The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board (2)

1140141142143144146»

Comments

• PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    They really should have put Karen with Pasha last year, and left Aliona with Artem - P & K were far more suited to each other & had great chemistry together in the few dances they did. By the way I love that chain belt thingy that Karen is wearing around her dress :)

I wonder who his pro partner will be this year. I think it's either going to be Janette or Emma. Whomever it is I'm sure he'll strike up an amazing partnership with them. I've recently been watching his SYTYCD uploads on youtube and he always seemed to bond really well with the dancers he was paired with :)

Hi Topaz!! Nice to see you here. Yes. Karen and Pasha looked so good together. But Iveta and Pasha were amazing as well. As you mention Pasha always bonds beautifully with his partners..pro or celeb. The only exception in my opinion was Aliona. And I know who was to blame for that!!!!...Theoretically , I also think Khristina would not be that good a partner for him as their dancing styles are so different as was Aliona's. But so saying... Khristina and Pasha might still work...theoretically...as I don't think that will happen... I think Emma will be partnering Pasha this year...although I would be very excited with Janette as well... :)
    In several interviews around his SYTYCD time and afterwards Pasha has mentioned that he can only dance his best with his partner as he has always been a partner dancer and the only way to make the dance look beautiful and himself as a dancer look good is to present his partner well and make her look good... That's his secret... Although I mostly ever notice him only.... :o:o
  • Heather_HoggattHeather_Hoggatt Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    If Pasha does a tour next year (fingers and toes and everything crossed and I will try to be as good a girl as possible in the face of all the provocations in the coming months...:D *winsome smile*) we should defo do a Pasha festival.... think the current hope is for it to be in Scotland...although I am up for it anywhere in the country as I think is callie... :)

Have car , train, plane tickets will travel! :D:) hope everyone is well, can't get in here as much as I would like lately, work is mental! :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I think he will partner Janette next year, because with every picture I see of her I'm surprised about how small she is. :D
    With Vincent gone Pasha is the shortest pro dancer I believe. From what I've seen of both they'll look good together!
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyping in progress!! :):)

Natasha Devon ‏@BodyGossipTash 7m
    Right, a bit of Skype action with the Russian sleb then making risotto for a mate,

;)
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Topaz!! Nice to see you here. Yes. Karen and Pasha looked so good together. But Iveta and Pasha were amazing as well. As you mention Pasha always bonds beautifully with his partners..pro or celeb. The only exception in my opinion was Aliona. And I know who was to blame for that!!!!...Theoretically , I also think Khristina would not be that good a partner for him as their dancing styles are so different as was Aliona's. But so saying... Khristina and Pasha might still work...theoretically...as I don't think that will happen... I think Emma will be partnering Pasha this year...although I would be very excited with Janette as well... :)
    In several interviews around his SYTYCD time and afterwards Pasha has mentioned that he can only dance his best with his partner as he has always been a partner dancer and the only way to make the dance look beautiful and himself as a dancer look good is to present his partner well and make her look good... That's his secret... Although I mostly ever notice him only.... :o:o
    blackflier wrote: »
    I think he will partner Janette next year, because with every picture I see of her I'm surprised about how small she is. :D
    With Vincent gone Pasha is the shortest pro dancer I believe. From what I've seen of both they'll look good together!
    Hi there :)

I think Kristina is established with Robin now who she's really well suited to so I don't think there's much chance they'd put her with Pasha - on a personal level she probably gets on really well with Pasha because they're both from Siberia but as Pashulty says their styles of dancing are so different.

I think the shortest pro now looks to be Robin - perhaps it doesn't seem that way because he's quite burly and muscular but I think I remember his height being stated as 5ft 9. However as I said before I really think they should keep him and Kristina together because even though Janette will be the shortest female pro now I don't think she'd suit Robin.

Both Pasha and Artem are 5ft 10 - Artem's height was erroneously stated by many as 5ft 11 but he himself has said he's 5ft 10. I think Iveta was great with Pasha but I think because of age and height and the fact she's got more of a ballroom background than the other two new girls she's probably going to have the unfortunate fate of being Anton's partner :eek: :( but she's got a great sense of humour so she'll now how best to handle him ;) Pasha's partner could be either Janette or Emma but at a guess I'd say it'll be Janette :)
    Forum Member
    Hi there

I think Kristina is established with Robin now who she's really well suited to so I don't think there's much chance they'd put her with Pasha - on a personal level she probably gets on really well with Pasha because they're both from Siberia but as Pashulty says their styles of dancing are so different.

I think the shortest pro now looks to be Robin - perhaps it doesn't seem that way because he's quite burly and muscular but I think I remember his height being stated as 5ft 9. However as I said before I really think they should keep him and Kristina together because even though Janette will be the shortest female pro now I don't think she'd suit Robin.

