Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Tarot wrote: »
    It's still Holidays Are Coming but I don't know if it's a new remix or not; it seemed quite short, they could have cut it down to size this year. The Xmas advert that stood out for me tonight was the new Iceland ad, with the original version of Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka as the soundtrack.

Hope the Coca Cola song isnt a remix...
    From a number of years ago (?) I did like the Coke ad where Santa gives a little girl some Coca Cola and then years later, as an old lady she visits him with her granddaughter or something :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just had the utterly unfortunate experience of witnessing the John Lewis ad
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm laughing at the Aero advert more bubbles than ever eh?

So less chocolate in them then :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    Kenco Millicano :mad:

Where the woman walks into the classroom and snatches :mad: the tin of coffee from the teacher :mad:

Unbelievable !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    There is an advert talking about some tomato, lonely and rolling in the fridge. Don't know what its advertising but it's very, very.. strange. Please tell me I'm not imagining it.

Also the new Windows (I think) one with the song that goes something like 'as hot as fire as cold as ice' in a very twee, way too girly voice.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,146
    Forum Member
    John Lewis ad = shite!

What the hell is it f**king advertising? The fact that you can get a pair of red gloves from there?:mad:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twimp2 wrote: »
    There is an advert talking about some tomato, lonely and rolling in the fridge. Don't know what its advertising but it's very, very.. strange. Please tell me I'm not imagining it.

Also the new Windows (I think) one with the song that goes something like 'as hot as fire as cold as ice' in a very twee, way too girly voice.

That song is called Everything At Once by Lenka, she also sings a song called Heart Skips A Beat that's being used for an advert too; she must be popular with the ad guys at the moment :)
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand that new John Lewis advert, and not because it's ruined the power of love (simple because I can't understand a word that woman is singing and the piano lounge arrangement is so far removed from the original), but because it the same old tired bulls**t of trying to manipulate the overly emotional via telling a little emotional story.

And let's be honest, for all those people who 'get' this advert - cause it doesn't work for me - how many of them will actually bother to travel to a John Lewis store, cause John Lewis is only in the major cities & M&S (very similar type of store) is in every provincial town throughout the country.
    Forum Member
    I'm sticking with ALDI
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    One name, and you'll know what I mean...

Kevin Bacon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    One name, and you'll know what I mean...

Kevin Bacon.

Kevin 'Centre Of The Universe' Bacon :D
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member

Well, tbh, I hadn't really heard of him before this ad...
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh! I hate The New Toy R Us advert! It's very annoying, I miss the old one!:mad:
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grrrrrrrrrrr John Lewis butchering a great song.
    Forum Member
    They could take the crappest song ever written and make it worse!
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homebase ad with that stupid bloody French pop tune with the whistling...makes we want to destroy something everytime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrrrrr John Lewis butchering a great song.

Gabrielle Aplin's version of The Power Of Love is in the charts already; the advert's only been on for a couple of nights :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always look forward to the John Lewis Christmas advert, but this year, it's so wrong on every level.
  • Bamber BoozlerBamber Boozler Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    The John Lewis ad. The idea of the advert is quite clever, but it's totally ruined by that awful cover version of 'The Power of Love'. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member

I think Roger the Alien was a better Kevin Bacon than Kevin Bacon
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Roger the Alien was a better Kevin Bacon than Kevin Bacon

:D:D:D:D:D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8gn2feM0q1qz8ui7o1_1280.jpg
  • BadWigeonBadWigeon Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet Victor. Apart from bring generally excruciating, it also seems to make light of a man so off his face on coffee he keeps falling asleep, while driving.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pair of 15 year old insulation sales twits ring up a housewife and yatter while she has a slow relaxing coffee or something. Then she asks them to ring back tomorrow. Why?

I don't even remember the product, that's how successful an ad it is.
  • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still Holidays Are Coming but I don't know if it's a new remix or not; it seemed quite short, they could have cut it down to size this year.

Ever since Coca-Cola began broadcasting the 'Christmas Caravan' advert again a few years ago it has always been a shortened version. The music has been edited to remove references to 'Always Coca-Cola', you may also notice that the rear of the last truck visible to the boy has been edited so it doesn't animate or feature the aforementioned slogan. I find these edits to be rather disrespectful.

The original advert that the current edited version is based was first broadcast in 1997.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOkebAmCF8

For comparison, here is the current edited version (albeit, the end has been modified to incorporate the 'Open Happiness' slogan).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veR_zVm3uk4
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The John Lewis ad. The idea of the advert is quite clever, but it's totally ruined by that awful cover version of 'The Power of Love'. :mad:

They are using it far too much, only watched it once but seem to have seen it on lots of times already (sound was down so ignored it).
This discussion has been closed.