Sophie Anderton - self-centred and unaware of the term 'irony'

pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
Forum Member
I don't know if anyone saw the Kate Moss programme on Sky last night, but one of the zelebs giving their opinion was that other, er, supermodel, Sophie Anderton. Of course, we know that Soph has also had similar substance abuse problems to La Moss - so obviously the producers thought that Anderton could give us an insider's view of things.

Naturally, Anderton raged and raved about the unfairness of the Moss sting (perhaps she is unaware of the fact that Rupert Murdoch owns the Sky channel, as well as the News of The World that broke the Moss-Frost-Taylor lesbian shennanigans). Needless to say, Sophie declared she and Kate were like two peas in a pod when it came to their treatment by the tabloids:

'The tabloid editors just want beautiful women on the front cover with drug problems...like me and Kate....people who sell stories to papers are scum...your privacy has been invaded..it it like being raped.'

Now, Sophie - how many times have you sold your story to the papers/OK/Hello? Indeed, wasn't it you who 'revealed' that you had worked as a prostitute, 'revealed' that you had a mammoth cocaine problem, sold the story about your 'dreadful' childhood, chattered about the night you tried to kill yourself, had a story in Hello about reuniting with your long lost Dad and finally appeared on a reality programme that's main premise is watching zelebrities eat insects? Or do you think, like so may zelebs, that you should only have publicity when it suits you? Who's the 'rapist' now, Sophie?

Comments

• lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent post, Pants! I didn't manage to watch the programme last night, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that zelebs such as SA will use the press as and when necesary and then slag them off when they want a bit more attention. She's pathetic. She's just jumped on the publicity bandwagon to get her face plastered over a few more tabloids. :mad:

And as for alikening it to rape, well maybe she'd like to work with real victims of rape and then see what a stupid, exaggerated, crass, insensitive, juvenile comment she has made. Getting yourself plastered all over the press on purpose and making a choice to snort coke is self-inflicted. Rape is not. God, I wish these stupid dumb zelebs would just shut up. :mad:
  • FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God this woman! She has cashed in on every aspect of her pathetic, pointless life, her battle with booze, coke and her relationship break ups. Can she really be this shallow, vain, stupid and hypocrical..??
    It would seem the answer is yes.
  • pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    lots2do wrote:
    Excellent post, Pants! I didn't manage to watch the programme last night, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that zelebs such as SA will use the press as and when necesary and then slag them off when they want a bit more attention. She's pathetic. She's just jumped on the publicity bandwagon to get her face plastered over a few more tabloids. :mad:

And as for alikening it to rape, well maybe she'd like to work with real victims of rape and then see what a stupid, exaggerated, crass, insensitive, juvenile comment she has made. Getting yourself plastered all over the press on purpose and making a choice to snort coke is self-inflicted. Rape is not. God, I wish these stupid dumb zelebs would just shut up. :mad:

I thought it was a disgusting phrase for her to use - OK it might not be particularly nice to have your face splashed all over the tabloids (although no doubt she would have loved to have had the same attention), but how it can be equated to rape is mind-boggling.

Secondly - one has to ask - how much did you get paid to appear and comment on the Kate Moss programme, Sophie? I bet Kate Moss hasn't ever said one word to you apart from 'Hi'.
  • SherazSheraz Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone saw the Kate Moss programme on Sky last night, but one of the zelebs giving their opinion was that other, er, supermodel, Sophie Anderton. Of course, we know that Soph has also had similar substance abuse problems to La Moss - so obviously the producers thought that Anderton could give us an insider's view of things.

Naturally, Anderton raged and raved about the unfairness of the Moss sting (perhaps she is unaware of the fact that Rupert Murdoch owns the Sky channel, as well as the News of The World that broke the Moss-Frost-Taylor lesbian shennanigans). Needless to say, Sophie declared she and Kate were like two peas in a pod when it came to their treatment by the tabloids:

'The tabloid editors just want beautiful women on the front cover with drug problems...like me and Kate....people who sell stories to papers are scum...your privacy has been invaded..it it like being raped.'

Now, Sophie - how many times have you sold your story to the papers/OK/Hello? Indeed, wasn't it you who 'revealed' that you had worked as a prostitute, 'revealed' that you had a mammoth cocaine problem, sold the story about your 'dreadful' childhood, chattered about the night you tried to kill yourself, had a story in Hello about reuniting with your long lost Dad and finally appeared on a reality programme that's main premise is watching zelebrities eat insects? Or do you think, like so may zelebs, that you should only have publicity when it suits you? Who's the 'rapist' now, Sophie?

