Options

Katie Piper has a baby girl ,

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2581020/Overwhelmed-happiness-Katie-Piper-gives-birth-baby-girl-called-Belle-Elizabeth.html

Aww so happy for her, lovely inspirational woman who deserves all the happiness in the world !

Love the name as well.

Congratulations Katie and James

Comments

• Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Lovely news. Delighted for Katie & her partner.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic news! Love the baby's name. I hope this brings Katie more happiness than she could have ever dreamed of after all the suffering she has undergone. To think, at one point, she almost didn't live, let alone bring a new little life into the world. A little miracle and a testament to love and the strength of the human spirit. I know that sounds cheesy, but I think in Katie Piper's particular case, I think it's forgivable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry the link isn't working properly, not sure how to fix that :/
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Sorry the link isn't working properly, not sure how to fix that :/

Here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2581020/Overwhelmed-happiness-Katie-Piper-gives-birth-baby-girl-called-Belle-Elizabeth.html

Lovely news. So happy for them. :)

(re links, all you need to do is click on the 'link' (globe & chain icon) in the edit screen, paste the url address into it and it does the rest.)
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Katie Piper, so pleased for her! I love she gave her baby a sensible name too. Belle is gorgeous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awwww fantastic news gorgeous name :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2581020/Overwhelmed-happiness-Katie-Piper-gives-birth-baby-girl-called-Belle-Elizabeth.html

Lovely news. So happy for them. :)

(re links, all you need to do is click on the 'link' (globe & chain icon) in the edit screen, paste the url address into it and it does the rest.)

Thank you !
    Can't see that option on here, maybe because I'm on my phone.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely news :) Beautiful name too, I've always liked Belle.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful news - congrats to the proud parents! :)
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Fantastic news! Love the baby's name. I hope this brings Katie more happiness than she could have ever dreamed of after all the suffering she has undergone. To think, at one point, she almost didn't live, let alone bring a new little life into the world. A little miracle and a testament to love and the strength of the human spirit. I know that sounds cheesy, but I think in Katie Piper's particular case, I think it's forgivable.

Completely totally and utterly agree with you.:)
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is lovely news and so nice they have called the little one something normal unlike McCheesy Fletcher calling their poor child Buzz Michaelangelo. They must be bloody mental.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is lovely news and so nice they have called the little one something normal unlike McCheesy Fletcher calling their poor child Buzz Michaelangelo. They must be bloody mental.

I have a guinea pig called Buzz! :D

(More recently we call him Buzzy Bieber because he's an obnoxious little pig who's a wee bit reckless!) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McCheesy Fletcher calling their poor child Buzz Michaelangelo. They must be bloody mental.

Buzz Michaelangelo?!?!?!

That's by far one of the worst celeb baby names ever, up there with Bronx Mowgli, Buddy Bear, Pilot Inspektor, and Moon Unit.

What are these cretins thinking saddling their poor children with these names?
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to them both :)
  • Options
    SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said on here previously, I'm a huge fan of Katie's - when she appeared on telly that Thursday night in 2009, my dumper-bound life slowly started turning around. So I'm thrilled that now-mother and baby are safe and well. Hopefully we'll continue to get to monitor the way our beloved Katie develops as a mum and the good work and positive attitude she passes along to her daughter over the coming years. I'll spare you the currently-milling-around-my-head cheesy jokes about baby Belle, though I may as well reveal here that, were I ever to dupe someone into bearing me a daughter, I'd consider giving her the name Piper (it can be a first name, as in Perabo) in reference to the impact lovely Katie has had on my life. (A son would perhaps be called Carlton, or maybe Benson. But not Buzz. Never Buzz...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully we'll continue to get to monitor the way our beloved Katie develops as a mum

Bit creepy to actively want this, imho. It'll be one thing if Katie herself gives little updates without prompting but for even one person to actively want this without any sign it will or won't happen speaks volumes about how reality TV has taken over our lives to such an extent people automatically expect everyone and their dog to "share" their private life.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I saw this on Twitter.

Congratulations to the happy couple.
  • Options
    SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit creepy to actively want this, imho. It'll be one thing if Katie herself gives little updates without prompting but for even one person to actively want this without any sign it will or won't happen speaks volumes about how reality TV has taken over our lives to such an extent people automatically expect everyone and their dog to "share" their private life.

I wasn't intending to be creepy; I was referencing the fact that over the last few years, through her TV shows, books and magazine articles, we've been able to follow Katie's progress as she's grown and developed as a person in the years since her recovery; it's been quite heartening to see someone develop and grow as a person in a positive way, and motherhood will be a new change, a new chapter in her life, which could further evolve the way she sees the world; and in an era where the slew of over-sharing reality wannabes (the Kar-you-know-whos and suchlike) have choked the media with their often-only-vaguely-relevant presence, Katie is a breath of fresh air with her warm, kind, genuine personality - she's someone I'm always glad to see on TV or in a mag, and I want her to continue to have an uplifting, positive experience on the people of this often-troubled nation. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I genuinely like and admire Katie for the lovely person she is.
  • Options
    Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    It is lovely news about Katie. I admire her coming through all she has done. She is a real inspiration and has done so much with her charity.
    Looking through the Hello magazine that she was featured in last week with her baby. I can't help but wonder when you look at her she looks fabulous and looks so different and unrecognizable from the way she did look but she looks equally as fabulous now.
    But if she had not gone public and became a celeb and met her partner and had her baby then she would not in ten years time or less when her ex boyfriend gets out of prison maybe looking over her shoulder every five minutes.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is lovely news about Katie. I admire her coming through all she has done. She is a real inspiration and has done so much with her charity.
    Looking through the Hello magazine that she was featured in last week with her baby. I can't help but wonder when you look at her she looks fabulous and looks so different and unrecognizable from the way she did look but she looks equally as fabulous now.
    But if she had not gone public and became a celeb and met her partner and had her baby then she would not in ten years time or less when her ex boyfriend gets out of prison maybe looking over her shoulder every five minutes.

I don't wish to be picky, but considering the horrific attacks she went through and everything she had to endure after, chances are she would be watching over her shoulder. Thankfully Katie has had lots of support and therapy and can access it again should she spiral again.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad she's had such a wonderful upturn in her life afer what happened to her. Amazing lady.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the contrary, I think her becoming a public figure in the very courageous way she has will have made her 100 times stronger. Of course she'll never forget what happened but I think her ability to deal with whatever's in the future will have been hugely improved by her decision not to lie down and be a victim.

I suspect he'll be the one looking over his shoulder for the rest of his rotten life.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I'm glad she's had such a wonderful upturn in her life afer what happened to her. Amazing lady.

Isn't she just. Totally gorgeous.:)
  • Options
    Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    On the contrary, I think her becoming a public figure in the very courageous way she has will have made her 100 times stronger. Of course she'll never forget what happened but I think her ability to deal with whatever's in the future will have been hugely improved by her decision not to lie down and be a victim.

I suspect he'll be the one looking over his shoulder for the rest of his rotten life.

I agree with you. It's just that with Katie looking unrecognizable from the way she looked before the attack it was like being given a new identity and a chance of a new life instead of putting herself into the public eye and becoming a celeb where now everyone can recognize her.
    Her ex boyfriend would have never known what she looked like now. I'm looking at it from a safety aspect.