BBC Radio Norfolk's John Mills dies

Donald DallasDonald Dallas Posts: 3,546
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know that quite a lot of people in this forum are from East Anglia, so I'd imagine that you might have heard of him.

He was a real gent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2006/03/03/radio_norfolk_john_mills_tribute_feature.shtml

Comments

• FootlessMichaelFootlessMichael Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a huge loss as you say Donald. I often listened to John, inbetween Louise Priest and Roy Waller when I was in the Norfolk/Norwich area.

Very sad news. RIP :(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a huge loss as you say Donald. I often listened to John, inbetween Louise Priest and Roy Waller when I was in the Norfolk/Norwich area.

Very sad news. RIP :(

That really is very sad news. My wife and daughter were both born in Norfolk and I lived there at the end of the 60's and then again from 1980-1988 when I commuted daily to Radio Luxembourg, so remember the programmes well. I did almost work there as well at one point in that decade. It was (and I am sure it still is) a very good local radio station.
  • Radio NorthseaRadio Northsea Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    John was a fine and very knowledgeable broadcaster who made such a difference to his listeners problems. I understand he also worked for Radio 4 in the past as well.
    RIP John - you will be missed.