The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    yaaaas Lisa!

OMG the banner and profile pic using images from the WTA emojis video!! <3:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4PrLASRv58

I loved the banner of the WTA Reactions account that was Maria doing the shocked face emoji, but they've changed it now.
  • alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    OMG the banner and profile pic using images from the WTA emojis video!! <3:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4PrLASRv58

I loved the banner of the WTA Reactions account that was Maria doing the shocked face emoji, but they've changed it now.

GOAT and omg I LOVE THE WTA REACTIONS ACCOUNT. Quite friendly with one of the co-creators! Best Twitter account by far and love how the players like it as well.

edit: Actually was thinking of changing my pictures. Before it was serena pulling a face post point and Caroline with her racket stuck in her hair.
    Forum Member
    GOAT and omg I LOVE THE WTA REACTIONS ACCOUNT. Quite friendly with one of the co-creators! Best Twitter account by far and love how the players like it as well.

edit: Actually was thinking of changing my pictures. Before it was serena pulling a face post point and Caroline with her racket stuck in her hair.

Belinda Bencic is obsessed with it, particularly when they make vines of her. :D

Oh god the racquet in her hair, I'd forgotten that palaver!
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went waaaaaaay off on some random tangents there! :blush::confused::blush::D

Ignore my ramblings!

Back to tennis chat, good good. Good win for Andy last night too.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Hey

I feel like I'm crashing the tennis party, but I just wanted to let you all know that I've got meself a Eurovision job ... I'll be one of the editors on the news site www.escbubble.com, it would be great if you could read it from time to time, and of course I'd welcome any comments!

Oh wow. Cool! Congrats :)
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never sleep naked even alone, so I definitely wouldn't share a bed with a friend or someone of minimal acquaintance who would choose to. I never want to see my friends naked, it'd be like seeing family naked, just wrong! I'm quite prudish, in that 'public changing room' scenario kind of way. I'd be skulking away into a private cubical and public showers would be a definite no no! Like at school, nobody ever used the showers!
    I don't know why I'm the way I am, I'm not one for PDAs either and I must be the only person that locks the bathroom door even when I'm home alone! :blush::D It's learned behaviour from somewhere, I guess the way I see it, there are things only your doctor or significant other should know/see, if it would shock your granny then don't do it! :D

I am exactly the same, Lisa. Even when alone I take my clothes into the bathroom and stay in there to dry and dress myself.

I actually had this disagreement a couple of weeks ago with someone I'm dating, he once went skinny dipping in Denmark and doesn't understand why I wouldn't do that.

I suppose it is a learnt shame but it doesn't affect my life much so I don't see it as a problem.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Too many loganberries! :D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That makes Swedish cuisine look vile :blush:
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fake showmance, faking dramaz ...yawn
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Fake showmance, faking dramaz ...yawn

They need to go on Friday.>:(
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    That makes Swedish cuisine look vile :blush:

The cheese pie looks nice but its just a Quiche Lorraine without the bacon
    Forum Member
    What a rollercoaster Belinda's match was! That meltdown at 5-3 in the second set, throwing away 8 set points and then the tantrums, racquet throwing and tears that ensued! :eek: She must've got it out her system, because somehow she got it together to cruise the tiebreak and the 3rd set. Just knew Doi would collapse after chucking away 3 match points. Hingis is going to be like WTF happened to you, when she watches the tape back. :D She couldn't watch her protégé as she was busy winning her mixed doubles match.

It's so good to know that when JJ and Cornet eventually tire of continually being snubbed by the Oscars that there are understudies ready to take over in Gavrilova and Bencic. :D
    Forum Member
    What a rollercoaster Belinda's match was! That meltdown at 5-3 in the second set, throwing away 8 set points and then the tantrums, racquet throwing and tears that ensued! :eek: She must've got it out her system, because somehow she got it together to cruise the tiebreak and the 3rd set. Just knew Doi would collapse after chucking away 3 match points. Hingis is going to be like WTF happened to you, when she watches the tape back. :D She couldn't watch her protégé as she was busy winning her mixed doubles match.

It's so good to know that when JJ and Cornet eventually tire of continually being snubbed by the Oscars that there are understudies ready to take over in Gavrilova and Bencic. :D

I watched bit of it but from what Twitter was saying it was an epic match. Also I will sob the day JJ retires.:(:(
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched bit of it but from what Twitter was saying it was an epic match. Also I will sob the day JJ retires.:(:(
    I don't even think about that. :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    Go Jo!! 15 matches on the spin now! :)
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go Jo!! 15 matches on the spin now! :)

As I said yesterday I reckon she's definitely gonna be British number one soon:)

Great win
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic from Jo yesterday! The run continues! Sabine easily through too! yay!
    Forum Member
    nick1990 wrote: »
    Fantastic from Jo yesterday! The run continues! Sabine easily through too! yay!

Yeah people talk about Sabine just being a ballbasher, but she's nothing compared to the mess that Giorgi is! Didn't take Sabine long to figure out that if she just kept the ball in then Giorgi would do the work for her.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fabulous!

Would have preferred Chris, but oh well.
    Forum Member
    16 on the trot!! About bloody time a shocker sneaking through the draw was one of our players!! Well done Jo! :)
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo can beat anyone, and I mean anyone, on this form:o
    Forum Member
    Possibly (aka it is) me and Lisa's reaction at that lost from Kiki then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVdf7KrevF0
    Forum Member
    Possibly (aka it is) me and Lisa's reaction at that lost from Kiki then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVdf7KrevF0

:D:cry::D

Good luck trying to slice Serena or Venus to death, Vinci! Shame Kiki's body let her down, clearly the tennis gods are sadists.

Despite the minor blips at crucial moments, I continue to be impressed with Konta. It was actually pretty unfortunate that with Petra serving first, she was effectively chasing the scoreboard from thereon in, which adds extra pressure. No reason why Jo can't become top 20 or higher. I mean if the likes of Pliskova can vulture their way into the top 10...

Not too disappointed by Andy, he's played a ton of tennis this year and it'd only been Fed or Novak stopping him this year before that match. Big Kev deserves a lot of credit for the work he's done to try and break out of that 'servebot' group.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that has to be the biggest tennis upset I've ever seen, no contest :o