Which celeb's career has improved the most after appearing on Strictly?

13»

Comments

• MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha's probably the most high profile of all the previous contestants, although Tom Chambers did Top Hat in the West End, and Zoe Ball and Matt Baker both have presenting jobs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    Alesha's probably the most high profile of all the previous contestants, although Tom Chambers did Top Hat in the West End, and Zoe Ball and Matt Baker both have presenting jobs.

I think Tom is in the show WHITE CHRISTMAS too at the moment.

Apparently Caroline wants to be in West End musicals.

I wouldn't go and see her in a show - but I'd go to see Pixie or Simon.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I think Tom is in the show WHITE CHRISTMAS too at the moment.

Apparently Caroline wants to be in West End musicals.

I wouldn't go and see her in a show - but I'd go to see Pixie or Simon.

Good luck to Caroline, I reckon we'll be seeing plenty more of her in the future.

I would dearly love Pixie to get some work on the stage - she can dance, sing and act - it seems like the best move for her IMO. She clearly loves making pop music but sadly her sales are not too hot anymore so it wouldn't hurt to try a few other things.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    Looks like Mark Wright is going to do well out of it with both the BBC and ITV in a bidding war for him.

Surely neither would pay more than about a tenner for his 'talents'?
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Mark Wright is going to do well out of it with both the BBC and ITV in a bidding war for him.

Why would the BBC enter a 'bidding war' with ITV over Mark Wright? He's not even a high profile presenter. He does light weight trashy stuff on ITV2 and hasn't been able to progress beyond that because most of the stuff he's done has flopped. They never even entered a bidding war over Susanna Reid and she was far more popular on Strictly in her year than Mark was.

I highly suspect this 'story' has been put out there by his PR. If the BBC enter a bidding war over him then they are fools!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I read a similar or even exactly the same article on another site, so it looks like a press release from his agent......so yeah a PR stunt imo. Shameless!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as an aside, I bet Mark is well cheesed off that when you google his name the first result is this years apprentice winner :D
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Martin and Aled Jones both got regular TV presenting roles on the BBC.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I read a similar or even exactly the same article on another site, so it looks like a press release from his agent......so yeah a PR stunt imo. Shameless!

He isn't really that popular. He was in the dance off three times. Frankly he was damn lucky to be in final and stuck out like a sore thumb. He managed to never be in dance off with Simon which is a shame as he would have gone. Instead we lost Thom too early and Pixie.

Mark appeal is simpering insincerity coupled with good looks. A bit of day time tv may come his way as these are traits that seem to appeal to this audience
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    James Martin and Aled Jones both got regular TV presenting roles on the BBC.
    I didn't watch their series but from what I heard despite not reaching the finals they were both quite popular, I also think both them were quite established in their careers. Strictly brought them to wider audience and they got more opportinities but I think the BBC found suitable niches for their particular careers.
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    He isn't really that popular. He was in the dance off three times. Frankly he was damn lucky to be in final and stuck out like a sore thumb. He managed to never be in dance off with Simon which is a shame as he would have gone. Instead we lost Thom too early and Pixie.

Mark appeal is simpering insincerity coupled with good looks. A bit of day time tv may come his way as these are traits that seem to appeal to this audience

I agree the BBC might throw a few low key presenting jobs his way perhaps on BBC 3 but it'll be just laughable the idea of them entering a 'bidding war' with ITV over him. I think that's something they try and avoid nowadays as Christine Bleakley found out to her embarrassment....and again like Susanna Reid she was a far bigger presenter than Mark when she decided to move to ITV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would the BBC enter a 'bidding war' with ITV over Mark Wright? He's not even a high profile presenter. He does light weight trashy stuff on ITV2 and hasn't been able to progress beyond that because most of the stuff he's done has flopped. They never even entered a bidding war over Susanna Reid and she was far more popular on Strictly in her year than Mark was.

I highly suspect this 'story' has been put out there by his PR. If the BBC enter a bidding war over him then they are fools!

The only way this is true is if it's BBC3 vs ITVBE - the only channels where his 'abilities' and 'talents' would be recognised.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Indeed, that's Mark in a nutshell, shameless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, that's Mark in a nutshell, shameless.

Shameless, talentless, gormless, charmless - take your pick from these and many other words ending in less ;-)
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    Wasn't Kara Tointon's excellent programme about dyslexia after Strictly Come Dancing? She might not have overcome, or at least learnt to control, the condition without it so it could have made her success on stage more difficult.

It was an excellent program but it was actually made just before Strictly started as she can be seen in it talking to Ricky is it who played Gary? about starting Strictly. ( Goodness knows what she saw in Joe Swash btw)

Hopefully both Caroline and Simon, who apparently recently went bankrupt get lots of work out of it.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    natalie from last year was in the dr who xmas special. she had quite a 'straight' part and played it well enough, although the scenes were stolen by the actress playing shona who was very funny, including a great dance scene :D

its the first thing i've been aware of that natalie has been in, don't think she's had any stage work or dance work, but maybe others can update us on that?
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Hollins got watchdog plus a couple of other presenting jobs
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did brilliantly well - he married Flavia !!**!!
    ( I expect he got some work as well, but hey, who cares?)

He did actually get some work, he's in Corrie.