• Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bad way, surely theres the only way!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Actually I think they did both feel bad but they are both rationalizing their behaviour. Both girls seem to be in a lot of pain and I think that's why they were lashing out in the first place. I don't think they are monsters their just miserable and behaving monstrous.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I think they did both feel bad but they are both rationalizing their behaviour. Both girls seem to be in a lot of pain and I think that's why they were lashing out in the first place. I don't think they are monsters their just miserable and behaving monstrous.

No, Ruby mouthing "Selfish Bitch or Die Bitch" to Esther she as she was hospitalised was the behaviour of a sick monster. There is no way back for her.
  • Options
    davidjohn1985davidjohn1985 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    They are MONSTERS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, Ruby mouthing "Selfish Bitch or Die Bitch" to Esther she as she was hospitalised was the behaviour of a sick monster. There is no way back for her.

Well villagers lets get the pitchforks and flaming torchs!

If you guys remember Ruby's fiance died in her arms. She can't blame Maddie because she's dead and Esther has become her focal point. I think hating Esther is the actually the only think that's keeping her going otherwise I think her despair would have overtaken her and she might have tried to kill herself after the crash. I'm not saying that her behaviour is justified at all but I can understand why she's behaving the way she's behaving. That doesn't mean I'm excusing it.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member

If you guys remember Ruby's fiance died in her arms. She can't blame Maddie because she's dead and Esther has become her focal point. I think hating Esther is the actually the only think that's keeping her going otherwise I think her despair would have overtaken her and she might have tried to kill herself after the crash. I'm not saying that her behaviour is justified at all but I can understand why she's behaving the way she's behaving. That doesn't mean I'm excusing it.

So what was the excuse before the accident? The bullying had been going on long before any of that occurred.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it was "stupid bitch". I wouldn't go as far as to call her a monster but she needs to be punished for her dispicable behaviour towards Esther and made to see that actually, the reason Jono died was because of the breaks on the mini bus being faulty and whether or not Bart and Esther were driving alongside them made absolutely no difference to the fact they were going to crash, as well as the fact little Leah was in the middle of the road.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So what was the excuse before the accident? The bullying had been going on long before any of that occurred.

It wasn't really going on from Ruby. She was following Maddie and actually seemed genuinely bothered whenever she had been involved in something that hurt Esther. From Ruby it never cut and dry. The death of Jono is what really made Ruby hate Esther. Prior to that even though they had ups and downs she did seem to care.

Sinead is something else though. I can't remember why her and Esther fell out. But I wasn't watching that much over the summer.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    It wasn't really going on from Ruby. She was following Maddie and actually seemed genuinely bothered whenever she had been involved in something that hurt Esther. From Ruby it never cut and dry. The death of Jono is what really made Ruby hate Esther. Prior to that even though they had ups and downs she did seem to care.

Sinead is something else though. I can't remember why her and Esther fell out. But I wasn't watching that much over the summer.

Ruby had been more active in the bullying before the accident the minute she thought that Maddie and Sinead would push her out too. Trying to condone her actions by using Jono as an excuse is a non-starter for me I'm afraid.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they send Ruby away when the truth comes out.:mad:
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad thing is Sinead was never like this until the storyline started. I think its ruined her. Unless she is the one who finally brings Ruby down but then Ruby wasn't this bad either to be honest.

Perhaps killing Maddie mid story was wrong.
  • Options
    Anna_WAnna_W Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the rubbish with this all" Jono was Love of Ruby's" life. They didn't get back together until a month before the crash, he was soooo in love with Lola in September and , earlier on, he was simply embarrassed being with her, because such a big age gap - one year!
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    I think it was "stupid bitch". I wouldn't go as far as to call her a monster but she needs to be punished for her dispicable behaviour towards Esther and made to see that actually, the reason Jono died was because of the breaks on the mini bus being faulty and whether or not Bart and Esther were driving alongside them made absolutely no difference to the fact they were going to crash, as well as the fact little Leah was in the middle of the road.

It was the minibus driving over a rock that caused the accident and that only happened because Bart was chasing them. They blamed the past faulty breaks just to close the police investigation, but they made it clear during the episode that the minibus went over a rock, then Maddie said that the breaks weren't working.
    Sad thing is Sinead was never like this until the storyline started. I think its ruined her. Unless she is the one who finally brings Ruby down but then Ruby wasn't this bad either to be honest.

Perhaps killing Maddie mid story was wrong.

Sinead has always been a nasty cow, the way she treated Jason was horrible, not as bad as the way she is treating Esther, but still very bad.

Sinead isn't a nice character, but she is played by a good actress and I kind of thought she felt guilty but was putting up a show because Ruby showed no guilt, as well as thinking about herself and what people would think of her, so she is putting on a act.

But I do hope they don't get rid of her, I want to see her get kicked out of 6th form, which damages her vet career, with a baby and the truth of Rhys being the father coming out, everyone knowing she is a bully and her struggling to get her life together after everything she has done. Far better to see the consequences of someone's actions rather than getting rid of the character, especially when she is a good actress.

