"Not Scotland" - What are STV Playing At? (Part 2)

Comments

• bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being in England curious if RWC Scotland games will have alternate presentation?
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    According to the Freeview EPG WIN CASH LIVE has been replaced by THE NIGHTSHIFT until at least next Friday (4th). Also noticed that THE NIGHTSHIFT was being screened last night (Thur. 27th). :confused:

so much for being last one couple months ago.... I guess STV cannot think beyond midnight ... bring back the testcard
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being in England curious if RWC Scotland games will have alternate presentation?

Good point - (as you may know) they do it for the international football games involving Scotland, will be interesting to see if they do the same for the RWC.
    kezo wrote: »
    so much for being last one couple months ago.... I guess STV cannot think beyond midnight ... bring back the testcard

Unsure if it's now off air completely (I see on another DS thread it airs elsewhere) or whether STV have just pulled it. I don't know what is worse - a cheap, tacky cash priize presentation or a dated, vaseline smeared looking screen of old flyovers and guests from 30 years ago... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Unsure if it's now off air completely (I see on another DS thread it airs elsewhere) or whether STV have just pulled it. I don't know what is worse - a cheap, tacky cash priize presentation or a dated, vaseline smeared looking screen of old flyovers and guests from 30 years ago... :(

Still shows STV is dated...why not air programmes past 12am they done it in 90s-00s whats stopping them? It seems ridiculous these commercial channels resort to this! MTV use to be 24hr music channel now they have teleshopping, the commerical channels are a joke - STV is one of them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 5th Aug-Fri. 11th Sept:-

The Cube airs late night till 1.05am on ITV, STV screens THE NIGHTSHIFT and Motorsport airs again on ITV through the night Sunday/Monday.

Onto Monday primetime and ITV has Britain As Seen On ITV (2 of 6), STV has ANIMAL 999. Wednesday and it's Wild Ireland late night on ITV but no show on STV, and Around The House on ITV doesn't get a look in on STV Thursday night. Late night Friday and it's FILM: BURN AFTER READING on STV, ITV screens Film: 2 Fast 2 Furious.

MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND, ADE AT SEA (repeats) and WIN CASH LIVE all disappear from the STV screens this week!

So the "no show on STV" list now looks like this (original screening month on ITV as stated):-

BRITAIN: AS SEEN ON ITV (August 2015), SUPERHOSPITAL (June 2015), WILD EXMOOR, BIG BOX LITTLE BOX, BRITAIN'S BUSIEST AIRPORT - HEATHROW (all May),
    WILD IRELAND (April & rptd. Aug), MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND (parts 6-8 Feb), BARGING ROUND BRITAIN (Feb), SECRETS FROM THE SKY (Nov 2014), HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS (1 off Nov & rptd. ITV3 Feb 2015).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 5th Aug-Fri. 11th Sept:-

The Cube airs late night till 1.05am on ITV, STV screens THE NIGHTSHIFT and Motorsport airs again on ITV through the night Sunday/Monday.

Onto Monday primetime and ITV has Britain As Seen On ITV (2 of 6), STV has ANIMAL 999. Wednesday and it's Wild Ireland late night on ITV but no show on STV, and Around The House on ITV doesn't get a look in on STV Thursday night. Late night Friday and it's FILM: BURN AFTER READING on STV, ITV screens Film: 2 Fast 2 Furious.

MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND, ADE AT SEA (repeats) and WIN CASH LIVE all disappear from the STV screens this week!

So the "no show on STV" list now looks like this (original screening month on ITV as stated):-

BRITAIN: AS SEEN ON ITV (August 2015), SUPERHOSPITAL (June 2015), WILD EXMOOR, BIG BOX LITTLE BOX, BRITAIN'S BUSIEST AIRPORT - HEATHROW (all May),
    WILD IRELAND (April & rptd. Aug), MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND (parts 6-8 Feb), BARGING ROUND BRITAIN (Feb), SECRETS FROM THE SKY (Nov 2014), HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS (1 off Nov & rptd. ITV3 Feb 2015).

Nightshift returns to STV screens once more at a reduced 2 hour rate (I'll wait and see if STV will push this back up to play most of the night once more then Nightscreen at 5am once again), also so much for the "announcement" they made saying it was their last one, so why end it and say "farewell" to then put it back on? Surely STV could have come up with a better idea than this again? As suggested why can't STV run programming MISSED after Scotland Tonight and during the night to CATCH UP ... they have the STV Player there that is an advantage to do this with but I forgot STV play el cheapo!

