Options

Does anyone know the Argos returns policy for mobile phones ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Does anyone know the Argos returns policy for mobile phones?

I have a Nokia 6230i, which is less than a year old but has a couple of problems. Firstly, the power button is very temperamental and secondly the phone doesn't always recognise the memory card.

I think the phone is also covered by the Argos mobile phone insurance which was bought at the time of purchase - I just need to find the receipt.

If I decide to take it back what will my options be - replacement, refund or credit note?

I've also noticed that the price is now £69.99 and they have limited stock. I paid £99.99 or maybe slightly more. Does this mean if I had a replacement they would offer me the £30 or so as a refund or credit note?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,

Steve.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it would go to a repair agent (most probably MPRC).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi I used to work for Argos and the way it works is:

If your phone is outside of 30 days then it has to be sent off for repair, which can take between 14 - 21 days usually. You won't get a hire phone or anything. However if you have the extra insurance Im pretty sure you can either get a replacement or refund for the original price, however if you got a replacement you wouldn't get the difference back because the phone has been reduced.

To go back to Argos to get it repaired, refunded or replaced (if you have the insurance) you will need your receipt or else they can't do anything.

By the way I think if you decided to get the refund through the insurance then it will be refunded in gift vouchers. However once you claim off the insurance it becomes void so you will have to buy it again if you want it.

Hope that helps!!
  • Options
    paul-whitepaul-white Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    bradisace wrote: »
    To go back to Argos to get it repaired, refunded or replaced (if you have the insurance) you will need your receipt or else they can't do anything.
    Very important to keep your receipt with Argos. Even if they remember you buying the phone, no receipt means a lot of hassle and less options to resolve any problems. I speak from experience. :mad:
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I had to take two DVD recorders back to Argos yesterday. None of them worked to my satisfaction. I won't buy that sort of equipment in Argos again.

I got my money back.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Receipt isn't ALWAYS needed. For example do you have the box? IF you do then if the Argos catalogue number is still on the box - they might help you.

Problem comes with your insurance though for further than a year warranty. Your receipt holds the details of insurance and as you've lost that then it is as if you don't have the insurance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I had to take two DVD recorders back to Argos yesterday. None of them worked to my satisfaction. I won't buy that sort of equipment in Argos again.

I got my money back.

To be fair, Argos do not make the goods that they sell so if an item was faulty when you bought it then most likely it came that way from the factory. If you bought a naff brand in order to save money then maybe you should buy better quality products in future.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkyuiop wrote: »
    To be fair, Argos do not make the goods that they sell so if an item was faulty when you bought it then most likely it came that way from the factory. If you bought a naff brand in order to save money then maybe you should buy better quality products in future.

Congrats, that's one of the longest periods between posts that I've seen ... 2007, 4.5 years :eek:
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    what is it with people gravedigging for threads lately? this one from 2007, some idiot bumped an 11 yr old thread the other day

just stop it, its not funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    What difference does it make if people are to comment on a post that is of a certain age if the contents are still relevant?
    I was looking for info on the above subject in Google and found a link to this thread. Lots of people find threads this way so they can soon become active again.
    Maybe it's still open as the site admin know the information is still current? If it wasn't I wouldn't have posted here as I am not a plonker or a sarcastic idiot that has nothing better to do than scour threads all day looking for large age gaps between postings so they can add their two pennies worth of irrelevant, unnecessary, pointless, off-topic comments!
    Also if your still convinced your right and think I am a thread grave digger then that makes you a thread grave digger troll,
    I guessing that worse so go to bed will you.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkyuiop wrote: »
    What difference does it make if people are to comment on a post that is of a certain age if the contents are still relevant?
    I was looking for info on the above subject in Google and found a link to this thread. Lots of people find threads this way so they can soon become active again.
    Maybe it's still open as the site admin know the information is still current? If it wasn't I wouldn't have posted here as I am not a plonker or a sarcastic idiot that has nothing better to do than scour threads all day looking for large age gaps between postings so they can add their two pennies worth of irrelevant, unnecessary, pointless, off-topic comments!
    Also if your still convinced your right and think I am a thread grave digger then that makes you a thread grave digger troll,
    I guessing that worse so go to bed will you.

Well I must admit I have done this myself in the past via internet search engines.:eek:

I join a thread that is years out of date but dived in not realising the age of the thread but the info was relevant.

On the AVF forums they have a flag comes up telling you the thread is old and it may be better to start a new thread. It does not stop you reviving old threads but it does tell you, you are.

Food for thought.

BTW...back on topic:D (this one is still relevant IMO) Argos’s 16 day money back no question asked applies to hardly any thing now. I brought a network adapter in there the other day and even that has no, no quibble free return. Basically buying from Argos now is like buying on the internet but with no Distant Selling Rules to protect you.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the thread is valid what does the time between replies matter?
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    over the years i have bought 3 phones from argos, had a fault with-in a week on all 3. when i took them back they refused point blank. to exchange them. all they told me was to contact the manufacturer. even though i told them my agreement was with them. i bought the phone from them!! never buy any-more from them..
  • Options
    falko89falko89 Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a run in with Argos over Christmas with a mobile phone, The bluetooth wouldn't work, took in and they inspected everything, couldn't get it to work, she took it out back to try and get another, returns with all and then just happens to find grease on the battery and on the back cover, I can assure you it certainly wasn't from me, so wasn't for exchanging it, so goes away and get the manager, out he comes, a real cocky shit, nope wasn't for exchanging it, She went away and phoned Orange, I was left hanging around in the shop for over an hour, I was furious, back she comes, Oh we are going to refund you. So I don't exactly know what went on in that phone call, but a real shower of shits would sum them up, She had obviously got hand cream or something on the phone and I was getting the blame, not that hand cream would effect the bluetooth working anyway but they went out of there way to be awkward.