Andy Carroll signs for West Ham on a 6 year deal.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
Forum Member
✭✭
Just been confirmed on Talksport. Fee is between £15m-£15.5m with the option to rise to £17m.

Wages of £80k a week.

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had to be done for everyone's sake really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It had to be done for everyone's sake really.

Yes and I'm quite relieved that it's not Newcastle we ended selling him back to at such a financial loss.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liverpool have done really well to recoup alot of the transfer fee imo

good move for everyone
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    He has the potential to be a very good player, providing his injury problems can clear up a bit. Too much money for such a big risk, but I hope it works out for him.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the money Liverpool are still (apparently I hasten to add) paying him. 10k a week for the rest of his 5 year contract is what I heard plus a 2m payoff?.

The saga might be over in the sense that he's no longer their player but perahaps Liverpool will still be counting the costs.
  • Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how all of a sudden Liverpool and Newcastle supporters don't want him.

A 24 year old England International? - Very strange - Ha Ha Ha Ha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil S wrote: »

I was always in two minds about Andy Carroll. I would have had him back to Newcastle if only because I kept remembering how I felt when he left the club!:o
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I was always in two minds about Andy Carroll. I would have had him back to Newcastle if only because I kept remembering how I felt when he left the club!:o

I would have been very happy seeing him back at Newcastle as well for sure.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the reasons Newcastle fans didn't want him was that it would encourage Pardew to play hoof it long to Carroll football, which suits Allardyce perfectly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and I'm quite relieved that it's not Newcastle we ended selling him back to at such a financial loss.

I don't know - Joke In 'Ere might have given us a bit more than the £35m !!! :eek:

Never really worked out for him in a red shirt for various reasons, hopefully he can do a job for the Hammers - except when he comes back for a visit in December of course
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame would have loved him back at nufc :(. We should have just swallowed our pride and coughed up for his wages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame would have loved him back at nufc :(. We should have just swallowed our pride and coughed up for his wages.

Andy Carroll was one of us once, but we can do better for less.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Andy Carroll was one of us once, but we can do better for less.
    Well I can't really see any strikers of reasonable merit joining us after this Jo kinnear debacle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As a Liverpool fan I wish nothing but the best for Andy, and I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority of us too. Hardly his fault that he ended up with us and was then unused, we liked the guy, and when he plays us at home no way will he get other than a welcome at Anfield.

You might think it's all "Ha Ha Ha Ha", but not us nor St James Park will laugh over the guy.
  • man_bear_pigman_bear_pig Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I think the reasons Newcastle fans didn't want him was that it would encourage Pardew to play hoof it long to Carroll football, which suits Allardyce perfectly

Or it could be the fact that he has a p*ss poor goal scoring record .
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Crazy move by West Ham.

£15m and £80k a week? Bloody hell!
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan I wish nothing but the best for Andy, and I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority of us too. Hardly his fault that he ended up with us and was then unused, we liked the guy, and when he plays us at home no way will he get other than a welcome at Anfield.

You might think it's all "Ha Ha Ha Ha", but not us nor St James Park will laugh over the guy.

He played over 40 games for Liverpool. That's not 'unused'.

The problem is he's very limited and his movement is awful. West Ham are absolute nutters for spending that kind of money on him. I wish him well but I can't say ill be sorry to see him go.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't get how West Ham can afford to sign him on those wages and pay that transfer fee!
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Two clubs have spent a total of 50m on Andy Carroll.

Andy Carroll. 50m.