The X Factor 2014 - Live Show 3 - ITV/HD Sat/Sun 20:00 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    No, I'm watching it as well. Even Dermot criticised the sing off. :D

I honestly thought that's the best Jake had sang even though it was poor. Less said about OTY's performance the better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Has there been a good performance during the sing off yet this series?

The first sing off was Overload and Steph wasn't it!? They were both bad too
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Has there been a good performance during the sing off yet this series?

Not a single one.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first sing off was Overload and Steph wasn't it!? They were both bad too

Last week (Stereo Kicks v Chloe) was poor as well. I wonder if they'll put some more rehearsals in with the sing off songs over the week?
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    _Ghost_ wrote: »
    Why do people get shocked about the field of singing talent getting weaker every year? How many amazing singers wouldn't have auditioned yet after X Factor every year for the past however many years, plus all the other singing talent shows that happen every year. How many amazing singers do you think are still undiscovered? Ultimately X Factor and similar shows are a solid ratings bet so they don't mind if things get diluted by running it every year.

It doesn't help that I watch(ed) other versions - X Factor USA (RIP :() and Aussie X Factor, which only serve to highlight how even more abysmal our version is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm desperate to know what dirt Sinitta has got on Simon Cowell to end up on X Factor constantly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm desperate to know what dirt Sinitta has got on Simon Cowell to end up on X Factor constantly

She consistently provides good service to him, why wouldn't he bring her back? ;)
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,293
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Never, ever in the history of XF have I seen a group as terrible as Only the Young.:o They were dreadful and I wanted to put a cushion over my ears.

At least Simon told the truth and said how awful they were.

Have you missed Stereo Kicks so far then, particularly last week when they made Jedward look like Simon & Garfunkel in comparison... :o

OTY were dreadful tonight (as equally poor as the pin-up model), and had they faced decent competition in the sing-off, they'd have gone... it looks as if one of the girls is a decent singer, the other is okay, and the two boys are presumably there for eye candy purposes (or they're roadies).

It looks as if Louis keeps picking songs they don't want to do, so they may as well do their own thing - just leave ABBA alone... not surprised they were in the bottom 2, as I'd never heard their Saturday song, and it just wasn't that memorable.

So far, Stevi is deservedly keeping his place, as he was much better than either of these last night!
  • Options
    Amyb1986Amyb1986 Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    What did Sarah-Jane say on xtra factor?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A_Smith wrote: »
    OMG. How bad was that. Jake might survive after all
    He never had a chance.
    I hate the lead singers hair cut, idiot.
    I think that he has a complex about his lack of height :p
    I appreciate Mel just gives a name and doesn't draw it out when we know what her vote is.
    It gives Cowell more waffle time.
    Mirage wrote: »
    Wonder what the public vote would have been
    OTY would have been bottom. Hence no deadlock.
    rhumble wrote: »
    SJ is getting lippy,, she wont be back next year

She will only have a problem if she goes off script.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Just some bits redeemed Chins ;-)

Very small bits, Mrs T. ;-)
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    I agree.
    They really physically hurt my ears.

Oh well, perhaps OTY will go next week.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    Have you missed Stereo Kicks so far then, particularly last week when they made Jedward look like Simon & Garfunkel in comparison... :o

OTY were dreadful tonight (as equally poor as the pin-up model), and had they faced decent competition in the sing-off, they'd have gone... it looks as if one of the girls is a decent singer, the other is okay, and the two boys are presumably there for eye candy purposes (or they're roadies).

It looks as if Louis keeps picking songs they don't want to do, so they may as well do their own thing - just leave ABBA alone... not surprised they were in the bottom 2, as I'd never heard their Saturday song, and it just wasn't that memorable.

So far, Stevi is deservedly keeping his place, as he was much better than either of these last night!

I'm not keen on Stevi as a singer, but even I have to agree with that! The dark-haired lad especially in OTY was excruciatingly bad - his singing was flat and out of tune all the way through.
  • Options
    Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake!</3

I love him!
  • Options
    indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They have a long history from the 1980's, pre-dating his major success. My understanding is his Mum took her under her wing and she was by his side when he was at his lowest point. I'd imagine that when you truly make it genuine friends you can really trust are hard to come by.
  • Options
    Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quite like to see Jake and Jack getting it on. Just thought I would put that out there

Me too! That would make me wet so much!:blush:

They kissed!:blush:
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Overload have gone back to churning out boring cover songs of other artists!

Baby One More Time cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCH2pa3f0B8&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too! That would make me wet so much!:blush:

They kissed!:blush:

oh my :blush:
  • Options
    GANA66GANA66 Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Louis hexagonal screws