How critical and consumer feedback made Xbox One a contender again

124»

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Ronald Reagan once said "if you are explaining, you are losing".

Microsoft are explaining a hell of a lot.

Absolutely.

Microsoft clearly have a huge problem and they know it. Otherwise why spend so much time addressing it?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

Yeah, politicians know what they're talking about..

As Henrik Ibsen once said "The majority is always wrong"
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good that MS turned things around, I know it's a cliche, but competition is always a good thing, plus it seems MS have started to get their act together. I just hope that Xbone remains competitive on the gaming side and MS don't try and chase the ad/sport/media $$$, although in fairness I wouldn't blame them if it made them more money.

I'm still in interested in all this cloud business, hoping that it fulfills the potential that MS are drumming up.

Still won't be getting one for a while, though I'm incredibly fickle and indecisive so who knows :D
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely think the XB1 is a far more compelling proposition now. Actually, if I had to buy a console, right now, I'd pick it over the PS4, but I'm going to give it a year or so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member

What they should have done was change the narrative completely. They should have touted 10-person game-sharing as a huge selling point and a much better deal than the peanuts you get trading-in used games.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a danger that Xbox One's renaissance may be short lived?

They may have got their cheque book out to secure promising games like Titanfall and Dead Rising 3. But Sony have ploughed their cash into funding something like 100 indie games.

Which offers the best long term prospects?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Is there a danger that Xbox One's renaissance may be short lived?

Not going to happen.

The xbox ones pre orders are massive far exceeding the 360's.

People were asking the exact same question when the ps3 was released. They had bad PR (can't afford a ps3? Get a second job), an over priced console, and massive delays, yet they did alright in the end.

A better question would be 'Do you want the xbox one to fail? And if yes, then why?'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Not going to happen.

The xbox ones pre orders are massive far exceeding the 360's.

People were asking the exact same question when the ps3 was released. They had bad PR (can't afford a ps3? Get a second job), an over priced console, and massive delays, yet they did alright in the end.

A better question would be 'Do you want the xbox one to fail? And if yes, then why?'

The battle will not be won or lost on day of release as there are far too many variables at play here.

1) Not everyone who is buying a PS4/Xbox on day of release is actually going to be buying it for themselves as some if not a good percentage are buying these consoles to sell on e-bay or whatever at a greatly inflated price rather than have one for themselves.

2) This is just day one in a (at least) five year battle between two companies who are are looking to sell millions of their respective units and in 12 months who will care about the numerous 180's for Ms or how well Sony did at some trade show.

3) Its the games that sell the consoles and neither one have yet pulled out the really big guns yet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Sony would have really walked it if GT6 was a launch PS4 game or Uncharted was a launch game
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    My postman is getting an XB1

Plenty will sell just not as much as PS4