Both Pasha and Artem are 5ft 10 - Artem's height was erroneously stated by many as 5ft 11 but he himself has said he's 5ft 10. I think Iveta was great with Pasha but I think because of age and height and the fact she's got more of a ballroom background than the other two new girls she's probably going to have the unfortunate fate of being Anton's partner but she's got a great sense of humour so she'll now how best to handle him . Pasha's partner could be either Janette or Emma but at a guess I'd say it'll be Janette

Hi Topaz!!...Since our earlier posts and your post above I have had time to think (:eek:...yes yes... I know guys... even I sometimes think...:eek:)... well at least as much as possible with the minimal amount of grey cells I have :rolleyes::p

Although I still think there is no chance of a Kristina/Pasha partnership and this is just a convo for the sake of a convo, as you mentioned on a personal level I think they are probably friends. I have also had time to think about the compatibility as dance partners of these two and although at first glance they might not seem compatible I think they would make it work beautifully. You know how everyone was wondering about Pasha's credentials as a choreographer and a teacher as those seemed unknown elements in the media when he had started on SCD. Obviously everyone knows now how superb he is and more. But I think his versatility is astonishing and he knows where and how to pitch things appropriately. Who would think after watching his choreo on SCD and not knowing anything else that these were his choreo (obviously with Anya's help) ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-9a6jVe_Qc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TsEU2ARcfQ

I loved both those routines... Can you just imagine how amazing these routines would have been with Pasha and Anya/Kristina? Those girls are so earthy...mmm...:o (Mind you in no way I am a great fan of 'desperate' Kristina...but I have been wowed by some of her choreo for Jason and some of her other dances)

I also think Iveta will be paired with Anton for all the reasons you have mentioned... Will just have to wait and see who partners Pasha...as mentioned a million times before...now that Aliona is gone I don't care... I will be happy for him with any of the pro girls... :)... Pasha will make it work with anyone... :)

I am not going into the height issue all over again. All I know is he is the perfect height for me to rest my head on his chest ...:o (Yup...gutter hadn't left you for long although was having a cerebral moment...:rolleyes:;))
  • PashafanPashafan Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    callicot wrote: »
    Good ides :) Party-time in Scotland and Jersey......works for me.....and there is the Dublin possibility as well.....watch out GG :D

Fingers crossed as always :eek:

If Pasha tours next year we must all meet up for sure:)

P got back from Russia today.;)

As I have mentioned before, I have a feeling Anton will get Iveta...and I think Pasha may get Janette, I was talking to her about P last month after BTF...she is really tiny.
    Forum Member
    Pashafan wrote: »
    If Pasha tours next year we must all meet up for sure:)

P got back from Russia today.;)

As I have mentioned before, I have a feeling Anton will get Iveta...and I think Pasha may get Janette, I was talking to her about P last month after BTF...she is really tiny.

oooo.... Pasha in Russia!!!!
    So glad he managed to get some R&R time with the family...:) .... Probably took mum to St Petersburg as planned...Bless...Such a lovely boy... proud mum, proud family and proud fans... :)
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blackflier wrote: »

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :D Small is cool!! :cool: Pasha would look good with someone small!! What a pity you grew that bit too much, Pashulty!! Yayyyyyyyyy! Small is cool!! :p
    Forum Member
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :D Small is cool!! :cool: Pasha would look good with someone small!! What a pity you grew that bit too much, Pashulty!! Yayyyyyyyyy! Small is cool!! :p

Small or not.... as I have mentioned before... Pasha and I are a perfect fit... ;):D:o:o
    Callie and Susie will verify this... :D
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely photo of Pasha's editor/writer from this evening. Do you think she looked liked this when she spoke to Pasha earlier this afternoon? I bet she has developed a 'soft spot' for him - just imagine - Pasha has 'opened up to her' and she knows all his 'personal details' !!!

:D:eek::)

https://twitter.com/BodyGossipTash/status/360467567355240451/photo/1
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Small or not.... as I have mentioned before... Pasha and I are a perfect fit... ;):D:o:o

Okay, okay. You fit together perfectly. :rolleyes:

Here's a 'different' photo. What's the background to this?

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/f38c4ae371c4abd0da8dc4e04798ae5f/l.jpg
    Forum Member
    music girl wrote: »
    Lovely photo of Pasha's editor/writer from this evening. Do you think she looked liked this when she spoke to Pasha earlier this afternoon? I bet she has developed a 'soft spot' for him - just imagine - Pasha has 'opened up to her' and she knows all his 'personal details' !!!

