Is it time for Shirley to Leave Eastenders

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,954
    Forum Member
    No
    Another option is that Ben could have somehow gotten the better of Shirley somehow (instead of killing her) and remained in the show. Lot's of fans would have complained, but it would have kept Shirley relevant... Shirley is just pointless now

i think ben will be back maybe next year anyway

i dont think shes pointless. shes the only one who knows what phil is up to atm sharon dont have a clue. thats why i think she isnt in it as much as she would distract from that story. billy has only been in 6 episodes since the start of the year too
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Filiman wrote: »
    We're not talking Chrissie Watts here, Shirley Carter is hardly a strong willed, intelligent, single minded woman capable of giving as good as she gets.

Does not compute.:p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Like where? She has no friends and no family. She choose not to the decent thing and tell the police the truth in fact she help cover it up. She has a new baby grandchild out of Walford what reason does she have to be there?

I like her but she was ruined the moment she pissed over her friends memory and decided to not only not get justice but help cover up the crime......nice
    What annoyed me the most about Shirley is the fact that she spent months after Heather's death going around looking for her killer and wanting to make everyone involved in her death pay to doing absolutely nothing when she found out the truth. Ben is in jail, Jay got community service but Phil walked away. I understand what Phil did, he tried to protect his son, something as much as I disagree with, I can understand. Why did Shirley do nothing after finding out? :rolleyes:
    mo mouse wrote: »
    But there are only so many storylines that you can centre around a bottle of whisky.
    love your post as usual :D:D:D:D
    :yawn: do people not watch? shes only got drunk on NYE since she returned !!
    Calm down. She's pathetic drunk. Get over it and let the rest of us have an opinion
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Maybe Shieley's exit could be drinking herself to death.
    Brilliant!
    but shirley was the victim - it was ben who killed heather. people wanted to see justice for what ben did

but i agree ben shouldve tried to cause harm to shirley to keep her quiet. just not actually going through with it lol
    Hev got murdered and Shirley is the victim? Seriously?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    :yawn: do people not watch? shes only got drunk on NYE since she returned !!

We have hardly seen Shirley since she returned, for all we know she could be getting pissed every night night of the week. :D
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    We have hardly seen Shirley since she returned, for all we know she could be getting pissed every night night of the week. :D

& were is she ment to have got the money for this?,last i saw she was working in chicken place - hardly big bucks is it :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Haha you're probably right, maybe Nico will catch her pouring whiskey in with the chip fat at and sack her :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    & were is she ment to have got the money for this?,last i saw she was working in chicken place - hardly big bucks is it :rolleyes:

I'm sure Aaron was just having a laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Haha you're probably right, maybe Nico will catch her pouring whiskey in with the chip fat at and sack her :D

Shirley will find a way, like Mo says Shirley's one true love is the whiskey bottle. :cool:
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

That thought did cross my mind. Who knows what she's up to when she's not on screen.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    That's settled then. She thought she was being clever by only drinking heavily off camera but we've sussed her out.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    Shirley has potential imo.

In the scenes with Phil after Heathers death is the only time I have believed that Phil cared about someone. I actually believed in Phil and Shirley as a couple.

I hope once the anniversary of Heathers death has arrived that we will see the Shirley V's Phil reignited!

I personally would rather see Phil with Shirley than Sharon.

I'd love to see Shirls blackmail Phil or pretend to forgive him and take him for everything he has. Linda is a brilliant actress and EE are foolish not to take Shirley as a character to her full potential.

The writers need wet fish flapped across their faces!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Yes
    yep..hop on a train dear Shirley..your not wanted now and think your daughter wants you to play nanny :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    What you want to see her blackmail phil? That storyline was :yawn::yawn: the first time. Why do we want to see shirley the hypocrite blackmail phil again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    That's settled then. She thought she was being clever by only drinking heavily off camera but we've sussed her out.

Talking of alcohol issues Mouse!
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Talking of alcohol issues Mouse!

I'm quite sure I don't know what you mean
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    What you want to see her blackmail phil? That storyline was :yawn::yawn: the first time. Why do we want to see shirley the hypocrite blackmail phil again?

Id like her to blackmail him for his money, Shirley technically could have Phil put in prison for his role in the cover up in Heathers murder. Phil sat back and watched those boys take the rap for covering Heathers murder up, Jay had no choice as Phil forced him to. I think its time got some pay back for his role, Phils to big a character to lose so prison is out of the question so Shirley should hit him where it hurts, in his pocket!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    I'm quite sure I don't know what you mean

Have you been sharing a glass with "our Leanne"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    yep..hop on a train dear Shirley..your not wanted now and think your daughter wants you to play nanny :D

She can hop on a train, leave in a cab or get driven from Walford by a mob of pitchfork-weilding locals...just get her away from Walford :D
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    No
    Nopes, I like Shirley, luv her one-liners. She needs a decent storyline now though, she has been in the background too much, like Mo, Jean and Ian.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,954
    Forum Member
    No

love your post as usual :D:D:D:D

Calm down. She's pathetic drunk. Get over it and let the rest of us have an opinion

Brilliant!

Hev got murdered and Shirley is the victim? Seriously?
    but i have only seen her got drunk on nye since she returned when else has she got drunk ?

she was a victim yes not the only one but she wasnt to blame for what happened
    Forum Member
    Have you been sharing a glass with "our Leanne"

Never in a million years with that brass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    xTonix wrote: »
    Nopes, I like Shirley, luv her one-liners. She needs a decent storyline now though, she has been in the background too much, like Mo, Jean and Ian.

I'd rather see Mo, Jean and Ian on-screen together :p
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Id like her to blackmail him for his money, t!

She's not bright enough to pull it off. If she suceeded she'd spend it on whisky
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Id like her to blackmail him for his money, Shirley technically could have Phil put in prison for his role in the cover up in Heathers murder. Phil sat back and watched those boys take the rap for covering Heathers murder up, Jay had no choice as Phil forced him to. I think its time got some pay back for his role, Phils to big a character to lose so prison is out of the question so Shirley should hit him where it hurts, in his pocket!

And what about Shirley not going to the Police when she found all this out? All Phil has to do is to threaten to take her down with him.

Phil always manages to loose and regain money. It's not a very original storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    She's not bright enough to pull it off. If she suceeded she'd spend it on whisky

Lol. :D

Shirley would rather spend time with the whiskey bottle than spend time with her own kids. :D