As you can suppose i didn't watch it and i don't care of this Sophie i don't know who she is but your post made me remember that Max Clifford that some here seems to respect for his PR works) :rolleyes: was the one who suggest that Moss should do an interview ans to try to bring the public sympathy for her cause, i doubt that if Moss done one in interview it will work the sympathie thing ;)
  • OuchthathurtOuchthathurt Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I watched the programme and thought Anderton's remarks were stupid and insensitive. Any person who has really been raped would have found the analogy insulting in the extreme.

Sophie struck me as the typical celeb trying to jump on the bandwagon and thinking it cool to support a fellow drug addict. Her comments were uninformed and pointless. All I kept thinking was 'For god's sake woman, I don't care. Shut up!'.

The man from the men's mag (GQ or something?) was trying hard to be impartial and managed to struggle his way through a fairly credible sizing up of the whole fiasco, but you could see he was hovering in the realms of 'Kate Moss is hot stuff, so why doesn't everyone shut up and leave her alone'.

The older women on the feature, one of whom is a celebrity divorce lawyer, were actually the most sensible. The lawyer maintained that celebrities get into trouble for the plain and simple reason is, they are bored. They have everything they need and more and then they start looking for the extra buzz. This often leads to drugs and then drugs leads to extremes of everything else, including sexual adventuring.

The two journalists, both of whom were apparently at the 30th birthday bash orgy were also quite sensible, they neither slagged Kate off, nor did they defend her. One of them pointed out that since Kate had been an overnight darling of the fashion world since she was 15, she had never had a chance at a normal teenagehood or life, which is quite true. She never got to do the things that other 15 year old girls do, including dating boys and therefore her view of how life goes is rather skewed.

Apart from La Anderton slurping and drooling her way through defending Moss, the other one who shocked me was the magazine girl who literally drooled her way through the whole thing. She appeared to be defending Moss's right to do and be anything she wanted to the hilt on the grounds that Moss was beautiful, world famous and therefore should be exempt from the same rules as the rest of us. She thought the fashion houses "Deserted Kate in her hour of need". Dear heaven above. She rhapsodised so much about Kate I got the impression that had she (Kate) wandered in and vaguely suggested a sex session, this magazine girl would have been in there like a shot. Her tongue was practically hanging out. It was obscene.

However, I think what shocked me about most of the contributors was the overwhelming opinion that taking Class A drugs, which are illegal and for most other people being caught with them would result in a jail sentence, was a normal, acceptable part of the celebrity world. The consensus appeared to be "What is all the fuss about? Doesn't everyone take these drugs? After all they're all over the place."

Well I for one don't and never have taken drugs apart from when I was allowed to take cannabis during my chemotherapy to deal with the extreme pain I was having (my hair follicles and finger nails even hurt after I had the treatment, I used to babble incoherently with the pain). That's my only flirtation with drugs. And I know many people who have also never taken drugs. Thousands, no millions of people get by without taking illegal drugs every single day. Are celebrities so pathetic and needy then, that they can't live their lives without being high all the time? No wonder they're always bed-hopping and getting divorced.

:rolleyes:
  • GuccinaraGuccinara Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that bird just drives me nuts saw her on gmtv this morning. if it wasnt for im a celebrity i wud never have heard of her i only know about her coke addiction from her going on about it nobody else so her putting herself in KM's league she can dream on. i know of not 1 contract she lost (did she ever have any?) cos of her habit.

she goes on about how hard her life is. and she always seems 2 have 2 lean on 1 man or another to get her thru everything, as has already been posted she hasnt been raped she prostituted her a/se to the media.

i trust that somebody has put her on the needy/clingy celeb post!

she's pathetic :mad: and when she cut her hair off that was a big mistake. i like her eyebrows tho
  • chrisgoughchrisgough Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    . .

However, I think what shocked me about most of the contributors was the overwhelming opinion that taking Class A drugs, which are illegal and for most other people being caught with them would result in a jail sentence, was a normal, acceptable part of the celebrity world. :

But she was not caught with them. The police did not raid the recording studio and she has never been charged with possession or intent to supply.
    The same rules would apply to you or I.
    If I went to the police with a grainy photo of you snorting something, they could not arrest you for it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a thread on this in TV programmes and GD last night as I was so cross at her 'rape' line. I did look in here to see if anyone else had done a thread, but they hadn't, so thought it would be okay to put it where I did?

If you look at said threads, you'll see basically I agree, as did a few others.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=286928

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=5775726#post5775726

*puts on invisibility cloak*

p.s...sorry to be grouchy, I just got up. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisgough wrote:
    But she was not caught with them. The police did not raid the recording studio and she has never been charged with possession or intent to supply.
    The same rules would apply to you or I.
    If I went to the police with a grainy photo of you snorting something, they could not arrest you for it.

