Onesies

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I had one for Christmas, I hate the bloody things. Adults look ridiculous in them.

Never will wear it. It's going to father dust in a cupboard that I never use.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of snobbery going on here with people saying 'adults look ridiculous in them.' etc. I've never actually seen anyone wearing one! Presumably most people just wear them around the house for warmth and comfort? What's wrong with that? It's not like they're walking down the high street flaunting them. I usually wear trackie bottoms, t shirt, jumper and slippers when I'm dossing around the house, because it's comfy and no ones going to see me. I wouldn't go out in my slippers though! Don't see why people get so judgemental about what people wear around their own home :confused:
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wear pyjamas and slipper boots, or a fleece onesie, in the house. I don't wear either outfit outside my front door though.

If I'm not going anywhere, or expecting visitors, it's perfect leisure wear.

I work long hours, suited and booted the entire day, and when I'm home, comfort is key.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    A lot of snobbery going on here with people saying 'adults look ridiculous in them.' etc. I've never actually seen anyone wearing one! Presumably most people just wear them around the house for warmth and comfort? What's wrong with that? It's not like they're walking down the high street flaunting them. I usually wear trackie bottoms, t shirt, jumper and slippers when I'm dossing around the house, because it's comfy and no ones going to see me. I wouldn't go out in my slippers though! Don't see why people get so judgemental about what people wear around their own home :confused:

You'd be surprised how many people think they are perfectly acceptable to wear whilst shopping etc here. With full make up and hair done :confused:

I have one, it's a parrot onesie that I bought for a New Year's Eve onesie party. I have only wore it once since then as I find it too hot, I could never ever sleep in one.
  • Oliver_UstinovOliver_Ustinov Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each to their own, but it's a scientific fact that an adult wearing a onesie looks utterly ridiculous.

If you are cold in the house there is already a garment for that purpose that is much classier, and that is the dressing gown.

The dressing gown was probably considered ridiculous to wear at one time! :p
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dressing gown was probably considered ridiculous to wear at one time! :p
    Exactly :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Exactly :D

Heck, I always considered the one I had as a child to be ridiculous!
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own, but it's a scientific fact that an adult wearing a onesie looks utterly ridiculous.

If you are cold in the house there is already a garment for that purpose that is much classier, and that is the dressing gown.

I'd love to see the journal this fact was published in!
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the way the zip goes down to just the right level to tuck under my scrotal pouch thus presenting my lad and boys nicely for dribble free micturition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    I like the way the zip goes down to just the right level to tuck under my scrotal pouch thus presenting my lad and boys nicely for dribble free micturition.

I've been waiting for a comment like that one with anticipation! :D
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think of onesies?:p

They're about as stupid as the wearers are dumb! I mean, what sort of self-respecting adult would go out in public wearing what amounts to little more than an adult-sized babygrow. Sometimes, the mind just boggles.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love them :D

I have two pairs haha :p

Although I do find needing to take them off for our loo business in the middle of the night annoying.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I never wear mine when its cold, hate having to almost take the whole thing off to pee.
    I have about 4 but would never wear them in public, only at home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never wear mine when its cold, hate having to almost take the whole thing off to pee.
    I have about 4 but would never wear them in public, only at home.
    What else, if anything do you wear underneath?
    Forum Member
    What else, if anything do you wear underneath?

Just bra and knickers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just bra and knickers.
    I only do it strictly when I am in my bedroom, but when I have worn a onesie in the past, I have sometimes literally worn nothing at all underneath! :p
    Forum Member
    I only do it strictly when I am in my bedroom, but when I have worn a onesie in the past, I have sometimes literally worn nothing at all underneath! :p

Mine are really thin, so I wouldn't do that. Might be ok with the thicker onesies you can get though.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was bought one for Christmas and its nice for lounging around in watchung TV in the evening. I wouldn't be seen dead in it out of the house though and I have to take it off to go to bed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine are really thin, so I wouldn't do that. Might be ok with the thicker onesies you can get though.
    Mine is only from Primark, what about yours?
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the jammies craze? I would see a few women wearing them shopping in my local Tesco on different occasions aeons ago. Thankfully it didn't last long.

Two weeks ago, I spotted a young woman wearing an onesie with boots on, walking her dog in the local park. My 1st sighting of the 'Onesie'! Could be the start of another latest chavvy craze this year!!
  • ZimzammamZimzammam Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I think they are hideous. My 5 yr old bought me one for Mothers Day last year, it is languishing in back of my wardrobe, and only gets worn under sufferance!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    They're only cute on people I find cute to begin with. Everyone else looks like canned soup wearing them. I.e, s**t.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    They're only cute on people I find cute to begin with. Everyone else looks like canned soup wearing them. I.e, s**t.
    I guess I most likely wouldn't qualify as cute then! :cry:
    Forum Member
    Mine is only from Primark, what about yours?

Mine are from Matalan and New Look but they aren't fleecey ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine are from Matalan and New Look but they aren't fleecey ones.
    Mines fleecey! :kitty: