Reports Jedward are to host new BBC Saturday morning childrens TV show

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
Forum Member
Jedward are being lined up to front a new Saturday morning show for CBBC, according to reports.

The Sun claims that the BBC wants the former X Factor stars to become the next Ant & Dec after their ITV2 show was axed.

There are also reports that they want to compete in Eurovision

Now, I can actually see them working (in a bizarre way) on childrens TV, but I cant quite see them being a new Ant and Dec ... thoughts? ...

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on! These two numpties are going to present a programme on TV without having the years of training that some of the "experts" who post on here say are necessary for TV presenters?

No, scrub that 'cos there's lots at it aren't there?

The only qualities you need to present programmes on any channel these days seem to be, to be instantly recognisable by a large number of potential viewers..... and a pulse.
    It happens, so the networks must be of that opinion too.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    They would work well on kids TV - most of there fans are kids so it works out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on! These two numpties are going to present a programme on TV without having the years of training that some of the "experts" who post on here say are necessary for TV presenters?

No, scrub that 'cos there's lots at it aren't there?

The only qualities you need to present programmes on any channel these days seem to be, to be instantly recognisable by a large number of potential viewers..... and a pulse.
    It happens, so the networks must be of that opinion too.

Sam Nixon and Mark Rhodes are currently having a good CBBC career and they were runners up in Pop Idol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    God, I feel sorry for Kids now-a-days not only do they get rubbish TV shows, they also get rubbish presenters. The scary part is that children tend to learn things, from presenters, so what are they going to learn from these two apart from jumping around as if they have been eating coked up Haribo, and to talk gibberish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, I feel sorry for Kids now-a-days not only do they get rubbish TV shows, they also get rubbish presenters. The scary part is that children tend to learn things, from presenters, so what are they going to learn from these two apart from jumping around as if they have been eating coked up Haribo, and to talk gibberish.

All this is true, but quality and standards aren't as important as is getting the maximum numbers of viewers to watch....anything!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    stu2308 wrote: »
    There are also reports that they want to compete in Eurovision
    So long as it's the Irish entry; Ireland like to take the piss out of Eurovision. The UK entries have been really poor for the past decade, I would rather the UK put some effort into it this time - and not let the public choose the entry.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu2308 wrote: »
    The Sun claims that the BBC wants the former X Factor stars to become the next Ant & Dec after their ITV2 show was axed.
    Hold on... this comes from a Murdoch source, who has an obvious vested interest against the BBC. I'll hold off until other news sources report the story from their own sources and not just from The Sun.

I mean, I am always defending the BBC from anti-licence fee protesters, but if there is a shred of truth to this, it's going to make my argument for the BBC to be kept funded by the licence fee very hard indeed if the BBC panders to this. Jedward on the BBC would make it far easier for Murdoch and other anti-licence fee commentators to present their case for voluntary subscription (under BSkyB's adminstration I suspect).
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The article states that Jedward are being dropped by ITV2 then goes on to say there is interest from CBBC which I think is just PR flannel from their management team in response to the news from ITV. ;)
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, PR flannel from their PR people. The BBC have nothing to gain from leaking something like that even if it were true.

They might have a future on tv, but not as proper tv presenters, as anyone who has seen them on tv knows. Their celebrity relies on being seen as celebrities, to justify them cropping up on Celeb Juice doing stupid things.

I don't think it's fair to compare them with Sam and Mark, because they actually have some presenting ability, as do Ant and Dec. I have no issue with people getting into presenting when they started off being famous for something else, so long as they have the basic aptitude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member

:D

Wouldnt it be cheaper & just as effective to employ Uppsy Daisy & Igglepiggle seeing as they are out of work.?

What are these pair of cretins going to bring to the table? Oh for the days of Noel Edmonds , Jonny Morris & Tony Hart.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    The article states that Jedward are being dropped by ITV2 then goes on to say there is interest from CBBC which I think is just PR flannel from their management team in response to the news from ITV. ;)

Yep, exactly what I'm thinking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cjw wrote: »
    Yep, exactly what I'm thinking.
    But given the standard of some of the programming on BBC presently, who could blame anyone for believing it?

I don't want to get rid of the licence fee. I want the BBC to be truly accountable, for the "non jobs" to go and the waste to be cut.(not just Alan Yentob).
    In fact it to be run like a "proper business."
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

I thought this was what they already did ? children's tv presenting .

what else do they do ?
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold on... this comes from a Murdoch source, who has an obvious vested interest against the BBC.

Operation Jedward: the secret mission to end the telly tax. I like it! :D
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    In fact it to be run like a "proper business."

Then you'd get MORE presenters like Jedward! :D

Besides, you can treat the article with a pinch of salt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    It's definitely untrue. The BBC surely aren't insane enough to give a children's series to two weirdly incestuous brothers who can't string a sentence together and appear to be stuck in time like annoying 11-year-olds despite being nearly 20.

Won't somebody think of the children!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shoot wrote: »
    It's definitely untrue. The BBC surely aren't insane enough to give a children's series to two weirdly incestuous brothers who can't string a sentence together and appear to be stuck in time like annoying 11-year-olds despite being nearly 20.

Won't somebody think of the children!!!!

Steady!

You'll have people listing some of those they have, or are still employing and it could lead to litigation!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    They would work well on kids TV - most of there fans are kids so it works out.

I thought that too.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:

I thought this was what they already did ? children's tv presenting .

what else do they do ?

Pop concerts.
  • dermott100dermott100 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

Wouldnt it be cheaper & just as effective to employ Uppsy Daisy & Igglepiggle seeing as they are out of work.?

What are these pair of cretins going to bring to the table? Oh for the days of Noel Edmonds , Jonny Morris & Tony Hart.

:)

Do you remember when Teletubbies first appeared on the telly and the BBC was criticised by many for allowing a load of puppets to talk mumbo jumbo to children. Well.........

I have to be honest, I hate these pair of ****s. Not only are they talentless but they talk b******ks, and do so very loudly so that they drown out contributions from others who do have something relevant to say.

If this is true and the BBC are going to do this then batten down the hatches all you BBC supporters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I like the "mumbo jumbo" in Shaun the Sheep.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont get some of the reactions here(people do get so high and mighty about the BBC). Jedward are childlike, zany, mad, daft, energetic to the point of irritation. Id say they were perfect for childrens tv-sign em up now I say. Has no one ever seen Dick and Dom? Bogeys, Farts, Slapstick, Custard Pies. Does anyone seriously suggest that Jedward arent perfect for that stuff?

As long as they dont sing they should do fine.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really annoys me nowdays, when people with zero talent, and haven't payved the way at all, automatically earn the rights to host a show.

that makes my stomach churn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I dont get some of the reactions here(people do get so high and mighty about the BBC). Jedward are childlike, zany, mad, daft, energetic to the point of irritation. Id say they were perfect for childrens tv-sign em up now I say. Has no one ever seen Dick and Dom? Bogeys, Farts, Slapstick, Custard Pies. Does anyone seriously suggest that Jedward arent perfect for that stuff?

As long as they dont sing they should do fine.

This is true and they'll have all the presenting skills necessary for a lot of jobs in TV today.
  • naddieuknaddieuk Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't let this be true! I remember in the olden days what happened on the telly was not news. Nowadays whatever happens on ITV is now news on the BBC. What's with all this?

I think the problem is that there is competition from channels like Nickelodeon and what have you that the BBC think that they should dumb down in order to get more children watching.

Looks like those experts who many years ago predicted that having too many channels will mean a reduction in quality were correct.