I am not sure about Ruby though, I can't see how she can survive when she has no family around and she can't keep living with the Osbornes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I hope they end up realising what a twisted bitch their 'leader' was but you know... stupid is as stupid does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna_W wrote: »
    What's the rubbish with this all" Jono was Love of Ruby's" life. They didn't get back together until a month before the crash, he was soooo in love with Lola in September and , earlier on, he was simply embarrassed being with her, because such a big age gap - one year!

It's laughable isn't it?
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

I honestly do not care how much pain they're in. They started bullying Esther long before that, before Maddie even (who seemed to reignite).

They're selfish bitches that need to pay for their actions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    It was the minibus driving over a rock that caused the accident and that only happened because Bart was chasing them. They blamed the past faulty breaks just to close the police investigation, but they made it clear during the episode that the minibus went over a rock, then Maddie said that the breaks weren't working.

Sinead has always been a nasty cow, the way she treated Jason was horrible, not as bad as the way she is treating Esther, but still very bad.

Sinead isn't a nice character, but she is played by a good actress and I kind of thought she felt guilty but was putting up a show because Ruby showed no guilt, as well as thinking about herself and what people would think of her, so she is putting on a act.

But I do hope they don't get rid of her, I want to see her get kicked out of 6th form, which damages her vet career, with a baby and the truth of Rhys being the father coming out, everyone knowing she is a bully and her struggling to get her life together after everything she has done. Far better to see the consequences of someone's actions rather than getting rid of the character, especially when she is a good actress.

I am not sure about Ruby though, I can't see how she can survive when she has no family around and she can't keep living with the Osbornes.

But Tony had crashed that same minibus before the teen accident happened? And I distinctly remember Cheryl pointing out at the hospital that the breaks on the bus were faulty and it should never have been on the road.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruby is one bitch.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruby had been more active in the bullying before the accident the minute she thought that Maddie and Sinead would push her out too. Trying to condone her actions by using Jono as an excuse is a non-starter for me I'm afraid.

That's not really true. Ruby had gone along with the bullying to stop her being outcasted by Sinea and Maddie, it makes her silly and naive etc but she wasnt an instigator and she showed a regret over the bullying before. However since Jono's death that has gone to pot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But Tony had crashed that same minibus before the teen accident happened? And I distinctly remember Cheryl pointing out at the hospital that the breaks on the bus were faulty and it should never have been on the road.

That is true, but during the chase they focused on this quite big rock that the bus bumped over, then straight after Maddie said that the breaks weren't working. They got that far with Maddie having to use the breaks, it was only at that point that the breaks failed. To the characters, they would have thought that it was the fault of the breaks from before after Cheryl mentioned it, but the viewers saw that Maddie only lost the breaks after driving over the rock, which Maddie would have been able to have seen if she wasn't distracted by Bart chasing her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's not really true. Ruby had gone along with the bullying to stop her being outcasted by Sinea and Maddie, it makes her silly and naive etc but she wasnt an instigator and she showed a regret over the bullying before. However since Jono's death that has gone to pot!

I can't remember what it was, but Ruby did set up a prank against Esther to suck up to Maddie. So it wasn't just Ruby going along with things, she was also bullying Esther to suck up to Maddie.

She also set up nasty pranks against Esther just for a laugh before Maddie was even around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    That is true, but during the chase they focused on this quite big rock that the bus bumped over, then straight after Maddie said that the breaks weren't working. They got that far with Maddie having to use the breaks, it was only at that point that the breaks failed. To the characters, they would have thought that it was the fault of the breaks from before after Cheryl mentioned it, but the viewers saw that Maddie only lost the breaks after driving over the rock, which Maddie would have been able to have seen if she wasn't distracted by Bart chasing her.

I took the rock bumping to be the reason Maddie NOTICED the breaks weren't working. If they'd already failed on Tony and caused him to crash then they were going to fail on Maddie at some point and cause the same thing, rock or no rock.

Also, another point needing to be made to Ruby and Sinead was that BART was driving, not Esther. If Bart hadn't of agreed to drive, they would never have chased them in the first place.
    Not that I blame Bart for the crash either but Ruby and Sinead seem to have completely disregarded this. Even Bart himself had guilt for it.
  • Options
    Vera BennettVera Bennett Posts: 432
    Forum Member

and what was Rubys reasons for being vile as she was long before Johno even appeared in Hollyoaks. She used to lie, cheat, steal, upset and bully people long long before the words Maddie or Johno were ever mentioned.
    And SInead is just as bad and as sick.

These two better not get off with this evil behaviour - thats exactly what it is - evil.
  • Options
    Vera BennettVera Bennett Posts: 432
    Forum Member

A very very little amount, maybe slightly guilty but nothing more than that - did she do anything to stop it did she heck. Like I say she was pure evil before Maddie and Johno ever appeared and Sinead is the same.