Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    MONEY SUPERMARKET >:(

What is the point of the bloke in jean shorts and the woman with a million faces Sharon Osbourne

What is the point of the advert?? I hate it with a passion and turn over everytime it comes on >:(

I love that ad. I hate sharon osbourne, but i love the fact they've got a bloke in tiny daisy dukes and skyscraper heels (that he can actually walk in!). Most women couldn't walk properly in those heels. I think the purpose of the ad is you save money, feel so awesome that you can go out in the world with things you might only previously keep hidden at home.

Anyway i think its an awesome ad.
    yviebabe wrote: »
    Whether you love or hate an advert, what bugs me is whenever you switch to any commercial channel, any time, day or night, it's ALWAYS in the middle of an ad break!!!! ALWAYS!!!! Grrrr!!!!!

I've long suspected that TV stations synchronise their ad breaks so that if you channel hop, you won't find anything to watch and will return to your original programme
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    The latest Febreeze ad. With a stinking teenagers bedroom. Hasn't he heard of washing, doing his own laundry and opening a window? Just the thought of that smell makes me feel sick but no way would I try to smother it with an artificial smell. That makes it even worse!

I hate the one where this little kid sprays some fragrance at this older guy, implying his feet stink and the older guy just looks up and smiles. He's saying your feet stink and that's your reaction?! :p
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian is now available to buy with Confused.com.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Brian is now available to buy with Confused.com.

Poor Brian, nearly went in the crusher.:o
  • Deirdre BarlowDeirdre Barlow Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Poor Brian, nearly went in the crusher.:o

Poor us, that he didn't!
  • mrsbadcrumble66mrsbadcrumble66 Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    The new Diet Coke 'Regret Nothing' ad where some woman clones herself several times before getting on and airplane and stalking her boyfriend to his destination... her words as he opens the door 'You forgot something'...with a most disturbing smile... >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Diet Coke 'Regret Nothing' ad where some woman clones herself several times before getting on and airplane and stalking her boyfriend to his destination... her words as he opens the door 'You forgot something'...with a most disturbing smile... >:(

That advert, she just comes across as psychotic almost. If I was him, i'd tell her to go back home and leave me alone and shut the door
  • tvaddict_eyestvaddict_eyes Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Natalie Portman running from her fake wedding and jumping into a helicopter as you do to make out... What the hell has this all got to do with Chanel no 5
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The slightly scary cow/human hybrids on the Laughing Cow adverts ugh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is only one advert that makes me go scrambling for the mute button now...all I need is the opening few words:

"Dave has just..." THAT GODDAMN MONEY SUPERMARKET ADVERT
  • Suicide BlondeSuicide Blonde Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    The activia ad. Gok wang and his 'happy tummy' posse. Total cringe. 😖
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    I'm getting sick to death of that advert for the Keith Lemon "comedy" show.

1. It's not Keith Lemon. It's Leigh Francis. Obviously he has to sell himself on a brand now as he doesn't have enough talent to attract people with his own name.

2. It will undoubtedly be shite. No doubt thickos will love it though.

Is it me or is it more....Bo Selecta rather than Keith Lemon? Not that i'll be watching that god awful shite
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    That effing advert with that awful Kylie Minogue song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Smurf wrote: »
    The Vauxhall Corsa ad, worst dubbing I have ever seen. I know these adverts are shown across Europe but surely they could have synced the dubbing to the ad better. Also do Oak Furniture Land ever not have a sale on?!

BIB - The new DFS anyone?
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love that ad. I hate sharon osbourne, but i love the fact they've got a bloke in tiny daisy dukes and skyscraper heels (that he can actually walk in!). Most women couldn't walk properly in those heels. I think the purpose of the ad is you save money, feel so awesome that you can go out in the world with things you might only previously keep hidden at home.

Anyway i think its an awesome ad.

I've long suspected that TV stations synchronise their ad breaks so that if you channel hop, you won't find anything to watch and will return to your original programme

Agree I quite like that ad too although I also don't get why Sharon Osborne makes an appearance in it it just seems a bit odd and uneccessary.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Agree I quite like that ad too although I also don't get why Sharon Osborne makes an appearance in it it just seems a bit odd and uneccessary.

I don't understand most adverts with appearances from famous people tbh. How many people think "ooh Vinnie Jones. That product must be good" :confused:

Not a complaint, but I like the one with the bongo playing dog :blush:
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ad for a new TV series with Julie Walters balling out "Sloives of Empoire!" >:(
    I won't watch that series now, just because of that!
  • MiniMort2MiniMort2 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Diet coke advert with the woman who can't leave this guy alone for a couple of hours. Also the end has the most disturbing look that we've seen since Dave and his(/her) Money SuperMarket commercial.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gtech Air Ram - Women dancing with vacuum cleaners, very annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I've only seen it a few times but hands down the Plenty of Fish dating site advert.

It's hard to zero in on what is most annoying - the horrible budget song, the rubbish cartoon bloke or the cheap feel to the whole concept including the premise of the site itself.

I'd rather die alone than meet anybody on that website!
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like putting a contract out on that Dolmio Italian family.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KFC Yet another dam advert showing someones life flash by in 30 seconds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalie Portman running from her fake wedding and jumping into a helicopter as you do to make out... What the hell has this all got to do with Chanel no 5

That woman is dead behind the eyes... she looks completely blank, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that she's incapable of speaking without a script or some form of written word.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »

For an enormous fee perhaps
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't even remember what the advert is for, but it uses that 1998 song "I'm Blue" by Eiffel, and it does my head in because every time it comes on the song is stuck in my brain for at least an hour!!
This discussion has been closed.