Regarding motorsports and events alike I doubt the STV bosses have really thought this through. ITV seems to me they will cover events and put something on the main channel ie Motorsport/Rugby Highlights, meanwhile STV goes roundabouts not covering much sport unless its in their news bulletins which is mostly footy! Surprised why their locals aint got no sport on them either! Still though irony of all is BBC Scotland/ALBA covers Shinty (yes when was the last time this lot covered this let alone spoke about it??) STV needs a complete overhaul I reckon but the bosses let be are only in it for money
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nightshift returns to STV screens once more at a reduced 2 hour rate (I'll wait and see if STV will push this back up to play most of the night once more then Nightscreen at 5am once again), also so much for the "announcement" they made saying it was their last one, so why end it and say "farewell" to then put it back on? Surely STV could have come up with a better idea than this again? As suggested why can't STV run programming MISSED after Scotland Tonight and during the night to CATCH UP ... they have the STV Player there that is an advantage to do this with but I forgot STV play el cheapo!

Regarding motorsports and events alike I doubt the STV bosses have really thought this through. ITV seems to me they will cover events and put something on the main channel ie Motorsport/Rugby Highlights, meanwhile STV goes roundabouts not covering much sport unless its in their news bulletins which is mostly footy! Surprised why their locals aint got no sport on them either! Still though irony of all is BBC Scotland/ALBA covers Shinty (yes when was the last time this lot covered this let alone spoke about it??) STV needs a complete overhaul I reckon but the bosses let be are only in it for money

Do you know if WIN CASH LIVE has been dropped elsewhere (think it was showing on Sky somewhere) or is it just STV that's scrapped it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know if WIN CASH LIVE has been dropped elsewhere (think it was showing on Sky somewhere) or is it just STV that's scrapped it?

Come to think about it on my Panasonic Freeview I have a channel called "showcase" (ch 256 - streamed) it displays Win Cash Live but I have got Landscape HD on it during that time - possibly it has been dropped from other channels but I am not sure.....but I read in the Sunday Mail Mag that it'll appear on STV either tomorrow or Thursday :confused::o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think about it on my Panasonic Freeview I have a channel called "showcase" (ch 256 - streamed) it displays Win Cash Live but I have got Landscape HD on it during that time - possibly it has been dropped from other channels but I am not sure.....but I read in the Sunday Mail Mag that it'll appear on STV either tomorrow or Thursday :confused::o

WIN CASH LIVE never appeared last week, must have been a misprint in the Sunday Mail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 12th Aug-Fri. 18th Sept:-

FILM: FAST AND THE FURIOUS airs Saturday late night STV with Film: United 93 screening on the ITV network. Again no Motorsport or Motorcycling Sunday/Monday through the night.

Onto Monday primetime and ANIMAL 999 continues on STV whilst ITV has Britain As Seen On ITV (3 of 6). A specially extended SCOTLAND TONIGHT airs later, leading into the bizarre return :o of MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND! (the next one in sequence should have been 6 of 8, but the Radio Times bills it as 4 of 8!! :confused: ).

NIGHTSHIFT and NIGHTSCREEN are billed all week, so it looks as if WIN CASH LIVE has disappeared for good.

The "no show on STV" list now looks like this (original screening month on ITV as stated):-

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WIN CASH LIVE never appeared last week, must have been a misprint in the Sunday Mail.

So much to even rely on the Sunday Mail for updated listings, and half the time they too will mention a programme on STV but it will be on ITV and not as STV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May as well have a mini section dedicated to the amount of blunders STV News does every week since well .... it seems like when you say it in a forum most take it as if it never happens or basically complain to STV or OFCOM but lets see if STV HQ will take any notice (doubt it)

Monday 7 September (STV North news at 6)

Norman crosses over to David Cowan .. screens flicker in background and beside Norman ... report runs ... Norman is cut off midway in conversation with David .. David rants .. (NO APOLOGY given), plus its obvious that its running to a script ie Norman speaks to David at same time as say John McKay is on (so whats the point again in STV North??)

