Options

3D printing.... a passing fad ?

advidadvid Posts: 609
Forum Member
✭✭
..just looking at the QVC shopping channel... 'trying' to sell a £999.00 little 3D printer to the 'masses'....

I personally think 3D printing at this 'toy like' level is just a passing fad and will go the way of the 3D Televisions that everyone thought was going to be the the new 'wow' format for viewing. .. This has now almost died out and is hardly supported by SKY and Virgin...

...any comments ?

Comments

• Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    advid wrote: »
    ..just looking at the QVC shopping channel... 'trying' to sell a £999.00 little 3D printer to the 'masses'....

I personally think 3D printing at this 'toy like' level is just a passing fad and will go the way of the 3D Televisions that everyone thought was going to be the the new 'wow' format for viewing. .. This has now almost died out and is hardly supported by SKY and Virgin...

...any comments ?

No. Comment.
  • Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think 3D printing is in its infancy right now. Within the next five years it will do the manufacturing industry what MP3, file sharing and the iPod has done to CD sales. The only things that might slow this down will be if tablets and mobile phones kill off laptops and PCs. The other thing is price.