Fakeness seeping in...?

SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
Forum Member
Watching this first episode, I felt as if I could sense a kind of fakeness seeping into this show.

It's as if contestants have watched too many Apprentice series already and start behaving like former 'big personalities' instead of being originals.

I noticed this especially in Debra - who looks like she's resolved to be the next Katie Hopkins - and someone like Philip Taylor.

Or maybe it's the other way round and the casting people are intent on picking certain characters who resemble those that brought in the viewers.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably a bit of both.
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhat. In some cases, I do get the impression that they're more focused on starting a media career rather than the job itself. I guess we'll see with time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they are picked for entertainment value rather than business ability. Wonder who writes Sralan's opening remarks...
  • k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Format is more fake aswell. Used to be mostly the task but now it is only about 30mins of edited task and the rest is heavily edited and scripted boardroom.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its just similar to the Big Brother effect and everyone wanting to stand out so look at who has stood out in the past and try to behave like them
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's also a lot to do with the editing.
  • VividVivid Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately Sugar seems to prefer the stronger characters to weaker characters who may be more effective in a real work environment, I presume this is because he is looking for brash salesmen types rather than technically competent people.