Options

The Complete 50th Anniversary Boxset - September 8th 2014

Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
Forum Member
Been finally confirmed for a release.

Cover ...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/411e9d2dd7b6e261f92ada7dfa2e10b5/tumblr_n99n94X5Bq1qf8sfoo1_500.jpg

Content ...

The Name of the Doctor
The Night of the Doctor
The Day of the Doctor
The Time of the Doctor
An Adventure in Space & Time
The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot
Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide
The Science of Doctor Who
Doctor Who Proms 2013
The Last Day
The Day of the Doctor Readthrough
The Day of the Doctor Cinema Intros
Deleted Scenes
Behind-the-Scenes action
BBC America Documentary: Tales from the Tardis
BBC America Documentary: Farewell to Matt Smith

You can pre-order at the BBCShop

Comments

• Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ORDERED. I can't wait to watch AAISAT again in glorious blu ray. The Five(ish) Doctors is class and I seriously can't wait for its sequel :)
    Use code RP0714 to get the blu ray for £28.79 ;:cool:
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered and got the £3.20 discount using the promo-code courtesy of Dr jake young over on the 2014 Classic Series DVD Releases thread.
    Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My order says back ordered, does it say that for anyone else? Does this mean I might not get it because it's sold out or is it another term for pre ordered?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Just pre-ordered the Blu-Ray set from Amazon UK. Really looks like a good set. Can't wait to watch it all come September.
  • Options
    VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    My order says back ordered, does it say that for anyone else? Does this mean I might not get it because it's sold out or is it another term for pre ordered?

Mine says backordered too and I ordered it quite early yesterday, so I'm hoping/assuming it just means they're waiting for stock because it hasn't been released yet.

Does anyone else find the limited run a bit strange? I'm happy to pay for the set, but if I was one of those who didn't get it I'd be reluctantly downloading the inevitable free copies just to see the extras I'd otherwise miss out on. If they wanted to keep the price artificially high I could understand it, but it seems a fair price, so why not just sell it to as many as want it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    Mine says backordered too and I ordered it quite early yesterday, so I'm hoping/assuming it just means they're waiting for stock because it hasn't been released yet.

Does anyone else find the limited run a bit strange? I'm happy to pay for the set, but if I was one of those who didn't get it I'd be reluctantly downloading the inevitable free copies just to see the extras I'd otherwise miss out on. If they wanted to keep the price artificially high I could understand it, but it seems a fair price, so why not just sell it to as many as want it?

I agree, it's so stupid they are only doing 6k blu ray copies for this awesome set when people have been requesting it for months. I'd imagine if it sells out really fast they will change their minds and make it about 20k copies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    There may not be too much to be concerned about, with it being limited edition. The Key to Time set was also limited edition when first released, and then re-released.
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    Just pre-ordered the Blu-Ray set from Amazon UK. Really looks like a good set. Can't wait to watch it all come September.

It's cheaper at the BBC shop. Cheaper still with the 10% off code. :)
  • Options
    Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered it. There were just enough extras to convince me to buy it even with 2 of the episodes in my roster.

I'm a trifle miffed that there aren't any commentaries.
  • Options
    Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tardis_cub wrote: »
    There may not be too much to be concerned about, with it being limited edition. The Key to Time set was also limited edition when first released, and then re-released.

There was a two year gap between the releases, though...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    How Do You Pre-Order? Help?
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have liked commentaries, confidentials, video diaries like we had on the david tennant boxsets. The culture show is a glaring ommission. Apart from that it is a fairly good set. Already got the dvds of day and time which I will sell off once I have the set. Be good to watch adventure in space and time again as never got round to getting the dvd of that. Not seen the proms so thats good. One query. On the original dvd of day there is a feature called doctor who explained which does not appear to be carried over to the new set. Has this been removed to make way for name of the doctor?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How Do You Pre-Order? Help?

Pssst :p
    You can pre-order at the BBCShop

Link
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Pssst :p

Link

Thanks ^-^
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Commentaries would've been nice. Shame we've been getting less and less of them with various releases.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Matt Smith/David Tennant commentary on Day of the Doctor would have been good.