Options

Wayward Pines

Comments

• Options
    exploexplo Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite liked the ending. After a fairly intense last episode I thought it was great to get a curve ball at the end. History repeating itself was a fine way to finish it.

There are a lot of odd comments on here. To read some of the questions I wonder if people actually paid any attention during the last episode.
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this. Wasn't expecting the early twist, where they revealed the truth about Wayward Pines. The show got alot more interesting from that point forward.

Not sure what to make about the final scene though. If it ends on that note, without a second season, I think it'd dampen what was an otherwise enjoyable show. Hopefully we get a second season that explains what happens between the point of the bomb going off on the mountain and when Ben wakes up 3+ years later.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renewed for Season 2

http://tvline.com/2015/12/09/wayward-pines-renewed-season-2-fox/
    Set to premiere in Summer 2016, Wayward Pines‘ second season will pick up where its first go-round left off, when a new arrival in the titular town finds himself in the middle of a serious rebellion, as the residents battle over how to preserve the endangered human race.

Bit disappointed it wasn't left as it was, but I guess the success of season one meant season two was pretty much inevitable.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if we'll find out about other groups of survivors in Season 2
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to them, but I won't bother with series 2.
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The story was told, this will be awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    Good luck to them, but I won't bother with series 2.

I'm with you on that one. Even though there are certainly threads there to pick up on, it's certainly a series i'd like to remember as one complete story and no more.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renewed for Season 2

http://tvline.com/2015/12/09/wayward-pines-renewed-season-2-fox/

Bit disappointed it wasn't left as it was, but I guess the success of season one meant season two was pretty much inevitable.

It should be cheaper too without any of the big names from S1, aimed at a younger audience this time perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    It should be cheaper too without any of the big names from S1, aimed at a younger audience this time perhaps?

Yeah, a distinct possibility considering how Season 1 was left. Maybe they'll look at the success of the 100 on the CW and model the show after that ?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, that will mean that Carla Gugogogogino won't be in it if they focus on the youths.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    After all the talk that it was a self contained 10 part series that would have a conclusion they jump at the chance for a second season.

It's not like Fargo and True Detective that are separate stories as it will be a continuation of what happened and probably won't have a decent cast as they could for the S1.

I'll have to read up on the synopsis nearer to the date to see if I'm going to bother with it.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was this actually a Ratings hit as the article states? For some reason I thought it wasn't.

Interesting that they took so long to announce a renewal (that there even is a season 2 is a surprise), I wonder if they were trying to get a biggish name to replace MD as the newcomer in town.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, that will mean that Carla Gugogogogino won't be in it if they focus on the youths.

She'd likely be the only reason that would make me tune in :)

I imagine there might be a degree of transition from the remaining character of Season 1 in to Season 2, so you might find she'll be in it in the opening episode and that'll be it.

I'll also probably look at the synopsis closer to the time, but i'm honestly happy to leave it there because the story is told as far as i'm concerned.
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Was this actually a Ratings hit as the article states? For some reason I thought it wasn't.

Interesting that they took so long to announce a renewal (that there even is a season 2 is a surprise), I wonder if they were trying to get a biggish name to replace MD as the newcomer in town.

I wonder how many people were like me though. I only kept watching as I knew it was only 10 episodes and a self contained series.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show worked as a limited series for one season. But multiple seasons? There's no mileage in the story to support multiple seasons.

What would be the storyline for Season 2? I fear they will just regurgitate the original premise - a new stranger will arrive in town, find out about the town's dark secrets and the world at large, and will attempt to bring down the town dictator.
    After all, Season 1 did end on a bleak note where we learned the First Generation had taken over Wayward Pines and continued David Pilcher's dictatorial legacy. So it's logical to assume Season 2 will continue along those lines.

The only way this series can be sustained as an ongoing series is if they went The Walking Dead way and made the show about the survivors fighting against the threat of the Abbies. But even that will get boring quickly. And the show wasn't really about fighting the Abbies.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    I'm glad in a way, but just have to see how it turns out.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Maybe the kid will help the new stranger in town?
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Thinking it through, what I don't get is why they froze him for 3 years when they were talking about how they were going to do things differently from then on. I suppose the premier of S2 will cover that.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just binge viewed through this series on Virgin. It started a little weak but really got going after the second episode. Far more complex than it first appeared and quite shocking in parts. A couple of scenes I found emotionally upsetting enough to have to take a break. There looks to be a good book or three in this series which I may read after I've forgotten the TV series. The IMDB rating of 7.8 looks about right if you enjoy this sort of genre.
  • Options
    mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too have just binge watched.

What bothered me most were.

How were some of these people chosen to be on the 'Ark'? Hardly the greatest minds or gene pool. Mike McShane's character was nuts and some of the couples couldn't even breed.

The change in Pam's character jarred with me, she starts off like some mad character from American Horror Story and ends up as Mother Teresa.

Enjoyable enough though and very glad it had an ending, I wouldn't bother with another series.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Clearly people liked the story so why not take what people liked and build on that?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Going to be a lot of flashbacks by the looks of it :D
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Just binge viewed through this series on Virgin. It started a little weak but really got going after the second episode. Far more complex than it first appeared and quite shocking in parts. A couple of scenes I found emotionally upsetting enough to have to take a break. There looks to be a good book or three in this series which I may read after I've forgotten the TV series. The IMDB rating of 7.8 looks about right if you enjoy this sort of genre.
    There already is a Wayward Pines trilogy. Written by Blake Crouch.
  • Options
    nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched S1 over a few days. Really enjoyed it, up until the very weak ending. Shame.