Options

Im going on a date!!!

pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've recently joined pof, and I've been messaging someone and he wants to meet up. I'm So nervous. I've been single 3 years So its been a while since iv dated. Anyone have any luck with dating someone from a dating site?

Comments

• Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool....

Pof is full of guys that just want to get in your knickers.

Dont expect much. He will most likely be bashing your back doors in by date 2.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not personally, but I have known a few guys that have used POF.

The dates seemed to go well. They got a few months of sex out of them anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know what pof is. Being married kind of keeps me out of the dating site loop.

Good luck though pink star :)
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am such a pariah that I could never even get dates online :cry:
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've recently joined pof, and I've been messaging someone and he wants to meet up. I'm So nervous. I've been single 3 years So its been a while since iv dated. Anyone have any luck with dating someone from a dating site?

How exciting. No I don't know anything about dating sites but good luck. I hope it works out for you :)
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know what pof is. Being married kind of keeps me out of the dating site loop.

Good luck though pink star :)

It stands for Plenty of Fish as in there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Good luck pink! He's a lucky fella ;-)
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a moment there I thought I'd logged into Facebook by mistake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It stands for Plenty of Fish as in there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Ah okay, thanks :)
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes I had been single for most of my life till I had my first Date in 2009 at the age of 32, prior to that I could only normally manage f*** buddies. That date led to a 2 month relationship, so not a great start. My second attempt landed me a long distance relationship that lasted almost 2 years and got engaged in the process, which ended sour as we saw less & less of each other as the time went on, so it ended quite sour. Then 2 months later I met a local lady that originally started off being a f*** buddy (mutual choice) for a few months, but then we found we can trust each other & have been together as a couple for almost 2 years now. We speak every day & she stays at mine a couple nights a week, she is caring & brilliant.

Best of luck OP, there is someone for everyone, yes it can be pretty nerve racking when you have been out of the dating scene for awhile, but you will soon get used to it & hell if it doesn't work out, then just keep trying. :)
  • Options
    mike joycemike joyce Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stay safe. He could be any type of maniac in real life.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never heard of this site but you'll probably read about as many terrible experiences as great ones OP

You'll just have to see for yourself I guess - hope it all works out for you both :)
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck-and fingers crossed he is not some physical or mental abuser, stalker, con-artist or homicidal maniac.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of reassuring posts here, I see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    POF is like the Bettaware catalogue. If you're prepared to trawl through all the crap, you can find some real gems. I met my partner through POF and we're still going strong. So good luck, OP, I hope it goes well - just keep your eyes open, that's all :)
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike joyce wrote: »
    Stay safe. He could any type of maniac in real life.

I agree.
    You never know who you are chatting to on the net.
    Follow the normal rules when meeting a total stranger off the dating sites.

I do know some people who have dated and then even got married off dating sites mind you.

The golden rule is to let a friend know where you are going etc
  • Options
    mike joycemike joyce Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.
    You never know who you are chatting to on the net.
    Follow the normal rules when meeting a total stranger off the dating sites.

I do know some people who have dated and then even got married off dating sites mind you.

The golden rule is to let a friend know where you are going etc

Good advice summer but I fear the OP already has wedding bells ringing through her head and is going into this with her eyes shut. Hopefully your post will open her eyes.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Good advice summer but I fear the OP already has wedding bells ringing through her head and is going into this with her eyes shut. Hopefully your post will open her eyes.

How have you made that assumption based on the OP's first post?

Anyway my friend met her boyfriend on POF, they have been together for 8 months now, her longest relationship. He's a nice guy and treats her really well, so it's not all horror stories on there, however it still makes sense to be safe and sensible in the first instance.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And you reached that conclusion how exactly?
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Eyes wide shut?
    I don't wanna be a spoil sport or the likes, but the name of any stranger internet meet up has to be safety.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    For a moment there I thought I'd logged into Facebook by mistake.

. :D
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

Nice. What are you doing for it? To me, the cinema is sort of better if you're really nervous, but coffee is better if you want to get to know someone.

Good luck with it wherever it is though. I always used to be really nervous before, but never that nervous once I was actually on the date. He'll be nervous too though, so no worries.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member

Still with the negative nancy stuff, jesus :o
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not every woman wants to get married Michael
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the lovely replys everyone. I am meeting him in a busy pub, it turns out we only live 5 mins away from each other.:-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool....

Pof is full of guys that just want to get in your knickers.

Dont expect much. He will most likely be bashing your back doors in by date 2.

That's fine, I just want a bit of fun, nothing serious at moment.:D