'STV's 'holyrood' reporter mentioned 'lauras' package report ... umm it was Claire Stewart for us in North (again seems to me STV North is near simulcast with STV HQ ie Glasgow's main bulletin), you would think also to either not to mention someones name for a report - I don't much know who Laura is?? Is she a reporter for STV HQ (Glasgow) or Edinburgh? Again these reports such as this stick out odd, they may as well just pre-record for STV North with their own reporters names!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 19th Aug-Fri. 25th Sept:-

No Motorsport (from Knockhill, SCOTLAND! >:( ) Sunday/Monday through the night and onto Monday primetime and ANIMAL 999 continues on STV whilst ITV has Britain As Seen On ITV (4 of 6). MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND disappears again off the STV screens :confused: and late night Friday sees FILM: CRANK on STV while ITV airs Film: The Fast and The Furious Tokyo Drift.

The "no show on STV" list (original screening month on ITV as stated):-

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 19th Aug-Fri. 25th Sept:-

No Motorsport (from Knockhill, SCOTLAND! >:( ) Sunday/Monday through the night and onto Monday primetime and ANIMAL 999 continues on STV whilst ITV has Britain As Seen On ITV (4 of 6). MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND disappears again off the STV screens :confused: and late night Friday sees FILM: CRANK on STV while ITV airs Film: The Fast and The Furious Tokyo Drift.

The "no show on STV" list (original screening month on ITV as stated):-

Rather than remove shows and in place of STV ....You put programme on as normal THEN film or is there some obsession of getting closed after midnight to show that god awful nightshift again for 2 hours then nightscreen :confused:

As for Motorsport from Knockhill in STV tradition it misses this every year knowing the fact KNOCKHILL is based in SCOTLAND and is well in a way a sport in Scotland ... doubt the viewer will see highlights on STV News so lets not hold out hope on that! We know STV mostly focuses on footy and the odd rugby but lets not get ahead of ourselves STV thinks its viewers only think of footy and nothing else exists

Expect STV to show highlights of John McKay taking on the McManus in a swally match and Sean and his dog Jock in a game of Scottish Crufts lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 26th Sep-Fri. 2nd Oct:-

No Motorsport (again from Knockhill) and Motorcycling Sunday/Monday through the night and onto Monday primetime and ANIMAL 999 continues on STV whilst ITV has Britain As Seen On ITV (5 of 6).

Onto Wednesday and Goodwood Revival is on ITV late night but a "no show" on STV. Thursday/Friday through the night sees Gambling on ITV and AFTER MIDNIGHT (12.35-2.00am) on STV - "Late night news and conversation. Plus classic clips from the archive" :confused: Sounds like a rehashed NIGHTSHIFT? Or maybe not! >:( AFTER MIDNIGHT also screens on Friday/Saturday 1.00-2.00am.

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 3rd-Fri. 9th Oct:-

AFTER MIDNIGHT continues through the whole week. FINDING SCOTLAND'S REAL HEROES appears primetime Monday evening (ITV has the last Britain As Seen On ITV) whilst GOODWOOD REVIVAL (shown this week on ITV) is screened late night Monday. No show for British Touring Cars (ITV airs this through the night Wed/Thur) or Paul O'Grady's For The Love Of Dogs (primetime on ITV, Thursday) when STV has CHILDREN'S APPEAL: THE LAUNCH.

The "no show on STV" list now looks like this (original screening month on ITV as stated). Now around 10 shows never shown in the last year and 1 incomplete series >:((More Tales...):-

PAUL O'GRADY: FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS (October 2015), BRITAIN: AS SEEN ON ITV (August), SUPERHOSPITAL (June), WILD EXMOOR, BIG BOX LITTLE BOX, BRITAIN'S BUSIEST AIRPORT - HEATHROW (all May), WILD IRELAND (April & rptd. Aug), MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND (parts 6-8 Feb), BARGING ROUND BRITAIN (Feb 2015), SECRETS FROM THE SKY (Nov 2014), HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS (1 off Nov & rptd. ITV3 Feb 2015).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the EPG for Thursday (tomorrow) night STV is showing the new series of PAUL O'GRADY: FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS at 11.05-11.35pm.

Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 10th-Fri. 16th Oct:-

The new series of The Job Lot (currently shown on ITV2) repeats on ITV late night Monday, but there's no show on STV. Tuesday primetime sees Deals, Wheels & Steals on ITV while STV has STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL. DEALS, WHEELS & STEALS airs on STV late night.

Onto primetime Wednesday and STV screens STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL while ITV has All Star Mr & Mrs (3 of 8). Late night ITV screens a repeat of another programme never shown on STV (Wild Ireland).

Thursday night primetime and once again STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL airs and bumps PAUL O'GRADY to late night. Birds Of A Feather comedy repeat airs late night on ITV but STV doesn't show it.

Finally onto Friday and the STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL airs at 8pm, ITV has a Tonight programme. At 9pm the STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL returns, so no show for Piers Morgan's Life Stories: Warwick Davies. Late night ITV airs Film: Quantum Of Solace, STV has TONIGHT and RIVER MONSTERS before the (nightly) AFTER MIDNIGHT kicks in.

PIERS MORGAN'S LIFE STORIES: WARWICK DAVIES (October 2015), ALL STAR MR & MRS (3 of 8, October) BRITAIN: AS SEEN ON ITV (August), SUPERHOSPITAL (June), WILD EXMOOR, BIG BOX LITTLE BOX, BRITAIN'S BUSIEST AIRPORT - HEATHROW (all May), WILD IRELAND (April & rptd. Aug), MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND (parts 6-8 Feb), BARGING ROUND BRITAIN (Feb 2015), SECRETS FROM THE SKY (Nov 2014), HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS (1 off Nov & rptd. ITV3 Feb 2015).
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those of us not in Scotland what is After Midnight?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »

Basically a revamped version of "the nightshift" but with a new name -- I have not seen it yet but I can assume it probably be running old tapes again
  • Scalper JackScalper Jack Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday night primetime and once again STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL airs and bumps PAUL O'GRADY to late night. Birds Of A Feather comedy repeat airs late night on ITV but STV doesn't show it..

Not all bad news then. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the EPG for Thursday (tomorrow) night STV is showing the new series of PAUL O'GRADY: FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS at 11.05-11.35pm.

Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 10th-Fri. 16th Oct:-

The new series of The Job Lot (currently shown on ITV2) repeats on ITV late night Monday, but there's no show on STV. Tuesday primetime sees Deals, Wheels & Steals on ITV while STV has STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL. DEALS, WHEELS & STEALS airs on STV late night.

Onto primetime Wednesday and STV screens STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL while ITV has All Star Mr & Mrs (3 of 8). Late night ITV screens a repeat of another programme never shown on STV (Wild Ireland).

Thursday night primetime and once again STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL airs and bumps PAUL O'GRADY to late night. Birds Of A Feather comedy repeat airs late night on ITV but STV doesn't show it.

Finally onto Friday and the STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL airs at 8pm, ITV has a Tonight programme. At 9pm the STV CHILDREN'S APPEAL returns, so no show for Piers Morgan's Life Stories: Warwick Davies. Late night ITV airs Film: Quantum Of Solace, STV has TONIGHT and RIVER MONSTERS before the (nightly) AFTER MIDNIGHT kicks in.

PIERS MORGAN'S LIFE STORIES: WARWICK DAVIES (October 2015), ALL STAR MR & MRS (3 of 8, October) BRITAIN: AS SEEN ON ITV (August), SUPERHOSPITAL (June), WILD EXMOOR, BIG BOX LITTLE BOX, BRITAIN'S BUSIEST AIRPORT - HEATHROW (all May), WILD IRELAND (April & rptd. Aug), MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND (parts 6-8 Feb), BARGING ROUND BRITAIN (Feb 2015), SECRETS FROM THE SKY (Nov 2014), HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS (1 off Nov & rptd. ITV3 Feb 2015).

Oh well now we know where STV's priority is ... close up just "after midnight" with archived clips and nothing more, yep seems more to me anything missed the viewers in Scotland will not be able to catchup after 12am - is it just me but is this just plain lazy? Why not they just put on a testcard or just stick on Teleshopping with kilts on it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »
    Basically a revamped version of "the nightshift" but with a new name -- I have not seen it yet but I can assume it probably be running old tapes again

Yes it's similar to NIGHT5HIT (sorry NIGHTSHIFT :D) in that there's still the vaseline smeared picture of the 1980s and 1990s clips - but now squeezed into the left corner.They have something rolling up the right hand side and news/weather (if I remember rightly) scrolling/appearing along the bottom. Basically NIGHTSHIFT tarted up...
    Not all bad news then. :D

:D
    Oh well now we know where STV's priority is ... close up just "after midnight" with archived clips and nothing more, yep seems more to me anything missed the viewers in Scotland will not be able to catchup after 12am - is it just me but is this just plain lazy? Why not they just put on a testcard or just stick on Teleshopping with kilts on it?

