Pay Rises for Judges?

Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This was in the Mail, so "say no more."

They say, "Dancing with the Stars" may be reduced from two series to one, which would reduce Len and Bruno's pay considerably, as they earn more on that show than on Strictly. It was suggested they were approaching the BBC for a rise.

Whether this is true or not, I can't see the BBC giving them any more in these times of big reductions in the pay of many people in TV. I personally don't think they're worth any more money. After so many years, I like I'm certain many, only record this show now and fast-forward through their contributions which have become progressively more about promoting themselves than adding anything of value.

Comments

• MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus, I would've thought that compared to most people's wages, Len and Bruno will earn a small fortune, even without a second series of DWTS. So it's not like they desperately need the money, is it?

I can never understand these celebrities who are already paid so much suddenly deciding it's just not enough for them. Okay then - you come and do my job, and I'll take your 'measly' pay! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    This was in the Mail, so "say no more."

They say, "Dancing with the Stars" may be reduced from two series to one, which would reduce Len and Bruno's pay considerably, as they earn more on that show than on Strictly. It was suggested they were approaching the BBC for a rise.

Whether this is true or not, I can't see the BBC giving them any more in these times of big reductions in the pay of many people in TV. I personally don't think they're worth any more money. After so many years, I like I'm certain many, only record this show now and fast-forward through their contributions which have become progressively more about promoting themselves than adding anything of value.

This isn't definite yet and comes out everytime it's contract expiring time for some of the more high profile PROs of the show. Maksim and Derek's contracts are about to end and both have said they are not coming back. If these 2 don't return, the ratings may go down even further. DWTS use to average over 20 million viewers, it's now down to about 14. The PROs on DWTS aren't the most valued part of the show although some are more famous than the celebrities they put on it. The show is now showcasing too many reality show rejects.

The PROs have taken their popularity and gone on to other projects to make alot more money than they can make on DWTS. As is known by the fans, people tune in alot to see the PRO's but the production staff doesn't seem to get that and the judges keep getting pushed. I suppose it's because they are paid so much and production needs to get their money's worth. Either way, it's not what the public wants because they are losing alot of viewers. Eventually the show will have to go down to 1 season. DWTS production tried showing reruns of previous seasons episodes on the weekends and they couldn't get enough viewers to watch.

The show has lost alot of what made it great to watch. The same songs are repeatedly used to much and sung badly. There are very few PRO dances and they now have what they call a dance troupe. All the changes may be contributing to it's downfall and going to 1 season will allow them to try to save the show.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no idea DWTS had two series per year . You can have too much of a good thing which leads to overkill and being bored . Best to leave us humans wanting more.

They could have like I suggested, a shorter non celeb version which would be interesting, as could SCD.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    I had no idea DWTS had two series per year . You can have too much of a good thing which leads to overkill and being bored . Best to leave us humans wanting more.

They could have like I suggested, a shorter non celeb version which would be interesting, as could SCD.

You could write about it on their Facebook page and that would help an enormous amount and maybe hand write it to the bosses and the creative team to do a non celeb civilian edition. It would be nice if contestants came through sets of auditions and those who are specifically chosen by the BBC get to dance. :D

Trouble is my friend that they are very busy people and the answer they may give you may be a very political one. To me I don't care if the answer is unsolicited as long as it's an answer. :cool: