True Blood - Season 6 (US Pace)

18910111214»

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    FOX are doing ads for Season 6 now. Airs September 30th at 10pm.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,147
    Forum Member
    Rosheen wrote: »
    Do you reckon they announced it was the last season next year due to the amount of damage control the showrunner Buckner had to go on after the season finale?

I'd love to see Sookie telling her many suitors to feic off and choose herself but I know that won't happen. I just hope she doesn't end up back with Bill.

That would be good but I really think they are going for a Bill/Sookie ending. I hate them as a couple though. I'd even take it ending as the books did over them but that ending cannot work in the tv version.
    Also Alcide I just plain don't like no matter how hot the actor is the characters annoying so I kinda hope he dies next year.
    I am glad it ends next year as each year it starts off good and fails somewhere near the end so hopefully they can run a 10 ep series with it going out on a high
  • XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am kind of happy and sad that the show is ending next year.

Happy because I do think there isn't a whole lot more than can realistically be done with the characters now without becoming repetitive, yet I am sad because I do love the show and it is probably my most favourite show.

The season 6 finale was abysmal though. It did a complete 180 on everything and some of it made no sense at all. I realise a lot of it was done for shock value and maybe if it had been done a couple of episodes earlier, it might have worked. It just seemed like they'd had 9 episodes of one thing and then thought right at the last second to have a complete overhaul of everything without giving a chance to process the latest developments before finishing the season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I am kind of happy and sad that the show is ending next year.

Happy because I do think there isn't a whole lot more than can realistically be done with the characters now without becoming repetitive, yet I am sad because I do love the show and it is probably my most favourite show.

The season 6 finale was abysmal though. It did a complete 180 on everything and some of it made no sense at all. I realise a lot of it was done for shock value and maybe if it had been done a couple of episodes earlier, it might have worked. It just seemed like they'd had 9 episodes of one thing and then thought right at the last second to have a complete overhaul of everything without giving a chance to process the latest developments before finishing the season.

I agree with you. The season finale was a great example of lazy writing. It's like they wrote themselves into a corner with the whole Warlow and Billith thing and instead of cleaning up the mess created they chose a timejump as a magical reset for the last season.

I think it's laughable that Sam would be working with Bill on a blood donor program after he refused to help him and Luna in the authority leading to her death. Plus Sookie making googly eyes at Bill on the telly after he called her an abomination and said she was dead to him and her calling him a monster. I'm almost certain she'll end up with Bill in the end though since his character is the shows' Mary Sue and it doesn't matter what he's done in the past he's always forgiven with it swept under the carpet.

I agree with them that the focus had to return to Bon Temps though since that's the root of the show and the storylines mesh better when based in one place.
    Forum Member
    Sookie/Bill wouldn't surprise me but I can see the more fanatical Eric fans losing it though.
  • XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if the TV ending will be what fans wanted the book ending to be
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Sookie/Bill wouldn't surprise me but I can see the more fanatical Eric fans losing it though.

Bill was her first love and so I think they'll end it that way too.
    Forum Member
    Bill was her first love and so I think they'll end it that way too.

Probably.

The show does seem to like Bill more than the books did to a degree.