Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I hate that Irwin Mitchell ad, with the Dad who seems to start hating his daughter when he got injured. "Call us or else you'll reject your own children". Appalling message.

It is sickening seeing that horrible bully ignore his daughter and reject his wife, then the poor damaged child says' and I am daddies little princess again'

Evil git he is, he's ok once he gets some money in his pocket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dove Oygen and Moisture hair ad with some silly bint with a disjointed voice wailing on about some ' why you want do me like this and like that' is is so dreadful that I can't make any other word she is going on about......:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have developed a loathing for the Moonpig "flowers" advert. Apart from the pretty girl at the start, a masterclass in complete and utter ham acting.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian the robot is starting to get a bit boring now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the one with Jade Jagger and her horrid teeth on the Rimmel ads...... Now there is someone who would be working in KFC if her mum and dad weren't who they are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole Shit-singer

Beat me to it...always called her that :p:p:p:D:D:D:p:p:p
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    And the one with Jade Jagger and her horrid teeth on the Rimmel ads...... Now there is someone who would be working in KFC if her mum and dad weren't who they are.

It's funny how oddly spaced teeth are supposed to be trendy in this case. Imagine being in high school with teeth like that - you'd never hear the end of remarks.
    Yet here she advertises make up and is 'gorgeous', I don't buy it.

I still hate that Diet Chef ad, wish it would go away.

We need to prepare ourselves for the poncey perfume ads that will be coming on tv for xmas.
    I'll probably just record any programmes I'm interested in and skip as many ads as possible.
    That's my plan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    I have just had the misfortune to hear a soppy-voiced female ripping the guts out of The Jam"s 'That's Entertainment' on the latest Renault ad.>:(

Yep that's the one, I was thinking of (in a previous post).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I have just had the misfortune to hear a soppy-voiced female ripping the guts out of The Jam"s 'That's Entertainment' on the latest Renault ad.>:(
    Someone should tell the UN - cruel and unusual punishment :p
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    It is sickening seeing that horrible bully ignore his daughter and reject his wife, then the poor damaged child says' and I am daddies little princess again'

Evil git he is, he's ok once he gets some money in his pocket.

I think the point that the advert was trying to get across is that this injured man can now no longer work, so he feels hopeless and in a way a part of his manhood has been taken away from him (ie cannot work to provide money for his wife and kid) and has left him depressed which means that he is angry and irritable with those around him.

Also, if the remember the advert correctly, the advert shows that the guy has a slow recovery to full health or at least to full mobility, therefore he cannot be affectionate with his wife and the lack of mobility also means he can't play with his daughter.

Therefore in the real world this guy would have 3 reason to be depressed, plus the wife is upset (and probably frustrated) about the whole situation, and the daughter is too young to realise why her father can't play with her and is always either sad or angry.

Sadly this is the way depression commonly manifests itself when you lose your job (via injury, illness or redundancy), especially for men.

Part of me does wonder if this ad was shot identically but with the husband and wife roles reversed (ie the wife is injured and has lost her job and is depressed about not being able to provide for her family) if people would be so quick to say - Hey this woman is being selfish, rude and bullying?

The only fault I find with the whole ad (and this is why the advert is ultimately a failure) is that being award a couple of month worth of wage in settlement is not going to suddenly be a cure for anyone in the real world. At best it would give them a slight boost for a day or two and then all the same depressing thoughts about finance and money would come back again, and usually making them feel even worse that before as the injury claim is over so they don't have an external factor to focus some of their time and thoughts on.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's Georgia Jagger not Jade Jagger. Jade is about 20 years older and darker skinned than Georgia
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is very buck toothed and a munter to boot.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rimmel ad because of the model with dreadful teeth, the go compare ad wiggle workout and anyone who believes Len Goodman goes to Farm Foods and does a shop must be deluded. When will the companies that make these ads understand that we, the public are not morons and give us some credit. Clever, funny adds are great but the majority of drivel is an insult.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    The sunlife advert, She can't be a mother to the kids any more but she can still contribute with her life insurance

I get the sentiment but that advert is so weirdly done

Yep, that one is too creepy and those 'policies' are a complete con.

Forget one payment and you lose the lot, don't forget a payment and they'll do everything they can not to pay.

Another one is the O2 ad with Nile Rodgers - helping young privelidged UK musicians out of the goodness of his heart apparently and said privelidged kids are totally thrilled to be in the same room as someone who, along with Brit School, will make them potentially superstars.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    patricia50 wrote: »
    The Rimmel ad because of the model with dreadful teeth, the go compare ad wiggle workout and anyone who believes Len Goodman goes to Farm Foods and does a shop must be deluded. When will the companies that make these ads understand that we, the public are not morons and give us some credit. Clever, funny adds are great but the majority of drivel is an insult.

Same for Peter Andre using the bus and buying 89p pizzas in Iceland! :D
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You're My Little Yum Yum" >:(

enough said I think
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    O2 ad with the ginger cat which behaves, runs and looks more like a dog. It gives me the creeps. Saw it in another ad a while ago.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Get the London Look"
    No thanks love - you look like Alan Carr.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    patricia50 wrote: »

"A big fat pay cheque from Farm Foods to pretend I shop there ? Gets' a ten from Len !"
    :D
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    The Bosch vacuum ad with the tiger. Where's the connection??
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    O2 ad with the ginger cat which behaves, runs and looks more like a dog. It gives me the creeps. Saw it in another ad a while ago.

The cat on here looks more like a dog :kitty::D
  • Options
    blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member

I thought we'd heard the last of these ironic, folky, winsome pixie girl, breathy vocal acoustic guitar cover versions of Punk/New Wave/Heavy Metal songs, but NO we're still getting THIS FLIPPING DROSS!

The only saving grace is that the tune doesn't feature whistling over a Ukulele backing track..
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another Barclays Life Skills advert!. This time appropriate language. I mean who knew you shouldn't use words like 'totes amazeballs' and 'lol' in correspondence to a potential employer?.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's my boy >:(
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Brian the robot is starting to get a bit boring now.

Only starting to??
This discussion has been closed.