Options

How do you like your toast?

2»

Comments

• Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over a coal fire, nicely toasted so it is nice and brown, but since that is not available to me most of the time, i have to do with the grill, but still medium brown

Must have proper butter on mind you with a bit of Strawberry jam. Sadly Grill takes too long in the mornings, so I use the toaster.

Oh white bread is better for toast, nice fresh split tin loaf. Failing that then Braces extra thick.

I have found some multigrain bread in Aldis, for 99p, that makes ok toast.

Umm, just made me feel like some toast now
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cooked under a pre heated hot grill or my Dualit toaster with butter with topping (or not) of choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    lightly browned so its warm and still chewy inside. Current favourie toppings are peanut butter, but also jam and if if im feeling really naughty banana, honey and cinnamon. Yum!
  • Options
    ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like mine nice and crunchy, cooked until just before it burns. I hate nothing more than a slice of warm, soft, floppy bread. I spread it with margarine and marmite. I know margarine isn't very good for you seeing as it's artificial fat but I can't stand the taste or smell of real butter. Sometimes if I want something different I'll have a bit of raspberry jam but no margarine with that.
  • Options
    speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cut in little squares with baked beans on top.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have mine on setting one on our toaster, so it is only very barely done - my brother says it is just warm bread, not toast, but it is just about toasted!

Buttered straight away, if using, and always eaten hot at home. Preferably with peanut butter, marmite, jam, scrambled egg and smoked salmon, or cheese and beans!

Having said that, at hotels etc I'm quite happy to eat toast cold and buttered afterwards so that it doesn't melt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I like my toast not too hot, butter and loads of jam.......lush!
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A nice golden colour, with either butter or Nutella! :)
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With beans or cheese on. Toast is incredibly overrated and is only good as a vessel to carry the main part of the meal. I can't think of anything more boring than just having a couple of slices of toast. If I'm having a cooked breakfast it has to be fried bread all the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    lightly done on each side, with bit of soya spread margarine on it..paste is also nice spread on it ( with piece of ham on top and cheese lol)