Yes I realise she wasn't caught with them, but does that make the apparent condoning of the flagrant and extravagant use of these drugs on a regular basis right?

Apparently it must do. I've obviously missed out on a whole gratuitous section of life. Where on earth was I when the cocaine was being cut?

Oh yeah. I was busy fighting for my country in foreign wars. Silly old me. Just think of all the fun I could have been having!

:rolleyes: :D
    Forum Member
    Bohochick wrote:
    I did a thread on this in TV programmes and GD last night as I was so cross at her 'rape' line. I did look in here to see if anyone else had done a thread, but they hadn't, so thought it would be okay to put it where I did?

If you look at said threads, you'll see basically I agree, as did a few others.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=286928

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=5775726#post5775726

*puts on invisibility cloak*

p.s...sorry to be grouchy, I just got up. :(

Perhaps the mods can amalgamate the posts? Sorry to ignore your other threads, BC, it weren't intentional. :)

Glad there are others who were p***** off about the Anderton comments, she was out of order, the stupid stuck-up cow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the mods can amalgamate the posts? Sorry to ignore your other threads, BC, it weren't intentional. :)

Glad there are others who were p***** off about the Anderton comments, she was out of order, the stupid stuck-up cow!

Yes, sorry. :) I am just grouchy today. :rolleyes: I got told off so many times by posters when I first started on here for duplicating threads that I am very careful to search or check now before I start a new one which I did last night! :D

However, back OT I do agree with you in that I am glad it wasn't just me that got very cross at this comment.
  • chrisgoughchrisgough Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Yes I realise she wasn't caught with them, but does that make the apparent condoning of the flagrant and extravagant use of these drugs on a regular basis right?

Apparently it must do. I've obviously missed out on a whole gratuitous section of life. Where on earth was I when the cocaine was being cut?

Oh yeah. I was busy fighting for my country in foreign wars. Silly old me. Just think of all the fun I could have been having!

:rolleyes: :D

Of course cocaine consumption is not right. I never said it was. I was responding to your post which said that normal people would be locked up for doing what she did and she gets away with it because she is Kate Moss. I said they would need to be caught with the drugs on them. That was all.

It isn't right, but the police can't go around arresting people on the basis of a grainy photo.
    Forum Member
    Bohochick wrote:
    Yes, sorry. :) I am just grouchy today. :rolleyes: I got told off so many times by posters when I first started on here for duplicating threads that I am very careful to search or check now before I start a new one which I did last night! :D

However, back OT I do agree with you in that I am glad it wasn't just me that got very cross at this comment.

Yes, I did think that I should have posted on an old Sophie Anderton thread, or even in the Kate Moss thread, but her comments were so outrageous I eventually felt they warranted a thread of their own in showbiz. I hope it gives her negative publicity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I did think that I should have posted on an old Sophie Anderton thread, or even in the Kate Moss thread, but her comments were so outrageous I eventually felt they warranted a thread of their own in showbiz. I hope it gives her negative publicity.

Yeah I agree. That is why I did it in TV to talk about the programme and then the other in GD as I get so cross at how celebs bandy words about and was so angry she said that being written about in a paper was the same as rape.

Still, all solved...no worries. Great minds think alike hey!:D
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a stupid thing to say, and unfair for genuine rape victims, especially as she appears to take advantage of the media's desire to use photos of attractive women with a bit of scandal about them.

I would say, however, that having your private life splashed all over the national press is a horrible invasion of privacy, and safety issues aside, it's comparable with having your home broken into and having strangers rifling through your underwear drawer and reading your diary. Just because some zelebs are proud to announce their every misdemeanour because it gets them in the papers shouldn't stop us from recognising that a lot of famous people don't want things they considered to be personal to them to become public tittle-tattle.

Whether she wanted it or not, Kate's job made her an icon, and therefore people cannot and should not ignore her drug taking, however she never actively used her private life to promote her image or make money. She has never given interviews about any of her famous boyfriends, and she managed to avoid exclusively introducing her baby to OK readers. For that reason, once everyone has worked out that we don't want to condone drug abuse, she should be given a break.

It's unfortunate that it looks like the best chance she has of rescueing her career is to bow to pressure and give interviews to build up a bit of sympathy. All the papers, magazines and chat shows want her story, and they'll reward her for giving them the exclusive and punish her if she keeps quiet or goes elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisgough wrote:
    Of course cocaine consumption is not right. I never said it was. I was responding to your post which said that normal people would be locked up for doing what she did and she gets away with it because she is Kate Moss. I said they would need to be caught with the drugs on them. That was all.

It isn't right, but the police can't go around arresting people on the basis of a grainy photo.

