    That's OK then, because I know for sure that she's no Goddess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then you should have made this clear when you made the post.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I have to say that i absolutely love Katie Hopkins

I know a lot of people hate her but she is tv gold.

I love how she has the Mum Army up in arms every single time. She is of course completely right about a lot of things.

Harsh truth is something the mum army cannot take.

of course thins character he has created is OTT and exaggerated but she has good point on an awful lot of subjects and the majority of her haters are angry because they can't stand having a mirror held up to themselves.

She doesn't sugar coat it

She's right

I think she's a breath of fresh air in this kid gloves society.

And before you start with 'Katie is that you?' blah blah blah

Its just an avid fan who loves the chaos she creates

I think you might be her only fan outside of her family and snobby friends.

I recognise your username did you used to post on a Madonna forum?
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Put it this way, would she still get all this publicity, TV appearances etc if she hadn't said all these things? She's incredibly smart as she's increased her 15 minutes of fame.

She's paying her bills with these appearances, people book her because she is controversial, she wouldn't be getting any appearances if she wasnt saying these things.
  • Options
    Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lmao? Madonna? Noo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd imagine there'd hardly be anyone out there who agrees with Hopkins' views. There's probably only about 1% of people who agree with her. Hopkins just spouts laughable nonsense when she starts opening her mouth.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scale of the woman's ignorance is staggering.

She's the sort of person that would tell someone ringing the Samaritans to "man up".

Totally blinkered and clueless of the complexities and struggles of some people's lives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    The scale of the woman's ignorance is staggering.

She's the sort of person that would tell someone ringing the Samaritans to "man up".

Totally blinkered and clueless of the complexities and struggles of some people's lives.

Yep. It's just as well that a LOT of people just see her as entertainment and not to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Lmao? Madonna? Noo

That's odd because your username definitely rings a bell and i'm sure it's a Madonna forum I recognise it from. It was about 2002/03.
  • Options
    WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Katie Hopkins to talk a lot of sense, she just always goes that one step too far in order to guarantee she will keep being asked back to This Morning/Mornings/Channel 5 debates/The Sun. A lot of people these days get outraged over the smallest thing, and people are conditioned into thinking a 'everything is wonderful', 'everyone should be praised', 'no one must be criticised' sort of way.

Of course if you give your child a non-traditional name they are likely to be prejudiced in an interview, if you have visible tattoos also, anything that makes you stand out against the convention is going to count against you, except in a creative industry perhaps. I think a lot of people must agree with her, otherwise why would the Sun give her a column, why would she have so many twitter followers, and why do Channel 5 see her as a key talent. She proved on the apprentice that she knew how to make money, she's just made her own gob and opinions her asset
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Okay, you're not her. You're probably her friend though. :D If you like her, fine. I don't though. There you go.

She is very good at what she does - and that's why she gets asked back time and time again. She provides controversy and provokes faux outrage from pc types who like to stifle free speech.

She says what many people are thinking - but are too afraid to say!
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    She is very good at what she does - and that's why she gets asked back time and time again. She provides controversy and provokes faux outrage from pc types who like to stifle free speech.

She says what many people are thinking - but are too afraid to say!

- a father who picks his children up from school needs to "man up"

- it's ok to run a marathon to test whether your baby is "meant to be" or not

- ginger children are harder to love

Just 3 quick examples of the things Katie has said. If people really agree with that, I cannot understand why. It's just fathomless to me. Hopefully people only agree with her less severe opinions.
  • Options
    Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her face appears to have aged much quicker than the rest of her.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loathe this woman with a passion, like most - but her article today about Celebrity Tweets was absolutely SPOT ON!
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is media savvy as in she knows what to say to grab headlines and be controversial to do it. She's smart enough to know people will get fed up with her eventually shes already becoming a caricature of herself.

I dont take her or her views seriously if she is an expert on parenting then im cheryl cole.
  • Options
    Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loathe this woman with a passion, like most - but her article today about Celebrity Tweets was absolutely SPOT ON!

Agree
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Julia_Webb wrote: »
    Agree

Also agree. I hate this maudlin Twitter one-upmanship from celebs whenever someone famous dies.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is nothing to love about Katie Hopkins. She's a truly rubbish troll as far as they go and I don't understand why the British public obviously live for being wound up by this tedious woman.

Even when she makes points I agree with, agreeing with her makes me feel dirty. I try and ignore her existence but she seems to appear on every show with talking heads going.