:D:eek::)

https://twitter.com/BodyGossipTash/status/360467567355240451/photo/1

lol... music girl...I don't think she knows all his personal details...just the details he wants her and the rest of us to know... :p:D
    nice pic music girl... thanks for posting... :)
    Forum Member

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/f38c4ae371c4abd0da8dc4e04798ae5f/l.jpg

Thanks for the pic Korky... :)... Such a adorably cute one...mwah!!!:o:o
    Sorry cant remember from which week it is...but its from one of the group dances on SYTYCD when Pasha was a contestant... anyone got the link please?
  • SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

Thanks everyone for all today's links and goss.:D
    He is back on British soil, yay!:p
    Agree Topaz, think Pasha and Karen should have been paired together last year, they made a fantastic team, but in the end he mainly had Iveta for his pro partner and that too was fabulous.:)
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Topaz!!...Since our earlier posts and your post above I have had time to think (:eek:...yes yes... I know guys... even I sometimes think...:eek:)... well at least as much as possible with the minimal amount of grey cells I have

Although I still think there is no chance of a Kristina/Pasha partnership and this is just a convo for the sake of a convo, as you mentioned on a personal level I think they are probably friends. I have also had time to think about the compatibility as dance partners of these two and although at first glance they might not seem compatible I think they would make it work beautifully. You know how everyone was wondering about Pasha's credentials as a choreographer and a teacher as those seemed unknown elements in the media when he had started on SCD. Obviously everyone knows now how superb he is and more. But I think his versatility is astonishing and he knows where and how to pitch things appropriately. Who would think after watching his choreo on SCD and not knowing anything else that these were his choreo (obviously with Anya's help) ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-9a6jVe_Qc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TsEU2ARcfQ

I loved both those routines... Can you just imagine how amazing these routines would have been with Pasha and Anya/Kristina? Those girls are so earthy...mmm...:o (Mind you in no way I am a great fan of 'desperate' Kristina...but I have been wowed by some of her choreo for Jason and some of her other dances)

I also think Iveta will be paired with Anton for all the reasons you have mentioned... Will just have to wait and see who partners Pasha...as mentioned a million times before...now that Aliona is gone I don't care... I will be happy for him with any of the pro girls... :)... Pasha will make it work with anyone... :)

I am not going into the height issue all over again. All I know is he is the perfect height for me to rest my head on his chest ...:o (Yup...gutter hadn't left you for long although was having a cerebral moment...:rolleyes:;))

lol Pashulty it's nice to see your mind working overtime but somehow I don't think that's difficult for you re Pasha ;) Thanks for those links - I loved that routine they choregraphed for Courtney and Gev.

Yes I think Pasha could work well with almost anyone and if he had to dance with Kristina he could easily make it work as could she. I happen to like Kristina - she can be OTT and she is an extrovert as opposed to Pasha who despite his affable personality is more of an introvert but I think she's good at heart. They'd easily make it work in Latin - ballroom would be more of a problem because Pasha's style is more lyrical but they could easily merge their styles.

Whichever pro gets to work with him next series - she is going to be one lucky lady :)
    Forum Member
    lol Pashulty it's nice to see your mind working overtime but somehow I don't think that's difficult for you re Pasha ;) Thanks for those links - I loved that routine they choregraphed for Courtney and Gev.

Yes I think Pasha could work well with almost anyone and if he had to dance with Kristina he could easily make it work as could she. I happen to like Kristina - she can be OTT and she is an extrovert as opposed to Pasha who despite his affable personality is more of an introvert but I think she's good at heart. They'd easily make it work in Latin - ballroom would be more of a problem because Pasha's style is more lyrical but they could easily merge their styles.

Whichever pro gets to work with him next series - she is going to be one lucky lady :)

Agree with all you say Topaz... specially the last one...:)... Lucky lady indeed!!!!! .. :D:D:D

ETA.. the routine by Evan and Randi loses impact only for the music...If you watch it superimposed with a traditional samba music its amazing!!!!
  • PashafanPashafan Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Actually it doesn't really matter who Pash has as a pro dancer as he will look good with all of them ...there have only been 2 pros I personally have not taken to (whispers Aliona and Jared), I am more excited/nervous to discover who his celeb partner is

BTW Pashulty is a perfect fit
    Forum Member
    Actually it doesn't really matter who Pash has as a pro dancer as he will look good with all of them ...there have only been 2 pros I personally have not taken to (whispers Aliona and Jared), I am more excited/nervous to discover who his celeb partner is

Agree Susie...Pasha can make any partnership work and make his partners look good.... He is such a gentle, thoughtful and supportive partner .....and I will shout it out...I did not like Aliona with Pasha...There!!!!!

BIB... Thanks for the endorsement!!! ;):D... Now only if the man himself realised that!!!:rolleyes: sigh...:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    Hated Mia Michael here...:mad: ... Wasn't sure what the 'hot tamale' would say...but love my yozhik's face on his learning that he had made the top 20 on SYTYCD ... :) .. Bless him!!! ....such a cute relieved yozhik... :) .. Anya looked hot as well :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUlXWQLPAt0
  • SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

Your first sentence is very true.;)
    Topaz is right, whoever he partners, that pro and celeb will be exceptionally lucky indeed.:o
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board (3)
This discussion has been closed.