Modded rapid fire controllers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
Forum Member
Thinking of getting a rapid fire controller for my son for xmas..
He plays MW2 & soon to play black ops...both on the 360.

Does anybody on here use one ?

Any recommendations as a quick Google reveals many people offering them...

Must be wireless.

Comments

• OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll get loads of abuse using one of them, basically cheating
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    will make a worse player in the long term relying on it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell him to get better. there is no point in getting them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    I think ethics will be pure winner here and a "cheat" controller will be crossed off the xmas list.

He's already a very good player, I think he just wants to be able to "mix it" with his mates on private games.

Thanks for the comments....
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also wasn't M$ banning people for using modified controllers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's illegal to use a modded controller online so yes Microsoft or Playstation could ban your account online. This is going to be especially relevant in Black Ops where all games are recorded and people will be able to report cheats and have the evidence to back it up
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Also wasn't M$ banning people for using modified controllers?

Yes Microsoft issue 2 day ban then 7 day then two week then a month If they keep using them. modded controllers are cheating and If the point of playing the game is become better and have fun whats the point

Oh I remember IW saying there really cracking down on the cheaters and the use of modded controllers.
  • mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah psn will ban you, its in the new terms and conditions (might have been in old T&C but i didn't read them ones :)

Xbox Live gets banned if using these mods
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Yes Microsoft issue 2 day ban then 7 day then two week then a month If they keep using them. modded controllers are cheating and If the point of playing the game is become better and have fun whats the point

Oh I remember IW saying there really cracking down on the cheaters and the use of modded controllers.

I must admit whilst I am utterly sh*te at CoD and FP's in general I could never go for a modded controller.

I'm glad the devs are working at stamping it out too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I must admit whilst I am utterly sh*te at CoD and FP's in general I could never go for a modded controller.

I'm glad the devs are working at stamping it out too.

They are ridiculous, my nephew has one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JX23 wrote: »
    It's illegal to use a modded controller online
    yeah, youll have the police knocking on your door if you use one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ralph777 wrote: »
    yeah, youll have the police knocking on your door if you use one

Don't be a douche.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrrghhhhh hate these modded controllers with a passion. I'd rather just be my normal crap self than cheat like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even worse then modded controllers are morons with a lag switch! Arseholes :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JX23 wrote: »
    Don't be a douche.
    dont make ridiculous statements
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ralph777 wrote: »
    dont make ridiculous statements

I obviously mean in context smart ass
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Even worse then modded controllers are morons with a lag switch! Arseholes :mad:

Soon as I start lagging out near someone I just drop a smoke grenade and get out of there. That and fire off a few random noobtubes.

CAn't see how theatre mode will tackle that problem though as from their end presumably everything will look normal?!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How does it work? I was playing GTA online the other day and every time I targeted one particular player his character would go through some repeat animation, like he was stuck in loop. Never happened with any other player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    How does it work? I was playing GTA online the other day and every time I targeted one particular player his character would go through some repeat animation, like he was stuck in loop. Never happened with any other player.

Here some **** using one on MW2. When he lags the enemy freezes or slows right down sort of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a8NyJ62Q3I
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Here some **** using one on MW2. When he lags the enemy freezes or slows right down sort of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a8NyJ62Q3I

I could do ten times better than that guy without lag switch I love to see this guy play without it.

Also anyone thinking of giving them a try for fun don't lag switch will result in a months ban from the game and two months for it again and it keeps increasing ( don't see why they are not just banned permentley) one my old mates used to this got banned all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    I could do ten times better than that guy without lag switch I love to see this guy play without it.

Also anyone thinking of giving them a try for fun don't lag switch will result in a months ban from the game and two months for it again and it keeps increasing ( don't see why they are not just banned permentley) one my old mates used to this got banned all the time.

People who use these deserve to be banned imo

EDIT: Was that on PSN or Live btw? I still come accross this quite a bit on PSN.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It's cheating and people will notice it online. It will do him no favours. Plus they are crazy overpriced. Waste of time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's cheating and people will notice it online. It will do him no favours. Plus they are crazy overpriced. Waste of time.

I saw them on ebay for £5.99 or something like that. I wasn't looking for one I was just bored and typing in random stuff. This was ages ago anyway. Imagine the amount of messages that guy must've got lol :D

Wouldnt use one myself wouldn't wanna spoil it for others like I wouldnt want others to spoil it for me. I can do crap on my own thank you :p