Aw hun, I'm sorry, the bits about missing out weren't actually aimed at you, although I realise it must have looked like that. I was just venting at the attitude of those idiot contributors last night.

Of course you're right that she'd need to be caught with the drugs on her and I have a feeling this is why she cut and run so quickly after the police said they would investigate. I reckon they'd have been watching her every move and it wouldn't have taken much for them to raid her house/apartment. .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And, on the topic of the Andertonmeister, anyone noticed she's still going on about that darned ex-boyfriend Mark of hers in her Reveal column. my nose is feeling well and truly rubbed in that and im not even jealous of that meaty hound she used to shag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw hun, I'm sorry, the bits about missing out weren't actually aimed at you, although I realise it must have looked like that. I was just venting at the attitude of those idiot contributors last night.

Of course you're right that she'd need to be caught with the drugs on her and I have a feeling this is why she cut and run so quickly after the police said they would investigate. I reckon they'd have been watching her every move and it wouldn't have taken much for them to raid her house/apartment. .

Well one would think the police had more important crimes ot worry about... frankly.... people have been tossing drugs for thousands of years and weill continue to do so..all this moralised outrage is sooo stupid.
    Go and look in your bathroom bet there are potentially lethal drugs i there too..they are called "medication".. taken in large doeses they too can bugger you up... oh yeah right..they are legal....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post, I hate her I dunno why she is/was selling her story all over the place and is still going on about it. Wish they would have their bloody drug problems in private.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewing wrote:
    Well one would think the police had more important crimes ot worry about... frankly.... people have been tossing drugs for thousands of years and weill continue to do so..all this moralised outrage is sooo stupid.
    Go and look in your bathroom bet there are potentially lethal drugs i there too..they are called "medication".. taken in large doeses they too can bugger you up... oh yeah right..they are legal....

Yes they are probably potentially lethal :D Since I am a cancer patient with severely damaged lungs, Depleted uranium in my bones and petroleum particles now settled nicely into my fatty tissues, I have to take quite a lot of medication just to keep me breathing and on my feet. I have the good sense to make sure that I stick to the prescribed dosage. I imagine they might bugger me up, but then it's Hobson's choice for me really, since if I don't take them I will probably die anyway.

What's Kate Moss's excuse?

Shall I throw them away, or am I now in the Kate Moss league do you think? Perhaps I should hide away somewhere or book myself into Rehab! :D:D:D Or apply for a place in the Moss Posse.

I can just see the rehab doctor's faces now. The puzzled looks. "Precisely what drugs do you take that you need to dry out from?"

Then I give them a list. It would almost be worth it for the amusement value.

I could take umbrage at your comments, but then you don't know my personal circumstances so it would be pointless. As for moralised outrage, well okay I get it. Kate Moss is a vulnerable young person who has made a mistake by inadvertently taking Class A drugs which are actually illegal. She should be instantly forgiven all of her sins (whatever they might be, bless her cotton socks) and raised to the status of a Goddess who can do no wrong.

Oh.....wait.....she already has, hasn't she?

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a moment -(after the "rape" comment) Sophie looked like she realised she had said a very stupid and insenstive thing. But that moment passed and it was on to her favourite subject of herself again! She looked rough as old dogs as well.
    Forum Member
    There's been a few comments about it on the PopBitch message boards today as well. Let's hope her stupid tactless comments are really picked up upon and she gets some bad press.:mad:
  • FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been a few comments about it on the PopBitch message boards today as well. Let's hope her stupid tactless comments are really picked up upon and she gets some bad press.:mad:

Yup - hope she's freezed out of the fickle world of "Zeleb" in the same way Anthea Turner was after that disaster that was her Ok wedding photos/advertisment for chocolate bars. Does anyone here feel sorry for her..? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This on sky showbiz: (Sophie Anderton)
    Sophie Anderton also spent time at The Meadows clinic. She told Closer: "The first three weeks were the toughest of my life. I had to get up every day at 6am for breakfast. Bedtime was at 9pm after yoga. The days were filled with individual and group therapy sessions based on the 12-step programme. I even had to pretend to be a tree - Kate will need her English sense of humour for that.

"But she's a sweet girl - whenever I've worked with her, she's been totally professional.

"Within six months I was back on coke because I didn't cut out my druggie friends. Kate needs to get rid of her friends if they take drugs, including her boyfriend Pete Doherty, and be single."

Man oh man. That woman just loves the sound of her own voice!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Was it Sophie Anderton who was continually coked up with Marc Bosnich the footballer? If it was - I can remember thinking what a sad twat then.

I found her comments not just stupid last night but pretty offensive aswell. :mad: