Options

Gillette Mach 3...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,977
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you think the Mach 3, is the best wet razor ever invented? :eek:

I've tried all of the other brands; and their different models, but I've always gone back to the Mach 3. :)

Usually the problem I have with other razors, is the blades quickly get clogged, and they are hard work to unclog :(, whereas with a Mach 3, a quick shake in the water; and the blades are clear again. :)

Comments

• Options
    glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,323
    Forum Member
    No the newer ones are always better, closer shaves. The gillette fusion power is better.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like a man with a big of stubble, Mmmmm. All rough and ready.
  • Options
    Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Yes.

What I'll never understand are people who use those single bladed "safety" (lol!!) razors that will take your face off if you so much as breathe near it. Those things make me cringe just looking at them.

I can't get on with electric shavers either, it's like sticking your face in a lawnmower.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mike Hawke wrote: »
    Yes.

What I'll never understand are people who use those single bladed "safety" (lol!!) razors that will take your face off if you so much as breathe near it. Those things make me cringe just looking at them.

I can't get on with electric shavers either, it's like sticking your face in a lawnmower.

them they use in the barbers that flip open like a knife? ive always wanted on of them to try myself but never remembered to buy one or look for them. I love when you get a haircut and they put foam around the bottom and shave with one of them it feels good :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    They should just make a wall of razor blades that you just rub up against once and your all done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    No the newer ones are always better, closer shaves. The gillette fusion power is better.

I tried this one when it first came out, and the same problem with clogged blades. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jelly Baby wrote: »
    I tried this one when it first came out, and the same problem with clogged blades. :(

I have one and used a mach 3 the last time i shaved and it wasnt as good.
  • Options
    Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    them they use in the barbers that flip open like a knife? ive always wanted on of them to try myself but never remembered to buy one or look for them. I love when you get a haircut and they put foam around the bottom and shave with one of them it feels good :o

Not those, they're even more scary!! I'm talking these industrial-looking beasts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Completely agree. :)

I tried a screw top razor when I was a teenager, where you had to put a razor blade inside it. :eek:

Left me with loads of cuts. :(:cry:
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I tested the "Fusion" range before they were released onto the market, and found them to be far easier to clog than other Gillette razors.

But, as I have extremely tough facial hair, I dont expect my results to be widespread, and most people I know prefer the Fusion to the Mach 3, my personal favourite wet shave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    I tested the "Fusion" range before they were released onto the market, and found them to be far easier to clog than other Gillette razors.

But, as I have extremely tough facial hair, I dont expect my results to be widespread, and most people I know prefer the Fusion to the Mach 3, my personal favourite wet shave.

Yeah, I think that's what it is.

I have fast growing, tough facial hair; as well. It's only the Mach 3 that can deal with it. :eek:
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Jelly Baby wrote: »
    Yeah, I think that's what it is.

I have fast growing, tough facial hair; as well. It's only the Mach 3 that can deal with it. :eek:

Is that you Doreen ?
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely! I never cut myself now and with the right combination of hot flannel and oil it gives a SUPERB shave. My ONLY gripe is the bloody price:mad::mad: about £9 for 4 blades is a RIP-OFF and no wonder they get stolen. So I make each blade last as long as possible......
    AND HERE IS AN IMPORTANT TIP..........IF YOU HAVE THE FUSION POWER, YOU DONT NEED TO BUY THE FUSION POWER BLADES.........THE FUSION BLADES AND ABOUT £1 CHEAPER ARE EXACTLY THE SAME:eek:DONT BE CONNED! Ok I'll stop shouting now;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roger Federer agrees...
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    I'm a Mach 3 man as well. I've not tried Fusion/Fusion Power purely because i'm happy with the shaves i get from a Mach 3. Why change something you're happy with? :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    My ONLY gripe is the bloody price:mad::mad: about £9 for 4 blades is a RIP-OFF and no wonder they get stolen.

Mach3 for me too. I buy off ebay. Genuine blades...average price £17.00 for 3 x 5 packs

Will never buy from supermarket again...absolute rip off.
  • Options
    widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do find the marketing initiative by Gillette to push the sales of the Fusion blades to be completely out of kilter with their target demographic.
    Men don't listen to these adverts the way that marketing execs think they do and they find that a company who tries to "convince" them to pay more money for essentially the same shave more than a little patronising.
    It's mach 3 for me all the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Either way, along with ink-jet cartridges, they've (all) gotta be the biggest, over-engineered rip-off, known to MAN. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mach3 for me as well. Have been using them for years and give a great shave.

Will have a look at Ebay for the blades:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ONLY gripe is the bloody price:mad::mad: about £9 for 4 blades is a RIP-OFF and no wonder they get stolen.

Mach3 for me too. I buy off ebay. Genuine blades...average price £17.00 for 3 x 5 packs

Will never buy from supermarket again...absolute rip off.

Just bought 16 for £15 inc postage off Ebay. Thanks for the advice.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Mach3 for me too, I also find that with most others the blades tend to clog easily. Buying blades is expensive though! Will have to look at the online alternatives as suggested here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried most razors including mach 3, fusion, classic double edged etc... and the best razor I have ever used is the new Wilkinson Sword Hydro5.

Normally WS razors are far inferior to anything Gillette comes up with, but this is the exception to the rule. I think they're still on half-price offer in Boots too.
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried most razors including mach 3, fusion, classic double edged etc... and the best razor I have ever used is the new Wilkinson Sword Hydro5.

Normally WS razors are far inferior to anything Gillette comes up with, but this is the exception to the rule. I think they're still on half-price offer in Boots too.

Totally agree. I've been using the King of Shaves Azor for a while - and it's a great razor - but I really love the Hydro 5. Haven't used Gilette for a few years, and can't see me hurrying back now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to use the Mach 3 Turbo, my skin reacts to something in the vanilla Mach 3s

As a dragdiva I can also say that Mach 3 works well on my legs too!
  • Options
    LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Yes.

People have been using safety razors for 100 years and not had any problems with them.

As a recent convert to a safety razor got to love the low running costs and a close shave never cut myself with it yet either.