Putting PAUL O'GRADY on so late is a nonsense, plus what's happened to MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND. Next week MR & MRS disappears from primetime - wonder when/where/if that will appear? Did STV courteously remind the viewers it wouldn't be on next week? Nope! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's similar to NIGHT5HIT (sorry NIGHTSHIFT :D) in that there's still the vaseline smeared picture of the 1980s and 1990s clips - but now squeezed into the left corner.They have something rolling up the right hand side and news/weather (if I remember rightly) scrolling/appearing along the bottom. Basically NIGHTSHIFT tarted up...

Putting PAUL O'GRADY on so late is a nonsense, plus what's happened to MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND. Next week MR & MRS disappears from primetime - wonder when/where/if that will appear? Did STV courteously remind the viewers it wouldn't be on next week? Nope! >:(

I notice the layout is similar to Made in Tyne and Wear TV in Newcastle -- from what I seen tonight, example - programme tea for a tenner (STV Edinburgh?) and weather is shown on the same screen is on news ticker on bottom and right hand side (right hand side also includes programme info for next day), also I had to double check but it seems everything being played out is from Glasgow, what you see on screen and ticker is shown on SD/HD (no regional differences) ie Weather playout - so am I to guess that everyone in Scotland lives in Glasgow these days? :o:confused:

I don't understand why move Paul O Grady on late - did they not do at one point have these type of programmes on next day at 9pm one year? - I watched Mr/Mrs this week on STV and your indeed correct nothing was not mentioned on next show, but expect a catchup thrown somewhere at the weekend, I still cannot fanthom why STV do this is muck around with programming - I see that its STV Appeal week again but they do this every year - completely make a big balls up on programming - again if they are so keen on sticking Paul O Grady on at 2335 then they can stick on missed shows "after midnight" - but its funny they somehow put Jezza on at 2am! hmm so you can't air anything before Jezza tonight? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 17th-Fri. 23rd Oct:-

Primetime Wednesday and (according to the tv guide) STV shows MR & MRS - 4 of 8 (in line with ITV). If this is correct then STV have missed 3 of 8 (not screened this Wednesday 14th) :confused: Through the night and STV doesn't show British Touring Car Highlights - maybe we're not part of Britain STV?? >:(

The "no show on STV" list now looks like this (original screening month on ITV as stated):-

ALL STAR MR & MRS (3 of 8, October) BRITAIN: AS SEEN ON ITV (August), SUPERHOSPITAL (June), WILD EXMOOR, BIG BOX LITTLE BOX, BRITAIN'S BUSIEST AIRPORT - HEATHROW (all May), WILD IRELAND (April & rptd. Aug), MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND (parts 6-8 Feb), BARGING ROUND BRITAIN (Feb 2015), SECRETS FROM THE SKY (Nov 2014), HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS (1 off Nov & rptd. ITV3 Feb 2015).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Main STV OPT OUTS for Sat. 17th-Fri. 23rd Oct:-

Primetime Wednesday and (according to the tv guide) STV shows MR & MRS - 4 of 8 (in line with ITV). If this is correct then STV have missed 3 of 8 (not screened this Wednesday 14th) :confused: Through the night and STV doesn't show British Touring Car Highlights - maybe we're not part of Britain STV?? >:(

ALL STAR MR & MRS (3 of 8, October) BRITAIN: AS SEEN ON ITV (August), SUPERHOSPITAL (June), WILD EXMOOR, BIG BOX LITTLE BOX, BRITAIN'S BUSIEST AIRPORT - HEATHROW (all May), WILD IRELAND (April & rptd. Aug), MORE TALES FROM NORTHUMBERLAND (parts 6-8 Feb), BARGING ROUND BRITAIN (Feb 2015), SECRETS FROM THE SKY (Nov 2014), HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS (1 off Nov & rptd. ITV3 Feb 2015).

The irony of the British Touring Car Championships, I spotted on STV news at 6 (North edition) it featured a guy speaking to a reporter at ... guess where?? ... Knockhill! STV has a completely different definition of Scotland in my books - more like we are all jocks with kilts and playing bagpipe music and we enjoy the company of John McKay/Rhona/Sean Batty and Lorraine friggin Kelly!! Where the heck are the young talent of STV? Oh wait they are stuck on their locals Glasgow and Edinburgh :confused:

Expect Mr and Mrs ep 3 either will be caught up soon or it'll be quietly missed out (expect it to be shown if ITV plan to repeat the series again) and it magically appears!

The missing programming I doubt the STV viewers have not got a chance in hell for seeing them. Again I ask is why they can't show these programmes during the night or give the option of putting them up on the STV Player instead so their viewers can play catchup but I doubt it